HOW-TO: Reset all settings in RotMG Exalt

Why?

This can help you if

• You broke your Hotkey settings (e.g. Menu on Left Mouse) and can’t fix it in-game
  • The settings you make don’t get applied (I had this issue - my particles settings were simply ignored)
  • You can’t connect, cause your chosen Server is full (fixed according to latest patchnotes)

Keep in mind , that this will reset ALL your settings - Nexus key, chosen Server, Graphics settings.

(You will not get logged out of the launcher, this is stored in a different key)

Option 1 - use a batch script to perform the steps automatically

I made a simple batch script that performs these steps automatically which you can find here:

(In the top right, click on “Download ZIP” to download the file)

Alternatively, get it from Google Drive .

Option 2 - perform all steps manually

• Close the game
  • Open “regedit” (find it via windows Search)
  • Navigate to the following path: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DECA Live Operations GmbH\RotMGExalt
  • Delete the whole key (Folder) “RotMGExalt”
  • Launch the game

Accidentally bound my Left Click to opening Legends

As a precaution (as I’ve been repeating on the Discord as well):

Don’t use regedit unless you’re confident you know what you’re doing with it. It’s pretty easy for someone who’s maybe not super tech-savvy to mess something up accidentally and the ramifications could be severe.

Additionally, I find it interesting that your suggested fix involves deleting all registry keys for Exalt… I mean, sure, that will reset all the settings as needed, and if I were to bet on it I don’t think deleting all registry keys/the whole folder would cause any major issues, but if the “change your best server to fix temporary issue of USS3 being down through regedit” was likened to using a jackhammer to hammer in a nail (I wasn’t clever enough to make this comparison, props to the person who did it on the Discord), this is like… using a rocket launcher to hammer in the nail instead (because honestly, the only thing you would need this for is to fix the admittingly very possible and debilitating issue of accidentally binding options to left click or similar, settings not properly saving would obviously be fixed sometime along the line and are not major issues. fixing binds would be like, changing one registry key)

Yeah I agree! That’s why I made the batch script cause you pretty much can’t break anything by double-clicking a pre-made script. But I know it’s paradox - those with the least knowledge shouldn’t run a random batch script in the first place, without being able to somewhat understand what it does. :wink:

Yeah that is because it’s hard to describe a solution for every use-case so I made this universal “fix” for all similar problems. I obviously don’t know all the possible issues with the game, I only listed the ones that my friends and myself personally encountered as an example. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.