How to Merch!

Every day.

So do I that’s my best server…

so do I…

So am I I’m cheap…

So do I I’m poor

So do some scammers LOL

And yet I’m not a “hardcore” mercher or even a mercher at all for that matter.

What is a pure pot? What is an unpure pot?

If I say I want DEF for a trade that does not mean I will take anything else that may be worth a DEF. Say what you want. People are going to try to trade you for what ever they want to anyways. I will ignore those people right away, you know /ignore “dumass”.

You are missing the key ingredient. [quote=“IAmShurima, post:14, topic:4676”]
Most of what I have gained in-game is from merching (UTs aside)
[/quote]

However tbh I’m sure if you had spent the time merching actually playing the game… you would have more stars, be more skilled, and probably be richer too.

If you want to merch so bad, and you also don’t like people telling you what to do, then why are you commenting your hate on this? If you don’t like it then leave. Why do you have to put down someone else’s idea just because you disagree with it.

This post generally insulted people who merch, a fundamental mechanic of RotMG. If someone disagrees that merchers are idiots for enjoying what they do, then they have all right to do so. This is why criticism even exists. Surrounding yourself with yes men just doesn’t help.

If he disagrees with the OP’s remark, then he is allowed to try to refute it. IAmShurima by all means should and is able to defend himself from an insult.

Now, in the above quote, DreadDrake literally calls people who enjoy trading idiots, and looks down upon it, which shouldn’t be happening. Like you said, everyone should be able to play the game how they want to, as long as it follows the rules.

An analogy to this post would be the following:

You’re in a restaurant, happily munching down your pasta, when someone goes up to you and says, “Wow, you’re eating your pasta with a fork? If you actually enjoy using that then you’re an idiot. It’s an extremely bad way to eat pasta.” Of course, you’ll disagree, as forks are part of the dining tools you are provided with. You are a hardcore fork user, and eat a majority of your food with a fork, but sometimes use other utensils, and know fully well how to use them.

This isn’t a valid argument. In fact, you’re not even touching the argument at all, just saying that he’s wrong by trying to force him out of the equation. It’s flat out Ergo Decedo, therefore it’s invalid.

I concede defeat, well said.

Well. People can’t tell the differences between AsiaSouthEast(ASE) and AsiaEast (AE) and think that ASiaEast is (ASE)

Okay maybe I’m clueless but I am pretty damn certain this isn’t true. I can start a ppe that cost 0 def and end it with over 10 life gained. What can you merch starting with 0 def?

Also besides that point, I still think that’s very incorrect. I don’t think you realize how wealthy a lot of people are. I’m not even that wealthy atm but I am almost positive that [quote=“MrLoaf, post:41, topic:4676”]
in a single day
[/quote]

you can’t get close to 1/10th of the wealth I have achieved [quote=“MrLoaf, post:41, topic:4676”]
in [my] entire realm career.
[/quote]

Give some actual numbers for once and then we’ll see :wink:

That happens all the time and just URRRRRGGRGRG

Because telling people prices is inherently bad for merching. It’s like if someone on TV decided to disclose how much Wal-Mart actually pays for every one of its items. No one would ever want to pay the full price, but they would just say wow, well I know you buy these jeans wholesale for $0.21. I’m not paying $4 for them. Wal-Mart would throw a fit and their business would be in serious trouble. Same concept.

Well I think you’d need at least one wis or something to start merching right lol

Hey, that’s pretty good!

Meh if you’re talking career I’d say more like 50%. If you’re saying at one time then yeah maybe even higher.

I mean yeah you have to start with something that you got from farming. That’s still basically nothing though in the grand scheme of things.

I do what I can.

Yeah probably. Still though. I’d like to see someone actually farm 100L in a day. It would take like 50 tombs at least. Like I said, I’ve never seen or heard of it being done, but I’m sure it’s possible.

yes, people underestimate merching.

but the more you advertise it, the less effective it gets btw.

omg your stories are soooo long… but you can tell when i started merching! thats right! i got my first maxed chars merching!

if you go here:
https://www.realmeye.com/graveyard-of-player/Scorchmist/101?ms=1

you can see i basically die everyday…usually on a 1-4/8.

acutally 34 tombs, probably a lot less, if you got every st there, that would be quite a bit of worth.

that’s assuming you are going 3/3 every time. That doesn’t happen every time.

you wrote “at least”, imma guess that number is actually like 5-10~ b/c if you got all the geb robe/wand and crap.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.