How to re-work ninja properly

give ninja a little bit more def whatever it gonna be a base def or shuriken give a def

it too fragile

thats all

no nonsense and bullshit crap 2 page long paragraph

Why need def and you have its speed and can dodge :thinking:

Already topics made on this:

@moderators merge?

I don’t think it needs more def, it’s already really powerful

The thing is, warrior has it beat in almost every category. They should have put more thought into him before releasing.

More attack, dex, speed, defense, hp/vit, better armor and range is about the same or even better if he uses crystal sword. The only thing warrior lacks is wisdom and mp which are obsolete for him anyways. (Pets)

The only reason I see people playing ninja is for the challenge it provides. It could be a fun class I’m oblivious to, but I have more fun playing ranged classes anyways.

30 def

It may not need more defense to become more powerful, but it is definitely not already really powerful.

The ninja’s current defense is fine. Playing ninja is about dodging shots you can’t tank and knowing which ones you have to eat. Its great control of the speedy effect allows it to dodge very well. It may be shitty at godlands, but in many other dungeons, its piercing effect gives it an edge, especially in newer endgame dungeons where defense doesn’t matter as much and pierce becomes increasingly powerful. All things said, the ninja is not a very good class, outdone in most aspects by other classes and he needs a fairly good pet to play to his maximum potential. IMO, he is the funnest class to play because of his fast shots making aiming easy, his ninja stars adding moderate challenge to aiming for high damage, and his speedy making gameplay feel like a sonic game. Also I’m a weeb and I spent 10L on a death skin and I don’t want it to be wasted on a class I’m never going to play.

I don’t think there are any “bad classes” in the game. Whilst I think it’s a fair argument that the Ninja isn’t as prominent as say the versatile knight, independent rogue or destructively high damage warrior, it certainly isn’t “trash”. This is especially true when you have a couple of ut’s to help with utility like the midnight star and doku.

I think players need to accept that not every class is going to be a “knight”.

I am not entirely against the notion of a small Ninja buff but thematically and gameplay-wise increasing armor is a terrible idea in my opinion. Your post is pointless as many people have already suggested this low effort idea.

Ninja does seem a bit fragile, but, honestly, does he really need more defense? The ninja has several factors going for him already.

1. High mobility - he isn’t forced to eat shots, but, even if he is, 42 defense (max def + hydra) will suffice for it
  2. Piercing - good crowd control and targetting. This targetting is enhanced with his shuriken, which allows him to destroy high-priority enemies easily. With dangerous enemies dead, he won’t need as much defense to survive.
  3. The katana’s range - most people don’t understand just how much space is in 4 tiles. Playing melee classes allows us to get desensitized towards damage, so we often play at ~2 tiles, skewing our vision of the ranges of melee weapons and katanas.

All in all, the ninja is a solid class which doesn’t need to be more tanky. If you compare him to a warrior without accounting for all aspects, you’re just making a flawed argument that is equivalent to saying that a priest sucks in comparison to a paladin because it doesn’t give a damaging boost.

In all seriousness, I get where you’re coming from.
Tons of people find Ninja horrid to play, me excluded.

The best way to give Ninja buff would be to change its max HP from 720 to 740 or 750. It’ll make you a bit tankier, but not too tanky.
If anything, Ninja’s weapons are fine.
Aside from the fact that some people still think that Ninja - Doku = Bad. Stop

well doku is just a swapout if u cant aim properly with masamune. just gets beaten by masamune in 30 def or so.

Ninja is a class made for high mobility and dodging. If you say it’s bad then you’re not playing him right. He’s made to hit and run. His Katana and Shuriken both do insane damage and his speedy gets him in and out of dangerous situations.

Keep ninja the way it is

Its a perfectly balanced class. It sacrifices defense for speed and dexterity, and a huge att pool.

I think its ok the way it is. Some love it, some hate it

If you want to pierce then play bow class

If you want DPS go play warrior

If you want speed or rushing capability go play trix or rogue

Ninja good point?

High mobility? Warrior have that

High DPS? Warrior have that

Piercing? Bow class can pull that off more safely

Ninja isn’t bad for me

It just some class out there can pull out the same amount (or more) of work but more easier

Can you use good grammar please?

also, ninja is fine. I feel the people making these threads need to play ninja more. You can’t just say “Ninja is hard, buff ninja.” You have to get a feel for it.

fine :confused:

i dont speak english too often

Using your logic, one can deduct that every class in this game is bad. Take the wizard, for example:

You want DPS? Go play warrior, he does it more consistently.
You want range? Go play sorcerer, he has more range and can pierce.

Or let’s take the warrior:

You want DPS? Go play wizard, he does it more safely.
You want to rush? Go play trickster, rogue, or knight.
You want high mobility? Go play ninja
You want high defense? Go play knight.

Or let’s take the archer:

You want piercing? Sorcerer can do it more safely.
What about damage? Wizard and warrior can do that better.

If you want to provide information that actually tells you whether or not a class is bad, try to find a class that utterly outperforms the other class. RotMG classes are built in such a way that each one fills one or more niches, so you can always find a way to make a class seem “weak.” Yes, some classes can pull the same amount in certain areas, but they fail in other areas where the ninja is an expert. Bow classes can’t rush tombs as effectively as ninjas. High range classes can’t do abysses as well as ninjas. Low range classes can’t do o2 as effectively as ninjas.

The ninja is a very versatile class. He excels in mainly one area (rushing), is strong in other areas (dps and crowd control), and is average everywhere else. Pulling together random classes and specifying how they function better in certain scenarios is a flawed way to say a class is weak.

every classes has its advantage and disadvantage

I think a very fitting buff would be to increase the max vitality of the class, as well as possibly adding vitality bonuses to untiered katanas. Eventually this would be enough to the point where it would have high sustainability more appropriate for a melee class but it would only be feasible if you are not constantly getting hit. This adds more to the theme of the class in terms of being rewarded for going undetected/dodging attacks well.

Also in response to what Desotroya said about the class dynamics I think that the ninja is more versatile than the knight, who is useful for early and midgame dungeons but not much else. The flaw in the ninja is that it is too spread out and ends up being generally weaker than other classes who are more tied down to a specific set of skills. A buff like the one I described above would help the ninja be more consistent in a certain area like long boss fights or being able to deal damage and recover quickly. There are other suggested changes to the class that are not just related to stats but this is just my take on the subject.