How To Live With One Vault

Short Story:

I first played rotmg about a year and half ago I stopped playing it till March sense then I have played it on a regular basis. At the start I was asking for donations when ever I died. I have gotten a lot better at the game now to wear I don’t need donations :smile: . Now I can get pots and gear from trading and doing the varies dungeons. Yea I died a couple of times cause of lag and a complained about it but now my advice is own up to the death regardless of the cause and just simply learn from it.

Content:

I have been seeing players in game say I don’t have money so how can I live on 1 vault… This is a method I use and it works for me. So what you do is take 4 of the slots and hunt and find gear for what class you will play one after your death. After you have upper-mid to high tier gear you are set for that. Now you what you do with the other 4 slots this is when it become personal preference I normally keep stuff that will get life pots so I can convert for other pots however I have kept extra rings and swords in those before.

But wait Kastello what if I am new and/or don’t know how the most or some of the game works. For you I would suggest to unlock all 14 classes and spend a good amount of time with each to get a feel for each of the classes but also take note of what classes you like and ones you will play on once in while. After you got that down I would highly suggest you watch rotmg guides ie. @GHZD or @Talwar

Thanks for reading hope it helps some people if you have any questions feel free to pm me in game!

Hi,
One vault veteran here.

So, my suggestion is - you learn to play with a wizard. Like a fresh lvl 20 one. T0 spell, t3-4 robe, t6-7 staff, and no ring (or some crap ring). You can get all this gear by killing a few gods, or by killing UDL creeps.

Then you run a couple of sprite worlds. Learn to be patient and not die in them. Trade 3 dex for def in USW2, and with your first def, buy a para def. your 2nd def gets you a staff (t10+) and your 3rd def a robe. Then you just keep running sprites, till you’ve maxed dex, and then do whatever dungeon you want to farm your def. i prefer doing sprites as they’re a cakewalk on a wizard.

So basically you don’t need to waste 4 vault slots on mid tier shit gear for your next character. After maxing dex and def, you either go for atk, OR you start trading def for life. Use a single mule to store your def, or else manage your single vault smartly. Basically save up 3 Life pots. Then you’re free to fuck off and die whatever crap way you want to. Your next character can insta max def, or atleast drink 24 def pots right iff the bat.

Rinse and repeat.

Oh, and invest all your excess pots once you hit 4/8 on a wiz (i don’t like maxing vit and wis) into your pet.

Pets are the only perma aspect of this perma death game. Be sure to invest in them. Even a maxed rare mheal/heal is going to change your game experience!

I see what you are saying but I was was just simply saying a method to use if you only have 1 char and 1 vault. As far as pets are concerned your statement is very true however I very beginner player should invest in time getting experienced with the game and then go for a pet.

Nah man, I know. Your method is totally valid, and good for a new player to the game.
I just figured I’d lend some advice on how to advance once you’ve got a basic grasp on the mechanics and shit. Being F2P is always a tradeoff as you have to pay with your time and patience, and grind the hell outta the game.

Alternative: Mules + Muledump = Easy :wink:

My brother plays RotMG as well and he uses mules for more space. One mule is equivalent to two vault spaces. I wouldn’t recommend living off one vault space but try to make mules to store potions and other high tier gear.

Use mules for a lot of stuff but eventually i caved and bought vaults because i was getting money for steam anyways and they have been worth buying since now i dont have to decide what uts to keep or drop

This is what most people face. Mules are alright, but it’s such a hassle to login, logout, trade and manage all that crap.

yeah id say if you enjoy playing the game and got the money go ahead and buy vaults its not a bad idea and really helps in the long run @Kastello

First investment should be char slots though. Having a backup 6/8 ready for when you die is such a relief.

I assume you weren’t active for the free vault chest login calendar?

I’m lazy. I’ve missed most good login rewards :frowning:

It was a blessing to get a free vault chest, now i have two, TWO! I also have 3 character slots and use 2 for vault spaces so basically I have 4 chests and 1 char slot.

Might want to max those characters. Makes dying a little less soul-crushing.

I don’t play on them though. However, I do max one of them incase my main dies.

I understand there is that there is alot of ways for people to have alot of storage but my main point of post was to inform new players with a simple method I know this method is not for everyone.

I can do that but like i said just another method that’s all

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.