How to make UT items tradeable again

Intro

This isn’t going to be a super long post as this is a very simple idea that would, very effectively, allow for UTs (and other rare items like the Oryx 3 and Lost Halls tops) to be tradeable once again. Without further ado, introducing LIMITED TRADING!!

How It Works

Limited trade items are items that can only be traded once per week (or whatever allotted amount of time deemed necessary by DECA if this idea were to be implemented). The “once per week” aspect of limited trade items is applied to your entire account, in other words, you can only make one trade per week that involves a limited trade item. If you made a trade for a Helm of the Juggernaut today, you would not be able to make another trade that includes a limited trade item for at least 7 days.

Limited trades do not have to be one to one, limited trade item to limited trade item. They can involve items that are currently available via normal trading. Here are some examples of trades that you could do:

You: Helm of the Juggernaut
FOR
Seller: 8 Greater Life

You: Helm of the Juggernaut
FOR
Seller: Orb of Conflict

You: 8 Greater Life
FOR
Seller: Orb of Conflict

All of these trade scenarios would trigger the limited trade cooldown time of 7 days. Whether you are the seller or the buyer of the limited trade item, the cooldown will be triggered.

Above I have shown a simple example just for reference of what an item tagged as a “Limited Trade” item would look like. Instead of displaying “Soulbound” right above the item’s description, it says “Limited Trade” to show that it will have the cooldown time. It might even be worth it for it to have a little extra description underneath the “Limited Trade” text stating “Limited Trade items can only be traded once every 7 days” to avoid confusion with the process of trading these rare items.

How This Combats Duping

This method of trading hard-to-get items directly combats duping by limiting the amount of trade transactions that can occur from one account. By having a 7 day cooldown, this essentially would allow for dupers to sell, at most, one rare item per week, which obviously wouldn’t be very efficient for their business.

Okay, but what if they just trade these items to a bunch of alts and sell them there? Well, the problem with that is that even if they have traded these items to an alt, they still have the 7 day cooldown from their original account from which they obtained (or duplicated) their items before they can make another transaction with another player or another alt.

So does it entirely get rid of duping? Well, no, unfortunately duping will always be an issue, however, this idea severely restricts item duping and would make it nigh-impossible for anyone to efficiently real world trade these items.

Additionally, some rarer items that are currently available such as legacy STs and Deca Rings could have this applied to them retroactively which would almost entirely force real world trade sites to shut down as these items tend to be where they make their big bucks at.

What Can Be Limited Traded?

• Non-vanity UT Items such as Event Whites and Dungeon Whites
  • T13 Weapons
  • T14 Weapons
  • T7 Abilities
  • T14 Armors
  • T15 Armors
  • Legacy STs
  • Ring of Decades

What Can’t Be Limited Traded?

• Wine Cellar Tops and below tiered items (normal traded)
  • Vanity UTs (soulbound)
  • Non-legacy STs (soulbound)
  • Most Consumables (normal traded)
  • Skins (soulbound)

(Probably forgetting some things, but if it’s soulbound now and not on this list, it would most likely stay soulbound. Same goes for things that are tradeable now but not on this list)

In Conclusion

This method would be very effective in combating duping while also allowing items that have not been tradeable for years to return to the market. Additionally, the UT exchange could coexist with this idea as another means of receiving certain rare items. While it’s not my own cup of tea, my hope is that some day trading will return to prominence as another way to play the game.

Question: will one be able to, for instance, trade two limited trade items at once?

I would put like 15 days for trading again a limited item, such a nice idea btw

So, as far as I can tell, this kind of seems to be what DECA is going for with the UT exchange. It’ll allow players to trade multiple UTs for one UT. While I think it would be great to allow for multiple UTs to be traded at once, I think just simply due to their value, maybe leaving it at one per trade might be the best option. Although, I definitely could see this working with multiple UTs per trade. It would really make people think twice before making their once per week UT trade.

Unfortunately, I think this would be less effective than you might expect.

For one thing, dupers and rwters have so many items that they’re spread across tons of accounts, not just one or two (more storage, plus less of a hit when deca inevitably bans a swarm of them), so they wouldn’t really be limited to 1 sale a week - it’d be more like hundreds, with items that can be sold for much more.

As for the point you made here…

This would definitely slow down sales temporarily, but the use of alts to increase sales would still be possible, as long as you duped items on each account (I’m pretty sure rwters without access to dupes would be as limited as the rest of us, but idk if a non-duping rwt site even exists)

process they would use, assuming they start with only one account

Week 1:
Trade 1 jugg from alt1 to alt2
-total accounts involved (aka how many sales you could make the following week if you stopped moving merchandise): 2

Week 2:
Trade 1 jugg from alt1 to alt3
Trade 1 jugg from alt2 to alt4
-total accounts involved: 4

Week 3:
Trade 1 jugg from alt1 to alt5
Trade 1 jugg from alt2 to alt6
Trade 1 jugg from alt3 to alt7
Trade 1 jugg from alt4 to alt8
-Total accounts involved: 8

etc.

A duper can pretty much ramp up their max weekly sales exponentially, so limited trading wouldn’t limit them much at all

If I’m illegally rwting and have 50 accounts filled with the same ut, it will take me 50 customers for your suggested measure to have any effect. By that time, the suggested multiple days delay will not matter anymore.

We’re always running from and trying to find other solutions to the problem but we all have known for years that the only way to fix duping is by implementing permanent item IDs. Or any suitable security whatsoever really.

Would CBow have the same value as Tomb whites? Because OT and Tombs have similar difficulty.

honestly just fully resetting the game would be the best way. honestly the game is so broken i feel like a reset would be nice. keep all the p2w items and pets but other that that reset it all. and ban/famewipe outlaw for boating/hacking ffs. deca knows what he does and he still wont get banned because he has p2w protection

Do you know how many players they would lose if they did a complete reset of the game? This is one of the most insane takes I have ever seen on this forum. Good god, man. They will never reset the game and a full game reset would be a terrible thing for the health of the game.

I like the concept, but I think the simpler iteration is to give the item a small window just after you loot it where it’s tradeable before it gets bound. Very similar to how they do WoW raid loot, but I would let it be globally tradeable.

The biggest issue I see is how long of a window do you make? It needs to be long enough to sell the item, but the longer you make it the easier it’ll be to dupe.

Nah, I’d say a new, reworked version of the game with a full player data import would be better. Might as well just fix the main game.

However everything takes years or forever to get implemented/fixed in ro-tum-gee anyway so I wouldn’t have high hopes of anything major happening.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.