How to download projector for mac?

Hi. I have been playing ROTMG for a while now, but I deleted my flash projector for mac. When I try to download it again, it just doesn’t do anything. It doesn’t open the projector at all, but it just stays there. Help?

move to tech support

how lol im new to forums

click the pencil next to the title

Here’s the Mac version:

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/18/flashplayer_18_sa.dmg

Macromedia is owned by Adobe, so this is the official legit download source.

Version 18 is considered to perform better than the latest version. Support ended last fall, so it’s no longer getting security updates. But since this is the Stand Alone (the “sa” part of the file name) Flash Player Projector you’ll probably never use it for anything other than RotMG so security isn’t a big concern.

It just shows as open, but i cant actually open it

No clue how that works on a Mac. Anyone else here have one and can help out?

a .dmg is a disk image. Double click on it and it is mounted as a disk drive, just as if you had stuck a CD in the CD drive, or floppy in the floppy drive. Look on your Desktop for it normally. Double click on it to open it, like a folder.

I know that lol. When I click on the Flash Projector FILE it doesn’t work. No screen pops up at all.

1. Click on the Flash Player icon (No window will pop up)
  2. Click File in the top left
  3. Click open location
  4. Paste in the Rotmg URL from the realmeye wiki flash projector guide and click OPEN
  5. Voila! (To open it again in the future, go to file and open recent, it should now be there)
    This is what worked for me, hope it helps!

That’s right. It can also open local files, so if you download the SWF for for ROTMG (or any other game) you can run it locally. This is needed for using a Kong account with Flash Projector.

Tysm! It works now :smiley: now its not laggy anymore.

never mind. It is laggier than browser somehow. Is it like that for u?

It‘s much better for me, compared to browsers. It’s playable, while browsers simply are not playable due to lag.

You could try a more recent version, as the version linked to earlier, version 18, is quite old. Here is Adobe’s page with releases going back to 2010

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Scroll down to Flash Player archives. That is the main list of releases. Each is a large file as it includes files and installers for all platforms. So if you download the latest, Flash Player 24.0.0.194, the file you want in there is flashplayer24_0r0_194_mac_sa.dmg. “sa” is for Stand Alone, i.e. Flash Projector.

which version do you use?

I’m currently using 24.0.0.170. The version I recommend above is actually more recent then mine, but there should be no noticeable difference.

These minor point releases are security patches, which are more important for Flash plugin as you use that to browse the web, and might visit an insecure website. You are probably on the latest version for Flash plugin anyway. Flash will notify you when the plugin needs updating, and Safari will refuse to load the plugin with an older version if you wait too long too long to update.

I tried that, but it lags when i move or do anythng

Then there might be something else causing lag. Maybe the server you are playing on is not very close to you, or your own internet connection is poor. Is there some other program on your computer using a lot of memory or CPU?

Also there has been a problem for a while of Realms having terrible lag. E.g. an hour ago there were three Realms in EU West, but two had terrible lag, only one was OK (and was very popular because of it).

Oh, btw, no. I’ve tried on all servers, and my computer has little space being used. My internet performs perfectly, and I find browsers are more reliable, but I only lag when there are huge groups of enemies.

Hardware acceleration was introduced primarily to deal with this: it dramatically reduced lag when large numbers of enemies are onscreen.

You need three things for it to work

• hardware acceleration turned on in ROTMG’s settings, as seen in the video
  • Hardware acceleration turned on in Flash (right click and choose 'Settings… from the main menu)
  • A computer with modern 3D hardware. It does not need to be new or powerful – anything from the last five years will probably work