How to re-work ninja properly

Having ran a Ninja mundane has shown me the light, and the advantages, with the class. Does he really need more defense? Maybe the ability usage is a bit of a faff sometimes (not a fan of holding for speedy and using a star every time I release the key). Other than that, katana is quite an underestimated weapon, especially on Ninja. How much of a difference do you suggest? If you want a Ninja with defense, then you may as well peddle the idea that he should wear heavy armor instead of leather, and even then I believe it should incur a penalty to DEX to balance it. As I’ve said in my own thread about a katana wielding armor class, the loss of the armor’s DEX bonus is not enough of a balance because I believe most people would rather have 8 more DEF than 5 more DEX.

You would probably not believe that Ninja is far more viable now that katana range was buffed from 4.2 to 4.75 tiles. It used to be that Doku was far and away the best katana to use. That’s not really so these days. Sure, I’d definitely take a Doku over any tiered katana, but there’s a plus to other katana as well. Masa is only a downgrade from Doku in range, and not even by half a tile. Even if they nerfed Doku more I’d still use it over a tiered katana; its sword counterpart would be the A.S.S, in a way.

I agree wholeheartedly with this idea. Definitely make the HP of the katana class start at 180, average at 655, then cap at 750.

As for a Ninja rework, he doesn’t need one. The class was designed from the outset to be a glass cannon; his equipment emphasizes DPS, speed, and skillful dodging. This is a similar concept to Wizard, a class that while very competitive in DPS against Ninja, his weapon doesn’t pierce, nor does he benefit from slightly better armor. I actually like the idea of classes that do high DPS but have little ability to tank.

If anything should be changed at all, along with the HP buff, I believe the class should have his ATT, DEX, and WIS cap at 75 instead of 70, but even then that’s not absolutely critical. It’d only be a welcomed minor buff to an already effective class. Also because then if Deca decided the new class should also be a katana class but wear armor, then they could give it 75 ATT but 55 DEX. That’s just me being a bit retentive.

Are you serious.

Ninja is already amazing.

You have it imbedded into your mind that ninja is bad.

then why almost to noone play it? i mean main it

How can you say almost no one plays it?
Do you have the demographics for how many ppl play ninja?

The ninja is difficult to use, especially when we’re dealing with classes with forgiving, easy kits (almost every class in this game). Just because something is hard to use doesn’t mean its trash.

@PLEBJESUS if we consider realmeye fame averages as an indicator of how “lively” a class is, the ninja is only better than trickster and mystic.

I don’t understand why there has been people saying Ninja needs reworking lately. It makes no sense. Ninja is great the way it is now.

Stop trying to rework ninja.

If you can’t play ninja how it is right now, you’re probably bad at the game.

How dare you assume my skill?

I don’t really care much about ninja

But how dare you say that i’m bad at the game?

Nah, just kidding lol

that’s a fallacy.

nobody in america supported entering ww2 until pearl harbor. everyone agreed on a policy of non-action. did that make it right for them to wait until millions had already died before entering?

Well-Played. Well-Played…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.