How to stop my computer from committing partial neck rope

OK, so I have this problem where my CPU decides to commit the big die and drop to 998 MHz instead of staying at 1796MHz (where it usually stays at). This is really annoying when playing rotmg because my frames automatically drop to half.

Temps are between 70-90 degrees celsius.

I use an ASUS Vivobook X202E, and I have installed thermal pads inside the computer. Will repasting be necessary?

Despite the rather comical nature of the title and first few sentences, this is a serious request.

Probably a form of thermal throttling occurring

You’re probably right, lmao

Would repasting be necessary?

Fry an egg

I guess not realy, you can however use one of these things:

They are simply called “Laptop cooler”

Already have one going xD

try checking what you have installed and what’s running, checking your GForce stuff is really useful as well. I recommend removing/changing settings since that can be bottle necking your stuff.

Im not a professional so if your thing bricks I wont give a refund :ok_hand: :joy: :gun:

I’m not really a professional but if we think the temperature is the problem have you checked to see if the fans are blocked? (with dust)

Simply reposting will not make the desired change. Realm hardly uses your cpu’s capacity so I’d check fans and all are cleaned out etc as that’s generally the issue

Nah, it generally doesnt throttle for realm. It throttles for other things, but realm is rarely the culprit.

Fans are indeed cleaned out, and I’m using a cooling pad too. This is probably r/crappydesign

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.