Huge Giveaway (ESSAY!). READ MY LATEST POST

The only GaOD I’d worship

took out my name here
Period 2
1/8/2018
AP English Literature

Throughout the play Hamlet, Prince Hamlet is seen as a figure going through immense tragic events from the beginning and all the way to the brutal end. Shakespeare has made a character that we can all sympathize with because of his difficult trials and enemy confrontations, lack of people that he can trust, and a portrayal of traits that we all think of as ideal, such as selflessness and intellect, juxtaposed with failures of his judgement or position and character flaws.
Hamlet earns sympathy from audiences because of the difficulty of the actions he has to take, and the consequences that he bears, throughout the play. One example of a difficult action that he takes is to feign madness in front of the whole court, people that he has known his entire life. If his revenge on Claudius worked and he had lived, he could have been ruled unfit for the throne because people didn’t believe that he was faking his madness. This shows his ultimate commitment to his father, even through his father’s death, because he makes a decision that has the consequence of other people’s respect. Because the audience knows that Hamlet is faking his madness, however, their sympathy is drawn out instead of the pity and perhaps revulsion that the other characters feel for Hamlet. The audience instinctively feels as if they are on Hamlet’s side in this conflict, because they are in on his secret. Another difficult action Hamlet is faced with is murder of a king. From a lawful standpoint, In Denmark in the days of Hamlet, “Manslaughter (a sudden killing driven by “the heat of the blood kindled by ire,”) was punished by imprisonment for up to a year and branding of the thumb” (Regnier). This course of action runs the risk for him of a fine or imprisonment, at the least, once he has committed the deed of killing Claudius, because Hamlet does not have proof that Claudius was the one who murdered the previous King Hamlet. He was not just risking his social image for honor and justice, but he was risking his freedom. The audience cannot help but have sympathy for Hamlet, because he is utterly committed to his task of obedience to his father and the law.
Another feature that inspires sympathy are Hamlet’s interactions with other people, both good and bad. At the very beginning, we get to see Hamlet interacting with the guards as a prince mourning his king, and as a son mourning his father. He is very kind to them, and the audience can tell that he regards them as equals in part due to his education at Wittenberg, where he was education in humanist ways. We can contrast how Hamlet speaks to the guards with the later scene of him and Polonius, where he is talking to a man who is pandering to his ultimate enemy, Claudius, and yet he has to stay somewhat civilized, not crossing too far into feigned madness. Hamlet says to Polonius, “You cannot sir take from me anything that I will more willingly part withal- except my life, except my life, except my life.” (Shakespeare, Act 2 Scene 2). In this conversation, Hamlet can be honest to a fault, since he is in the grip of madness in others eyes. Hamlet, here, is showing how he doesn’t have anything worth living for, especially other people. Polonius had earlier instructed Ophelia to stop courting Hamlet, who genuinely loved her. Ophelia, however, did not love him back enough to defy her father, and she left him. Shakespeare uses this to ensure sympathy for Hamlet, by giving the audience Hamlet’s broken heart, something that the majority could relate to or imagine. This contributes to the meaning of the play by fixing the audience firmly on Hamlet’s side, so that the anti heroes stand out more.
Shakespeare makes Hamlet likable to the audience, as well as relatable. Hamlet is very clever, having attended university in Germany, and having a naturally quick tongue. An example of Hamlet’s cleverness is shown in his separate conversations with his mother and Polonius. To his mother when she says “Hamlet, thou hast thy father much offended”, he is quick with a potently truthful statement that mimics his mother’s, “Mother, you have my father much offended” (Shakespeare, Act 3 Scene 4). This endears the audience to Hamlet, who in Elizabethan times would have an appreciation for clever wordplay. Hamlet also shows virtues such as commitment, honor and selflessness that are valued so much in society. Hamlet is committed to the task his father gave him to avenge his death, and the entire play revolves around this goal. His honor is prevalent throughout, by his bearing and being raised as royalty, as well as through his deeds, as his reluctance to murder Claudius when he gets the chance. This makes the audience feel in Hamlet’s shoes even more, by giving him a flaw with a virtue. Hamlet is also very selfless, which is a trait that makes him very deserving of the audience’s sympathy. This contributes to the play through making Hamlet follow his father’s commands, which gives him a purpose in life besides wallowing in depression, which is another flaw that he has. But by pushing through his depression, Hamlet becomes stronger than his weakness, which makes him a hero to the audience and drives him to finally be able to complete his task, giving the selfless sacrifice of his life.
Ultimately, Hamlet is the hero of the play who the audience relates to and cheers for because of his virtues and flaws which give him a background deeper than most characters, his trials that he goes through, and everything that he does with the people around him. This gives the play it’s driving force, and clearly sets the many sides of conflict into motion that culminates in the death of Hamlet, who resolved so many problems through ultimate selflessness and determination.

Bibliography
https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/analytical-essay-outline/. Accessed 10 Jan. 2018
Smith, Nicole. “Shakespeare’s Hamlet as a Tragic Hero.” Article Myriad, www.articlemyriad.com/shakespeares-hamlet-tragic-hero/. Accessed 10 Jan. 2018.
Shakespeare, William. Hamlet. 1599. Print.
https://www.playshakespeare.com/hamlet/characters. Accessed 10 Jan. 2018.
Berman, Emanuel. Essential Papers on Literature and Psychoanalysis. New York, New York University Press, 1993. Google Scholar. Accessed 10 Jan. 2018.
Regnier, Thomas. The Law in Hamlet: Death, Property, and the Pursuit of Justice. https://shakespeareoxfordfellowship.org. Accessed 11 Jan. 2018.

Here you go

click

When i was younger and i lived in the country side. One day i was hanging out with my cousin and we found a little bird fallen out of its nest. We called my dad to take the ladder to put it back in and he did so. But the birds mother rejected him again. So we took him under our wing (no pun intended) and we fed him mosquitoes, flies and all the other things birds eat. We fed him every day about 10+ times per day. Then one day when he was ready to fly we let him try and practice flying. He did well. The next day he did better. He allways came back to us. But one day. It was dark and cloudy. We let him fly and he did so. Then a storm came and he never came back. We looked for him for several days. But never found him. He must have been blown by the wind in-to some obstacle and died.Or maybe a hawk snached him. I still feel bad to this day. One day i told this to my class and i broke down crying. It was a sad day… :frowning: I really feel bad for leting the poor little bird die… (this is a true story. Dont bully me for crying over a bird. It realy hurts because we helped the bird grow up for 2 months or so.)

Same deal is happening on your post @SwaggenWag, the forum is converting the blankspace indents into “formatting” making it look weird, you can edit and…

Essay, not a story lol

makes barely any sense

I just turned in 4000 cookies (3rd post I have made like this)

He said to make something emotional… So i wrote a story of when i was younger…

你自己写的吗?

How is my thing spam? IT WAS MY ENTREE

cookies aren’t entree’s, they are desserts.

Title should be (Poorly Disguised Attempt at Cheating Procrastinated Homework)

Ugh, I’m sorry. Read all my posts and you may understand.

don’t argue?

i would do this but finals are coming up and i dont have time…

It is no secret that today’s workforce no longer consists entirely of people. Rather, machines are being developed to complete many of the tasks which humans have traditionally done. This can greatly increase productivity and efficiency of simple, repetitive tasks. Many people view this as a great positive and point out that it leads to a more uniform and less expensive product which is better for everyone. However, some people are more wary of this popular trend of automating the workforce and question whether this progress is truly positive. Their concerns, though, are outweighed by the benefits these machines offer.

It is the popular view among companies which are moving toward automation that robots can do many tasks better than humans. For example, in the automotive industry, most of a car’s individual components are manufactured by pre-programmed robots which have much greater and more precise output than would be possible for a human. In addition, robots cut down the cost of production by a considerable amount. If a company hires an employee to complete a simple task for $50,000 per year but could instead buy a machine for a one time purchase of $30,000, it is far more cost effective to buy the machine. Lower cost of production means that the goods produced can now be sold at a lower price point which passes the savings on to the consumer. Companies producing goods rightly contend that the use of machines to complete low-skill jobs has only positive impact for everyone.

Beyond these benefits for industry, some believe that machines will shape the future for the human race. Innovation and invention of new more intelligent machines can push us as humans toward new, unimagined possibilities. For example, before the first airplane was invented, people could only dream of human flight, but at the moment of takeoff, a whole new world of unimaginable possibilities was suddenly within our grasp. Through even just that one invention, an entire multi-billion dollar a year industry was born, and our lives improved and advanced in a multitude of ways. Who can know what great advancements may be brought about by a more intelligent machine than what we possess today? The possibilities are endless.

There are those who are less enthusiastic about all this progress and advancement. They argue that by not having to interact with fellow humans, we no longer are required to be courteous and have tolerance for others. While this may be true, this is a minor cost for a major increase in efficiency. Take the example of self checkout systems in grocery stores. Self checkout permits consumers to procure their goods and get out of the store quickly. This might seem like a small time-saver, but considering how often this experience is repeated reveals a cumulative effect. Across time, consumers end up saving hours, which improves the efficiency of their daily lives, allowing them to spend time on things that are of greater interest and meaning to them.

Whether humans like it or not, machines are becoming more and popular in the workplace and are decreasing the need for humans to work those jobs. This can lead to advancement of society, a greater end product or service, and even a lower consumer cost of goods. Many people are frightened of change, but unfortunately for them, the past is gone and now we must look to the future.

Advances in technology have become so widely accepted in today’s culture that very few people are willing to pause to consider the consequences. People get so excited about what new technologies can offer that they forget to question whether there might be any negative effects. Without caution and deliberation, replacing the natural with the mechanical would undoubtedly be disastrous.

The economic implications of the potential mechanical takeover alone should be enough to dissuade anyone from moving too fast. In the event the robots are more widely used in the workplace, humans would surely be replaced. At first, businesses would benefit from the efficiency of robots, but eventually a depressed job market would lead to a population that struggles just to feed themselves and their families, let alone purchase the products these robots make. In the long run, society will suffer if it does not take care to prevent the economic consequences of giving everything over to machines.

Our careless use of automation has already taken a toll on our culture. People have been interacting with automation in nearly every aspect of their lives, whether it be shopping, banking, or the use of a telephone. The effect of this is obvious: basic respect for our fellow man is all but absent today because of increased interaction with automation. Why treat a machine with kindness? It suffers no emotional or psychological damage. In a culture saturated with automation, we get used to treating machines rudely, and we begin to treat each other rudely. This of course leads to all sorts of issues, like intolerance and incivility, and in the long run, results in the complete degradation of culture.

Even in the face of these obstacles, some people argue that the increasing intelligence of today’s machines is a good thing. After all, machine power can decrease the human workload. Computer processors double in power and ability every year. Computers are projected to reach human intelligence by as soon as 2025. The implications of this shift are unknown, but one thing is for certain. We are moving into this change too fast to anticipate and prevent damage to the human species. We are approaching this change too quickly for any sort of safety net to be built. Because of this, it is important that we as a species slow down our technological development so that we might consider all the implications of a change this big. We must figure out how to handle negative societal and cultural consequences before we embrace total integration of automated, intelligent machines.

Decreasing the speed with which we incorporate mechanical influence is important because of the potential dangers that lurk in blind acceptance. Not only does the preference of the mechanical over the natural interfere with the job market and the economy, but its use also has the potential to seriously degrade our culture as a whole. In combination with the uncertainty surrounding the increasing intelligence of machines, it is most assuredly better for the human species that technological progress be slowed so that we can, if necessary, prevent additional damage.

A little somethin’ I wrote for my ACT essay way back when.

Just copy and paste an old essay that you wrote for school.

It was a cold spring morning. April twenty-third, twenty eighteen.

Just came back from the war and found out my fiance had already left. It’s been hard, and without anyone to love, it’s like everything in life is against you. It was sort of like a dream: surreal, separate from reality, and not easy to think about. I walk along the cold pavement, almost as if I was sleepwalking. I go to the mall, not sure where I should be going. In my stupor, I enter a cafe and sit down, not quite sure where I am.

That’s when I come to my senses. I’m sitting at a table. A black one, one with a cookie jar on top, along with some napkins. Out of the corner of my eye, I see her.

Well, at least I see the back of her. Blonde hair. Blue eyes, probably. All the blondies have blue eyes. I don’t seen her face, but it was still an electrifying feeling - almost as if it was fate that brought us together.

If beauty could kill, I’d be in the 6th layer of hell - that’s the kind of impression I’m getting. I know she can sense me looking at her. I get out of my seat and walk to her as if I was in a trance.

She slowly turns, and I freeze. Was it anticipation or was it fear?

The blond youth winks. He asks me: “Now what might be your business here?” It was Trofimowen. It’s almost like a bad dream. My eyes cloud up. I can feel tears welling up in my eyes as my starved heart forces my body back to my seat. In my daze, I mindlessly order a coffee. It’s hot and bitter, so I open the cookie jar and take a cookie.

My :cookie:

wrote this on the keep the cookie thread lmao

My Essay

Kermit the Frog