How to stay alive?!

I need help on staying alive. My characters keep on dying all the time. Not one of my characters ever lived longer than a month. Usually about 1-2 days. A week if I’m really lucky. My sorc ppe dropped to red 4-5 times in a tomb, yet he dies in a puppet master’s. I have three character slots, but I play as if I only have one. I keep using one character over and over. Is that the reason why I’m dying? Should I alternate between three classes everyday? Usually when I focus on one character, it’s the only character I play. So is the solution to just play other characters? Dodge better? Have a faster reaction time to Nexus? Make a vow to nexus after I dropped low to a certain amount of HP?

Have one char max another, find a good balance between playing them. Improve your pet, do lots of wcs

Okay. I have 3 slots. Should I have a Priest (For maxing other characters, staying alive), an Assassin (WC), and maybe a Warrior?(Damage, tank class)

Haha I face the same problem. The closest I have come to two maxed characters at once is a 6/8 necro and 6/8 archer. The necro died first while the archer was 3/8 and the archer went on to a 6/8 earth smash death.

This might be a thread that I will return to for tips for quite a while!

In my experience a good guild plays a large part in the survival of your character. I would not have what I have on without my guild comrades standing by me

DEFINITELY priest and war only assassin if you’re willing to max spd and dex

Focus drinking all the pots you get on your main character, and when you’re playing on that char be super trigger happy on the nexus key.

Treat the other two chars as your farmers, don’t invest a lot of pots in getting them equipment, just use what you find (or pay a couple pots for T10/11, T5 ability gear).

Your main char can be anything you like, because it should be dying very rarely, could choose it to match whatever your best UT item is for example if you get a dbow, make your main a bow class.

Then only start drinking pots on your backups once you’ve maxed that stat on your main. This way you can ladder up, with always having a main that’s fully maxed 6/8+, and backups that are somewhere from 0/8 to 6/8. When your backups are maxed in a stat (eg. spds), can sell overflow spares of that pot into buying defs/lifes/investment gear to become a “bank” so that if you have a bad run, you can sell something to get a quick 8 def and your next backup gets a headstart.

To stay alive, don’t play like a retard. Iff you’re sorcerer, stand in the back and dodge the ez bullets.
Play a limited time a day, playing too much a day will definately increase the chance of your character dying.
That’s about it.
Or just buy a divine pet Cx.

As a skrub with 1 slot I die like this. Don’t get too low and not Nexus or pop a pot, you’ll die and you know that but your brain says be a cocky arrogant daredevil and stay. If you hit red and you are at no risk of death, say a tomb and you are in quicksand almost near a pillar to hide behind, you want to pop an hp potion for safety. Something like godlands lowest you should go on ranged is 100 and then you want to pop pots or Nexus. Keep in mind the most damage you can take on that character. At low hp look out for medusa bombs, ghost god shots, or Beholders as all of the shots there deal usually over 100 health if you aren’t playing a melee.

Now melees. As a 0/8 I suggest you play a Knight or Paladin like everyone says. I personally like Knight better as it was easier to solo dungeons and get pots as a 0/8 and I got more pots than I paid gear for in the first day. Just some tips for both the classes, when playing Knight use your shield when you are clearing like 3-4 gods as ittl stun 1-2 gods making it much easier to take them out one at a time. Also don’t be afraid to use it as crowd control on something like UDL slimes.

Paladins are a simpler play style. Whenever you are low pop seal. Whenever you want to engage something like a god pop seal before fighting it. Seals don’t only give a heal they gI’ve a healing over time and damage buff. Even seal paired with an archon can 2-3 shot gods, while healing over time. You don’t have to worry to much about over using the seal as Paladin has a pretty big amount of Wis and maxes at 75. Try not to pop the seal of the effects of healing and damaging haven’t worn off yet.

I got off into a total tangent… Considering you’re a red star and PPEing I’m guessing you know most of it. Either that or you fame trained a lot and have a bad pet.

dont play the game lmao

cant play = wont die l0

The game is about learning which situations are deadly, and which are completely safe. If you died from sitting on bes, don’t sit on bes next time. If you die from getting quieted, avoid quiet next time or nexus if you get quieted. You should also try to prevent slow deaths (where it takes 5 or more seconds to go from full hp to 0). Find a certain hp point where you will nexus. Let’s say this point is 300hp. Whenever you are at 300hp, you will always nexus. Keep changing this hp point until you are comfortable with it.

You are still going to die though but hopefully not as much.

Nexus. ALOT. I had this problem until about 2 weeks ago, I started playing as safe as humanly possible, I got 2 6/8s, used them to max and save pots, they ended up dying, but I used the pots I saved to max another character now I have 2 8/8s.

My pet is bad, and I’ve been in the train only about 2- times. I got about 2-3 of my stars from trains. Rest are from playing naturally. At least my pet gives HP and MP. Also, thanks for your advice :smiley:

nexus if anything looks wrong. aka when you are surrounded by fire mages and fire portals (rip me)

git gud

Hm, I have some interesting UTs. I got 2 EPs, one Doku, a bulwark, and a planewalker. I have no experience with a ninja. Also, doku was my first white. It’s too precious… I don’t know any uses for EP and bulwark, so I guess rogue should be my main?

Tis a brave player who mains a rogue!

They are pretty much disposable in my book because of the nature of rogueing meaning instarip if you make an error on the cloaking.

But yep v fun to play and definitely at their best when you are 6/8+ so a good class to max in the vault before going out - just don’t expect to live forever. :grin:

be a rogue main
im one and ive never looked back

Or buy a max legendary and make a priest and u won’t die unless u get killed by pet stasis just like btel

Keep dying.
You will learn with each death
Then you won’t make as much mistakes.