How to make high-quality dungeon maps using Tiled

Just put them on imgur and link it in this thread.

kk i hope Iā€™m able to that xD i have trouble creating accounts cause i forgot my email password

You donā€™t need an Imgur account to put an image on there.

Thatā€™s awesome, thank you for the tutorial. Iā€™m going to use this for my upcoming Sacrificial Ruins (epic forbidden jungle)

good to know

I just said donā€™t use anything from the draw tool. It adds a shadow over the ā€œspriteā€ to make it look nicer in-game, but that shadow is horrendous on a tesselated map. You end up with these dark stripes all across the map, its not pretty.

Can you use this to make item sprites for ideas? Or just fanart? Iā€™m new. I wanna see how good I am at making sprites. (Most likely sucks)

This is more of a mapping software, Iā€™d use a sprite editor to create item sprites such as the RotMG Draw Tool or Piskel.

Alright thanks :smiley:

Itā€™s hard to decide. Which one do you prefer?

Whatā€™s a 16x16? Is it like Thessal sizeā€¦? Is 8x8 those ST skins? Is 16x8 a weapon or something? If you make it smaller, is that whatā€™s it going to look in game?

I prefer Piskel. It has much more tools and is more advanced and efficient than the draw tool, and you can save your work privately. The RotMG draw tool also has a bug where you canā€™t be logged in to save your work.

16x16 is the size of big enemies and ST skins.

8x8 is the size of items, players, and small enemies.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.