How well can my laptop run high level dungeons?

my question is why are u using a laptop there are things called desktops

Some people need to use laptops, and they also cannot afford desktops.
One example: students in college

Boii do you even understand how coding works, the platform doesn’t matter for coding, and Apple is much more ergonomic for a lot of coders, that being said, most die hard coders use Linux anyways.

Yes, I am a bit of an amateur at coding. However, my current example (Game design/development) is done on windows because most gamers are on windows. If platform truly did not matter; why would they be on windows and not on linux?

Like I said, I’m a bit of an amateur. Feel free to educate me, as long as it’s done civilly.

Hey, fair enough.

I’m sorry, but this is false, most game design is not done on Windows simply because ‘most gamers are on Windows’.

In the case of game design/dev, what the coders/designers want is maximized workflow. Mac OS is highly optimized for ease of workflow which is why if you go into a design studio or anything in the creative field, you’ll notice that most people are running Mac OS. FOr example, my local University has a computer lab devoted to software dev and all of the computers inn it run Mac OS, and if there is a program they can’t run because it is 64-bit they just run it on a virtual-box or use bootcamp.

Have you noticed that when you use a mac, everything is where it should be and is always within a couple clicks? That is workflow for you.

The reason why gamers tend to use Windows OS for gaming is that gamers are looking for a PC that they can get high quality performance on with the additional benefit of customization. Most computers that come with Windows are relatively simple compared to the compactness of a Mac. Say you buy an Acer PC, everything is (relatively) easy to change and adjust to get insane performance. Good luck doing that on a Mac.

As for why Hardcore coders would do coding on a platform such as Linux, that is because while although Linux has terrible workflow, it has support to run pretty much any file, is easy to customize and play around with.

I hope this helps.

i can attest to this, but hardcore isn’t really a way to describe it. lots of software engineers, such as those who work at intel, use both linux and mac in work, and i rarely ever see people use windows in a professional environment. even in my summer internship at a small software firm, i rarely ever saw windows, yet the skill level of the people there ranged from fellow interns, like me, to people with phds in cs

that’s not really how it works. cross-compatibility isn’t really that hard, especially when most languages common in game programming are also supported by both mac and windows. the only differences are in the file extensions, which is completely outside of coding, and more of how the data is stored. if you were to assert that gamers, not coders, do not use mac because the dominant os in the market is windows and by extension the dominant file formatis the windows executable, you’d be correct - or you could go with lifaen’s explanation, i don’t think either of them is incorrect.

i personally have used all three os’ - mac, windows, linux - for coding and can say that mac is very nice in organization and the virtual workspace. otherwise there’s not really a difference in how the code is programmed - the only real difference were os-specific functions specific to the terminal, which i barely ever used. of course, i haven’t worked with graphics too much, but i’ve been working on a game with a partner who runs windows, and we haven’t run into any issues over the past few months concerning the os we used.

i keep trying to use mac-specific stuff (like the trackpad to zoom out the desktop) in bootcamp and it’s really annoying because now i actually have to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen to click on the tab i want to navigate to. the multiple desktops feature is super nice too.

also one last thing - mac’s trackpad and the drivers that support it are top-notch. it’s very comfortable to scroll up and down while typing and not even having to move my hand away from the keyboard.

Macbook trackpads are top notch; all the reviewers do agree about that.

These are my specs. I play on LH discord. On lost halls discord(the one NOT owned by madpeach), there are always 120+ mans lh’s. With my specs, even when making my game look the best, with particles effect and particles on, projectiles on, all chat features on, shadows on, and all that eye candy enabled, i still get 60+ fps in 120+ man lhs. I also get 60+ fps even in uswest2 trading.(Note: my computer used to be office computer((0 lag fr me all the time, even in motmg).) So i think u should be perfectly ok. Just turn off eye candy and projectiles and all that stuff.

And macs are good. Come on, my dad’s office let my dad have it since my dad dropped it on concrete bu accident and it cracked. But it still rivals top notch gaming computers. So, macs are very durable. My mac also has lasted 5 years bois. And its in perfect condition. I never had have any virus cause im careful, and never had to go to apple store.

Tim Cook also isnt a bad guy. He actually supports privacy , @TROLLDLLR, not trying to target u. Also not tryin to flex, or why would i say i play on old mac? Flexing is only for RiceGum and @Doc lol.

Getting out of topic here, the main point is youll be fine @AnkitRoy

Edit: Bout trackpads, i play on mouse.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.