How to convert realm gold efficiently?

I died with my bank pretty much
Will never try Avatar on a weak macbook pro again lol

This is the only game I can bond with my siblings and I don’t want to spend time grinding it up back
Especially since my only laptop doesn’t do well with a lot going on in the game and tend to freeze for a sec and die

TO THE POINT:
What’s the best way to use realm gold to buy pots so I can get back to doing difficult content again?

Please stay on topic! I will grind again for backups but for now I just don’t feel it after such a big death and will only do realm gold. Plus I think the game needs monetary support since there are so many glitches and bugs that they haven’t fixed for half a decade now so yeah lol

Currently selling tombs, though maybe you don’t want to do that right now.

My advice to you is wait for the lost halls to come out and sell those keys.

Trying the dungeon pack and selling the keys. If you manage to get a 5 key pack of any key (should be at least 2 life for everything, unless ots have gone back down) means you spend 1000 gold for 10 life, at least. 1 life per dollar, which isn’t that bad. However, 10 tomb keys for 1000 gold can get 1 life for 33 cents (OR SOMETHING IDK I’M TIRED AND BUSY).

To note, there are chest events coming soon for all these dungeons. If you buy them soon and hold onto them, the price should inflate.

I never heard of key packs before (a little slow since I returned 2 weeks ago)

Are we able to sell keys through trades now? I think I remember people getting scammed selling keys because it was a trust thing where one says they’ll buy it and the seller opens it, then the scammer enters without paying?

So it seems like keys are the way to go with Shatter also suggesting it!

Oh and back to the dungeon pack, is there a chance I might get something worthless though?
I’ll try out the new dungeon keys nonetheless but if it’s trust trading then I’m not sure haha

If you’re buying/selling keys, it would be wise to study the Month of the Mad God calendar to see which dungeons are going to have a special event, and when:

Shatters, OT, Tomb, Nest for the weekend events
Puppet Theatre, UDL, Manor, Temple are whole week events

Although it will depend on what the chest contains to a large degree, if it’s just an already-available skin, demand won’t be as mad as if it’s a rare UT.

No, it’s still the trust method.

So for instance, like Friday Shatters Chest, that is something like buying the shatter’s key directly or a luck thing like mystery boxes? Like if I’m going for the hive keys

Also with another question, how would I go onto trading keys for life safely? Is there a sort of person that’s trusted that does trades for a small profit kind of thing?

I would be entirely hesitant to even using a key until I get paid especially since my return scamming has been running rampant (the trade scams though I never fall for it since I always check to see they accept first before I click)

You could sell Shatts when the chest is ongoing. Easy to ruin the shatts if the seller scams you
Event chest spawns at the end of the Shatts I think.
Also sell to a known guild/player in the community, they’re more trustworthy than randoms. If you can find a buyer, and the trade goes well, let them know you have more keys available, and ask them to let their guildmates know as well.

You’ll have to accept payment inside, because that’s what most buyers expect. If they refuse to pay inside, be prepared to crash the dungeon and at the least make it hard for them to complete.

It’s unfortunate but that’s the only way right now to sell dungeon keys.

If you sell keys you need be careful as you don’t want to be scammed and you can’t tell if someone is a good trader on realmeye only a scammer. Only sell to trusted people in creditable guilds pretty much

There is no way to guarantee it, every trade you need to judge the buyer as to if they look like a scammer.

But it is the most efficient way to convert realm gold into pots.

There are other things you can spend on for your longterm playing (vault chests, character slots) - my personal advice would be invest in these because it makes your overall Rotmg experience better, and the grind easier, and the more you play the better you get. Although there haven’t been very frequently special offers for these, maybe there will be in Month of the Mad God :unsure:

Buy the keys extravehanza and wait for MotMG because the chest events, people will be buying those keys

I’ll still be hesitant to do trades inside the dungeon. I would imagine crashing would be to have a guild/friends to come with/nearby to take over the dungeon if they don’t pay?

Also everyone is suggesting trustworthy guilds to trade to - how does one find these guild/leaders who will safely do the trades?

@Everyone - I don’t know how to quote multiple people but we’re all on the same topic so please feel free to jump in if you’re available!

mark the part you want to quote and then press quote

If you don’t want to do tombs, you have options.

First option:
Buy dungeons like candyland or shatters, and sell them to people online.

Second option:
Buy claims

Best way is to play with your friends/family and help each other to beat dungeons and max out. Buying things in the nexus to sell is very very inefficient and won’t make you better at the game.

Have you been in a shatters before? If you activate the enemies, they will swarm you, and these enemies will easily kill any maxed characters. That’s crashing a dungeon. Activate as many enemies, and drag them to the scammers, then nexus.I highly suggest using trickster, at level 1, in case you die… just don’t do this on purpose on normal players.

Finding trustworthy guilds… I guess you can ask the forums for trustworthy people? I’ve never sold keys.

Don’t.

However, if you really want to and are lazy as fuck, sell tombs/shatters for 3 life each. Just never go first and that’s it, no way to get scammed.

^This. This so hard.

I’d advice you to wait for people from notable guilds that can be trusted to pay you after you open, since, because of your star, I highly doubt any experienced buyers will want to pay first. There’s a good number of top guilds (on the server end ((so like use2 top 5 for instance)) ) that likely buy from key sellers fairly often. I would also advice you to look at the peoples guilds and learn a bit more about their guild before opening for them. If they allow hackers, for instance, I wouldn’t open for them, as that is the kind of thing to me that raises a red flag in their actual character, and it’s your money at stake in this, not theirs.

Good luck!! :heart:

Edit: Also look at their realmeye profile to see if they have been marked as a scammer, bad merchant, cheater, etc. I’m pretty sure the tag system works that way anyways.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.