How To Identify a Hacker

Says you lmao

@Fluffegan when you say 10 mins on hacked client that usually means you are a hacker who specifies in time? Also did you make this post to make people think you’re not a hacker and that you dislike them? Idk something fishy is here I suapect fluff is a hacker

You can think whatever you want but if I was a hacker, don’t you think this post would have been a bit more accurate and people would agree with me a little more? Also the account that I used the hacked client in is an alt (not allowed to witch hunt on the forums).

Why were you checking out features anyway?

realmeye isn’t in game and does nothing for you, you dont need hacks to follow a train around so legends is a joke, and who actually does arena lul

Unreliable guide.

Following these guidelines won’t let you catch all cheaters, nor will there be no chance of false positives.

If someone matches with some of these, it might be worthwhile to put that person on your personal “shady people” list though.

are macros allowed in realm if being used for text prompts and stuff?

As far as I know, yes. I have yet to see Kabam or Deca ban anyone for a macro, even a macro that changes gameplay such as an item swapping macro.

Those exist? I need me one of those.

To make this post.

Where in the ToS is that referenced?

Afaik, they are permitted.

I don’t know exactly where, I would assume it’s where they also talk about other 3rd party software.

Not according to Deca

Kalle used Macros for swapping out equips and that’s in hacked clients and I would consider it an unfair advantage IF damage even mattered these days. He even has a video on how to use the AHK script still on his channel so I would assume macros aren’t bannable unless you’re using them maliciously somehow (dunno how lol.)

Why does anyone? It’s curiosity and it’s in our DNA to see what could be. Now, I hope you realize that if no one did that, especially not anyone that can help improve the game, the game wouldn’t be nearly as good or as optimized as it is today with all the features that, yes past developers and deca, have taken from the hacks people claim to hate so much until it’s actually put into the game by the developers.

You can get into a full realm via /nexustutorial. But you cannot connect to a closed realm. Unless something has changed recently that I’m unaware of.

It used to be possible years ago, (talking approx 2012-13 era), but at sometime an update stopped it, and from that point it only sends you into one of the remaining open realms, or into the nexus if there are none.

So yes, someone nexusing and returning during a closed realm, is a sign of a hacked client/reconnector.

…as I say, unless something has changed to make it possible again. I haven’t actually tested it personally in a long while. Because it was impossible.

An easy way to ID autoaimers is dragging a pirate to the beach spawn, autoaimers will start firing at you and the pirate when it is still beyond max hit distance, and if their aim tracks it precisely as it moves outside their sight+hit range, congrats, You Found A Bad Guy.

Macros are not 3rd party. They are part of the the user’s system. I have read the entirety of the ToS, and there is no mention of macros. And Deca support isn’t representative of the Deca ToS 1:1… Not even official accounts under current or previous owners of the game have made this issue clear. Some have stated the neutral allowance while other accounts of the situation vaguely prohibit it. Deciphering the multiple forum posts across realmeye, reddit, the wild shadow forums, and the kabam forums, (the latter two having less impact due to the change of ownership), I’ve concluded that there exists no definable answer. It’s a moral grey area, depending on the macro and script type. Item switch macro’s have been supported for years, while chat macro’s have been heavily debated by the respective companies. Sometimes the game company thinks that it’s a bannable offense, while other times the same company can renege on their previous stance. Deca has certainly done this in their lifetime. Of course it’s common sense that auto aim macros, and any other hacking type of macros are bannable and not in the moral grey area; however the QoL macros, the type of shortcuts you program into your keyboard or fancy mouse buttons, like using your ability on mouse3, item switching by pressing certain keys, or automatically setting up a trade in usw2, etc. are the matter of debate and discussion I reckon.

I only know how to use Razer Synapse for macros so idk

Is there mention of third party software in general? I would assume it falls under that, which would prohibit software from Razer and Corsair and such, which I think makes up most of the macro usage.

Deca’s the one with the power to ban your account so I would listen to what they say.

I just wanted to share what they said to me directly, talk about it all you want, Deca is still the one with full power over what happens if you do end up using them.

Most likely nothing will happen but they still have full rights to ban your account if they decide they don’t want people using macros.

Omg I thought I was the only one who actual reads that crap. I haven’t done that for realm (yet) but I have for other things.

Context is important, if you’re standing next to Sileeeeex using macros to spam chat you can probably expect a ban.
If you’re in the privacy of your vault using a macro like Kalle had, to move items from inventory into a chest, a ban is… unlikely…

These are probably the two extremes, things inbetween will be the “grey area” that might get a ban, or might not, depending on who sees it/reports it/who receives the report/how they feel that day/whether they’re in angry mood.

If a macro looks like a hacked client there shouldn’t be surprise if someone reports it. Eg if you consistently drink pots from public bags at superhuman speed. (No idea if this type of thing is possible but it’s the type of thing that would probably piss other players off and get a report from someone if they were recording.)

[Edits: added more words]

@Fluffegan You really want to throw this all away? Come on man, you’re better than this.

Just dragged on a whitestar auto-aimer chilling in the beach with an 8/8 trickster, not going to post the name tho, autonexused, feelsgoodman and feelsbadman, sent a report to deca but they r gonna do nothing xd