Hydromage, the Fourth Healing Class with an all-rounder Twist!

I would say priest but since the heals aren’t instantaneous one after the other, I would say Paladin.

Paladins can actually heal more than this class too (because of the new +HP mechanic added to them) which is why I stick to Assassin+Paladin+Necromancer.

Yep, I saw it too. Could’ve done better but I decided not to be all artsy just yet.

Spawning a trap-like zone with particles would be okay with me, as long as particles remain inside the zone to distinguish it from a normal trap.

I like your idea of key-pressing for a healing ability. My only issue is that it would allow this class to “Tank” kinda.

Unless Quieted or Pet-Stasised, this class would be running around godlands healing up a storm that it already does.

Your idea isn’t ruled out though. Things are subject to change here.

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting idea. I like the idea of positioning, but I feel like you have to choose to either do damage or to heal people. Being the greedy player that I am, I would probably just use the ability to damage to enemies instead of actually trying to think about where a good place to throw it to heal people would be. This is kind of like how I just use my mystic orbs for the berserk and curse more than I actually use it to stasis (yes ofc sometimes you stasis to save people or to troll, but mostly, I just use it for the dps boost).

Hey, thanks for the input.

Yes, you do need to make the choice of damaging or healing people quite a lot.

This is because this class requires tradeoffs so people won’t look at it as “Overpowered”.

I guess I’m doing a good job because I haven’t gotten any backlash over my choices yet :slight_smile:

Since this is a Robe class, it’s going to have a lot of mana in the long run. Hydromages can’t stack their own puddles (for obvious reasons), so people can’t just spam spacebar on boss all the time.

That’s why Ocean’s Tears was created; to bring out the “support” in people!

I really like this, but what if you place it in front of a god wall in the train? Is it 50 hp per enemy? cuz if 20 enemies are in that small puddle you have almost invincibility

It damages the enemy, and heals you independently, not depending on number of enemies hit.

If you’re in range, you get heals. If not, no heals.

This.

Ultimately, this class would only be capable of killing 1-3 enemies in a god wall (unless using Lavapeak, as that is built to kill).

The ticks are so low that gods darting past them wouldn’t really take damage. Other classes would need to be present (sorc, archer, huntress) to keep them in place long enough.

This class feeds off synergy.

If you know the enemy behavior, you can also control them to where you want them. Most enemies has a preferred range from nearest player, so you can kinda 'nuuudge them there. Just like how I play my assassin! :smiley:
Circling also works.

You see the strategy with this class? So good.

Another good point.

The puddles also last long enough for you to handle other enemies while the unlucky ones drown in a tiny puddle.

It’s a game changer versus O1 and O2 because of Oryx’s preference to stay in one spot for fights.

Abyss of Demons? Self-Cast a puddle and now Brutes melt in your territory!

Yes, I know you said not to say anything about your sprites, but the vials look more like oval bubbles than glass containers. I redid your t0 one to see how a vial might look, and you can use it if you want. I just did this out of curiosity. Sorry if it doesn’t have that nice black shading, I didn’t use the RotMG Pixel Maker.

Love it the idea, finally a class with a lot of depth to it. Would use 100%. My only complaints are about the sprites for the abilities, the low tiers look “eh”. Otherwise though, 10/10

I know what you mean though. I would try harder if it made a difference, ya know? :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.