How well can my laptop run high level dungeons?

I’ve recently decided to start playing again in wake of MOTMG starting, wondering how well my laptop can run shatts and lh

specs:

Macbook lol

Can we get some fs for this man

Nobody would know that better than you. Just try it out and see.

I have a shitty laptop and out of all the LH’s I’ve done I only DC’d once. So you should be good.

I have a very similar macbook and can run large lost halls at 30 frames or better almost all the time, so you should be fine.

Your numbers seem alright, however, with Realm, the only way to know is to try it out yourself.

42%20PM

I have seen your specifications and have come to a conclusion.

It is rather unfortunate that you chose to buy an 2017 Apple MacBook Pro 13 inch.

With your 2C/4T Core i5, Iris Plus 640 (With 1536 MB reserved nonetheless) as well as 8GB DDR3 @ 2133MHz, I believe that you could run bootcamp Windows and run RoTMG at minimum settings every dungeon, no problem.

While it is a bit unfortunate that you spent >$1k on a mac, the situation is still… salvageable.

@Princemth also what is that startup disk drive xd

idk why its just a slash. supposed to be bootcamp.

Ah I see

yeah i already knew that macs aren’t the best for gaming, i use it for mainly coding and programming

Not sure why you’re getting clowned for the macbook. They’re incredible for programming and browsing. I would never buy another windows laptop again, regardless of how well they can “game.” Too many issues with them.

The problem:

1. They are weak and underpowered for their price.

2. Repair facilities are effectively monopolized. (For windows laptops, you can get them repaired yourself or at another place; but with macs; you need to go to a AARP or Apple itself; and they charge ridiculous prices.)

3. You are supporting a business that has shady tactics at best and is anti-consumer at worst.

4. Windows laptops are simply the better option (price/performance); also; if you are programming shouldn’t you create the code on the platform that most people will view the code on?

its macbook so not too high fps

Mac is not made for gaming but your mac spec is far superior than mine window which can run the game prett smoothly so…

just tried out a lh with around 80 people, ran well at around 30 fps

I do not support the way Apple conducts business, but I do believe that they push out the best products for their targeted use. Macs aren’t built for gaming the same way iPhones aren’t meant to be open source, alterable devices. They are what they are.

Even if Apple’s tactics are shady, you must agree that they push out damn good products. Otherwise people wouldn’t use them to the degree that they do. Again, I would never buy another windows laptop simply because they do not last. I would rather game on a desktop anyway; gaming on a laptop is like using an abacus instead of a calculator.

Also, that depends what kind of code you’re writing. I don’t know many developers who use windows over linux/OSX. Perhaps I am biased because I prefer linux, but I’d say a unix base is definitely the way to go when developing.

turn all the particles but those of yourself off in experimental tab, run the game in flashprojector and on low quality and you should have no problems

apple products are fit for their purpose, easy to use and accessible if you want more out of it that is where the real trouble starts. The counter part is linux and somewhere inbetween is microsoft with windows.

fun fact microsoft and apple have a bunch of common shareholders.

why do most applications run very well on apple; basicly apple has no drivers apple is not only an os provider but also makes its hardware so they can skip all those annoying drivers and their overhead

This laptop that I am playing on would attest to your statement. And I am one of the clumsiest people that I know. I had a school laptop that was made of cheap f*ccing plastic that was dropped from 3ft and only got off with a chip. Where is your evidence, whether anecdotal or statistical, that windows laptops do not last? (Also; do not argue that windows laptops last shorter than macs. You said that windows laptops do not last, period.)

No. I will not agree. The new 15" flagship macbook pro has a 6 core i9 with a Radeon 560X that had throttling issues upon release (Credit due to apple for fixing this) for $7000 dollars.

According to Notebookcheck.com; the Radeon 560X found in the Macbook pro 15" is slightly slower than a laptop GTX 1050. The Core i9-8950HK in the macbook pro 15" has a CPUmark score of 14732.

A Dell XPS 15 9570 has a Core i7-8750H with a GTX 1050Ti.The Core i7-8750H has a CPUmark score of 12579 (85% of the i9-8950HK); and the GTX 1050Ti is about 18% faster than the RX 560 (which is very similar to the RX 560X laptop chip).

So, you are trading 15% CPU power for 18% GPU power. And the best part? The XPS 15 9570 is $1799 right now. The XPS 15 9570 is approximately 25.7% of the cost of the top spec 15" MBP.

Build quality is better on the mac side. OS is arguable as well. Keyboard is a point of contention. Screen is also debateable; but personally I’d take a 4K touchscreen to the non-4K non touchscreen the MBP has.

Security is most certainly better on the MBP; with the T2 security chip and a much less popular OS; there will be less hackers and they will be less efficient. Same reason why blackberry is “more secure”.

Also, according to Macworld UK:

“It appears that in redesigning the internals of the 2018 MacBook Pro, Apple has removed a data recovery port - probably for security reasons. If a 2018 MacBook Pro user was to experience logic board failure they would be unable to recover data from their SSD. This is because Apple has removed a data recover connector that could be used to salvage data from the SSD in the event of a failed logic board.
iFixIt found this connector to be missing from both 13in and 15in models when they performed their teardown of the 2018 MacBook Pro.”

So; you lose all your data if your SSD fails; OOF.

Also, Apple has been getting broadsided from techtubers due to their focus on thin, light and silent laptop.

Look on youtube; and take a look at some of the reviews.