How I make sprites

Now i’m not stating i’m some sprite master, but I just wanted to tell people how I make mine.

Me personally I don’t use the draw tool I use a third party pixel art program called piskel I downloaded it but I think there an online tool too.

First step is making the editor 8 X 8!

If you’re just going to do rotmg sprites I would set the default size to 8X8. and now you create your sprite

After you create it you might want to add the outline that realm sprites have. Inorder to do it you will want to resize it to 40x40 making sure that "resize canvas content is enabled.

You may notice that you cant add an outline because the edge of the sprite is touching the edge of the canvas. Now you simply resize again, to 42x42 but this time making sure that you have resize canvas content off

You will see theres now room on the edge for the outline, Now make your selected color black, and use the line tool to outline.

Thanks for reading.

Angel/Demon UT shield

I find it easier to use the 4x4 pencil on a 34x34 image, making sure to leave a boundary. Then I just make the sprite, put the outline around it once I’ve finished, and boom, it’s the right size from the get-go.

Also, I don’t think this is the right section.

Angel/Demon UT shield

That’s my boi

Hmm, i’ll have to try that. The reason I do it this way is because the outline is the exact same ratio as it is on the official sprites.

(I moved it to a different section)

Same.

I use Paint dot NET because Poshun used it in his tutorial, so now I just have a Script for outlining and shadowing objects. I think that’s slightly easier than using the draw tool and trying to make it transparent.

I thought you used MS Paint

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.