How to prevent against the Corona Virus/COVID-19 by Scorchmist

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

why?

@rabcord asked for it

i feel like i need to say something right now.
so, i’m not an expert in any way, and i might be misremembering or forgetting something,
but what i will say is this.

now, i remember that SARS-Cov-2(aka coronavirus or covid19) can cause a lot of problems if one gets infected.

it can get into their lungs and cause lung related problems. but it can also get into their ?stomach? and brain.
the brain related problems range from loss of sense of smell or taste, to things like ?stroke? and confusion

some of the damage might be because of the immune system going on overdrive.
and this confusion is the medical term, for stuff like struggling to move, and memory problems.

anyway, here’s my advice.

• practice good hygiene.(not just washing your hands, but also things like taking a bath or shower.
    and don’t use just water. so anything hygiene related.)
  • stay home if possible.
  • if outside(or near others if they’re infected), stay at least 1.5m(6? feet if you’re american) away from others, who might be infected.
    and wear a face mask to protect not only yourself, but also others.(wear it properly,
    make sure it does it’s job properly. get a reusable one if possible, and maintain it well.)

like i said, i’m not an expert in any way and i might be misremembering or forgetting something.
i just wanted to get this out of the way. if i did forget something, please say so.

i love americans

stopping caring doesn’t mea wearing no masks or anything, i think op means that they just gave up in debates

i’ll wear a mask when i go outside, but beyond that i just dont care anymore

its been going on for like 6 months and absolutely nothing has changed where I live, the numbers fluctuate depending on the day of the week and i still don’t know anyone who has gotten the virus, so why should i care

pardon me, just gonna ask some questions if you don’t mind.
these are in no particular order, and you don’t have to answer them.
anyway, here are the questions.

• where do you live?
  • what is your area’s current situation status?(i mean stats and restrictions here)
  • what do you think about other affected areas?
  • what do you think about your government’s response to the pandemic so far?(idk if there’s a government in your area, i’m just assuming there is.)

that’s all the questions i could think of for now. i might add more later. so anyway, that’s it for now.

:man_facepalming:

Reading this thread killed a few of my brain cells, OP’s text should probably be enhanced with links to actual researches next to his wrong advices (which were already mentioned in replies)

I read that and was like, yeah, wearing masks doesn’t protect you, IT PROTECTS OTHERS, like bruh

Edit: though it’s also important to note that this was in March, back when most people were still making fun of people who were worried about the virus and saying it would pass over in like 2 weeks

The General Chat Thread

Arizona, at the beginning of the virus I was living in California.
4000 infected in my AZ county, about 150 deaths. The county I was living in in CA has 58,000 infections and 1.2k deaths. In CA everything was shut down, no dining in, masks required by, no gatherings of a certain amount, etc. In my AZ city we have masks required and from what I can tell no dining in, I don’t know about gatherings.
I don’t really know or care about other infected areas. All of the rates seem to fluctuate, I stopped looking at them (except to look up the rates for your 2nd question) in April. Apparently republican states had giant outbreaks, but then I read about how CA was hit hard and so was NY was too, so I don’t know what I’m supposed to believe. Now I heard that the CDC lied about their information and their death numbers, so who knows whats true.
I am sick of being forced to eat food at home every time, I just want to go sit down and get some thai food. I don’t really care about masks, I’ll wear them even though I don’t think the cloth masks people wear do as much as people think they do.

The General Chat Thread

I don’t know why this thread was opened.

Wear a mask, wash your hands, keep your distance from others. That’s all you have to do, it’s not complicated. Everything else mentioned here is bogus, as mentioned previously. I see no reason to retread this topic when there’s so little to say about “how to deal with the virus”, and anyone who has a lot to say about is probably giving you bad information because it’s not complicated.

Ty - Shatter