How to prevent against the Corona Virus/COVID-19 by Scorchmist

So I’ve been roasting westerns about how dumb they are towards coronavirus, and then realized many of the information that we get about corona are from China, thus in Chinese, so I’ll tell you more comprehensive measures about how to ward against coronavirus.

Note, some info is not exact and might be a bit off.

1- Drink water, if you drink water (just a sip or two every 10-15 minutes it will wash down the virus and your stomach acid will kill it
2- Coronavirus survives off the cold, going into a sauna once/twice per day helps kill it. If you don’t have a sauna (most likely), use a hairdryer for like a few minutes up your nose and/or mouth. Also can use just boiling water you get from those water boilers, like sniffing in the hotness.
3- Wear a fucking face mask, I know many places are like

oh you don’t need to unless you are constantly in care of those with it.

I’m not a doctor, but my dad is (and the rest of fcking Asia saying so and they’ve basically already stopped the virus), and this is bullshit, when you wear the mask, don’t touch your face to constant fix it, just put it there and leave it. Not wearing it allows particles to easily enter your nose/mouth. I’ve heard recently that it is been noted to be a bit air-born, but this is rather new news and not from a very reliable source.

4- In the morning when you wake up, go to the bathroom or whatever and hold your breath for 10-15seconds (I think that was the time), if you can’t hold that long, you might be infected and it might be damaging your lungs.

5- Take it seriously

“Oh, I’m only 14, I won’t die”

Well, there have been a lot of people younger dying and getting infected, also pretty sure your parents are not fcking 14, if you catch it, and your parents catch it, and unless you hate your parents that much, pretty sure you don’t want to die.

6- The virus slowly dies when just laying on non-alive objects, it takes about a week for it to die on hard surfaces, and a bit less on more flexible surfaces (I think I might be getting them mixed up.

7- Wash your hands, social distancing etc. insert other generic health advice

MY personal measures, I have went shopping once after it really hit Canada, I put all my groceries in one corner, leaving them for a week to not touch, those for the fridge, I removed their excess boxes/bags with gloves, and if they didn’t have that available, I sanitize them all before putting them in the fridge. Wear a fcking face mask already, omg, it’s not like you are gonna suffer so much wearing it for just a bit. Everything that comes into my house, is sanitized thoroughly as the virus could be living on the objects, we are going pretty hardcore into easy gardening like bean sprouts and such.

I might’ve forgotten some, and I would include some sources but they are on my mom’s phone or in Chinese so :man_shrugging:, but don’t be ignorant

And also social distancing: 6 feet apart from others!

jk I added that after, but yeah, mainly wanted to write thing people didn’t know of yet

Me staying home, constantly drinking hot tea, and not getting near anyone with or without the virus

I knew most that but the drinking water and heat thing, guess it’s another excuse to drink even more hot tea!

So apparantly the hairdryer thing and drinking lots of water both are nonsense, as a quick google search would have told you.

Please don’t believe everything you read on facebook or so. Spreading wrong information really doesn’t help.

This is not true, but drinking water is helpful in general. [1]

There is no proof that SARS-CoV-2 will be affected by heat in this way. [2]

While a face mask will indeed reduce the likelihood of virus transmission, don’t be afraid if you can’t obtain any (there are supply shortages). SARS-CoV-2 can aerosolize but outdoors shouldn’t be much of a problem due to the open environment. Just stay out of elevators. Obviously, if you are sick you should wear a face mask, but it’s more important to keep your distance - stay away from coughs and sneezes, (6+ feet) and wash your hands well. This means water as hot as you can stand it and washing with SOAP for 20+ seconds and really scrub too. Soap needs friction to work best.

This is not an accurate way to test if you have Covid-19. Focus on if you are presenting the defined signs / symptoms instead. [3]

SARS-CoV-2 generally isn’t lasting more than three days on anything and, in some cases, lasts much less time. It will last the longest on plastics, however. [4]

If you are interested in learning more about the covid-19 disease you can do so here.

in addition to this, wearing face masks doesn’t really protect you that much, if at all (depending on the mask). the best they can offer is that they make it more difficult (though obviously not impossible) to spread it to someone else if you’ve already got it. with the flu, wearing one of those can be seen as a bit of courtesy for those around you since it’s usually just an annoyance, but in the case of covid-19 if you’ve already contracted it and are showing symptoms you will be taking much more drastic measures anyway to the point where the mask probably won’t matter.

while the holding breath method is foil proof and all, it still provides a much better way than doing nothing

and many things are truly not fully tested and said to be 100% accurate, but most methods here also aren’t proven to be false, it is not like there is any harm in doing so.

while face masks isn’t need as much outside, I think its still worth using as you still walk across people in the streets and such and they can easily cough etc.

also note

but like I said above, no harm in doing practices,
as most of my sources are from china/chinese doctors and most of the people saying those methods are false tend to be european/western sources, and from the situations of each country handling the virus, I frankly put a lot more faith into china’s sources.

Better safe than sorry.

personally think even if the info had a 80% possibility of it being false, it’s still better to share it for the chance that it works as there is no harm in doing so

depends on the advice being given. if it’s something where at worst you only look dumb for a few seconds like holding your breath, then it doesn’t change much. but if it’s something that suggests you use a certain product, particularly one that’s already hard to get a hold of in this kind of situation (like face masks), you start toeing the line of feeding into the panic buying problem we’ve already got going on. telling people to “put on a fucking face mask already” carries a completely different kind of message when being relayed to someone who’s struggling to get them because everyone else was told the same thing and has started hoarding them. it’s especially difficult on the people who actually do need supplies that are being drained because they have legitimate reasons for needing them. it’s that kind of misinformation that fucks over everyone all at once, I mean look at the toilet paper situation: obviously doesn’t mean jack shit when it comes to being prepared for covid-19 but the stores are being bled dry for them anyway.

can’t get coronavirus if you don’t go outside
you can't if you don't Meme Generator - Imgflip

i saw this sentiment from a lot of news sources during feb or so but now they’ve started to admit that it’s at least somewhat useful. i mean if you think about it logically it makes sense…the primary mode of transmission is thru respiratory droplets (i.e. getting coughed on) so having a barrier is helpful. also why else would all the healthcare workers use surgical masks if it didn’t help? though ig that’s a huge concern with hoarding and medical staff not having enough supplies, makes sense not to encourage people to buy

i mean that “don’t buy face masks” addendum at the end still follows the view that the general public shouldn’t wear it but still. similar idea with links below:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30134-X/fulltext

some of the other tips might be kinda iffy but eh, i think 1,3,5,7 are ok to follow. don’t die lol

The main thing you have to remember about masks is that, if you’re not:

-sick with the virus yourself

-living with someone who got the virus

-working in a position where protection is crucial (healthcare, food delivery, cashier at a food store or pharmacy,…)

then you getting masks and gloves isn’t a priority. If there’s a shortage and healthcare workers end up having to work without masks because you decided to hoard a bunch despite not being at risk then congratulations, you just killed a bunch of people.

Also while I’m at it, this is your daily reminder that there is still no confirmed cure or vaccine for COVID-19. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either lying to sell you shit or read shitty medical studies that were rushed against all medical ethics by a bunch of opportunistic attention-whoring asswipes.

If you live with someone who has the virus, you’re already screwed, mask or no mask. The constant exposure would be more than enough to get past the mask, let alone the times when you take it off to eat and drink.

This is actually a concerning problem in my area. I’m not sure if it’s because people are hoarding, but food shortages are common in the supermarkets near my residing location. Stuff like eggs and milk are scarce and oftentimes sold out. My family did make sure to stock up on apples, though. Maybe I can live on those for a month or two. :thinking:

This needs to be the top post…

I’m all for this and agree 100%…what I don’t like however is how mainstream news (and I guess some people still think this) initially discouraged people from purchasing masks by making bullshit claims like they don’t work, “small particles can get through masks hence they’re ineffective” or even increase your risk of infection. Then a month later they’re saying “hey it actually works but you don’t need it” rather than saying that from the get go. Seems rather manipulative to me.

Another great tip is to just follow the directions.

I have a mutual acquaintance who stated in a group chat that only older people would get infected and then ignored the “stay at home/social distancing” thing. Last week, he went to a party and found out the following day that someone there had tested positive for coronavirus (the same age range as him). The hospital turned him away for testing since he didn’t show any symptoms and now he’s telling everyone to wash their hands.

You can if you don’t put down the toilet seat

The most fucked part of this epidemic is how avoidable it was. If the Chinese government had acted as soon as possible instead of trying to cover everything up until it went out of control, there wouldn’t even be a pandemic. If all the other governments had similarly taken the right decisions fast instead of trying too hard to make themselves look like they were in control, things would have gone better.

France was especially appalling, with shit like the president going to a theater with his wife to show us everything was fine and there was no reason to feel concern, only to declare complete confinement mere days later. My favorite dumb thing they did however must be cops being forbidden from wearing masks because, and I shit you not, “it would scare the population”. This was after the country was put on complete lockdown and things had already started to look ugly worldwide.

Fun fact about humanity: the reason why we’ve been around for so long is because immunity to diseases is on a spectrum across all of humanity. Some people have crazy high immunity to the flu, others to cancers, etc… which is why, no matter what happens, there are always enough survivors to keep going.

The other side of the coin, however, is that this also means that you can genetically be much weaker than the norm to a specific disease. You could be royally screwed in case of an epidemic purely because of genetics, regardless of other factors like age or lifestyle choices.

As an example, a 16-year-old girl recently died of the COVID in France and so far it doesn’t appear to have been caused by anything obvious like asthma or other respiratory problems.

No i’m claiming top post , they can have second top :stuck_out_tongue:

Flat out: Spreading misinformation is detrimental to the health of the world population and I urge you to stop if you value that. You may not think there is any harm being done but you’d be mistaken. I literally gave sources that disproved half the stuff you said in your original post. If people took your post at face value, perhaps they would try to hold their breath and fail due to separate issues, and then believe that they are sick with covid-19. Is it fair to put that stress on them? The elderly, who are much less likely to be able to hold their breath that long in general, do not need added stress like that. The detriment of misinformation continues past this one example. You say heat could possibly kill the virus. Now, someone may read that and start using a sauna each day and deciding that they can no longer get sick from the virus. Do you see the issue here as well? Just because something you say does not directly harm someone, doesn’t mean there is no indirect harm.

I ask that you please edit your post to reflect international guidelines on SARS-Cov-19 instead. If you want to roast people or lessen ignorance, it’s best to do so with truth.

Stay safe

EDIT:

That’s the nature of disease on a large scale, the young are extremely unlikely (Read: not invincible) to die from covid-19. The small chance of death will still happen if the numbers of infected are large enough.