Hyper Light Drifter (concept sprites)

I just decided that I’d sprite some items for a ninja set themed after the Drifter in the game Hyper Light Drifter. If you don’t know what the game is, you should totally check it out. The art is beautiful and the difficulty level is Rotmg at level 17/Dark Souls.
Anyways, here are the sprites.
(by the way, I know this isn’t a complete idea, but I didn’t know where else to put this topic, sorry)

Hyper Light Katana

Worked on this for a while, I kinda like it :stuck_out_tongue:

Hyper Light Shuriken

"A seemingly harmless metal disc that explodes with phase shifted light once thrown"

Drifter’s Cloak V1.0
(this one is a little rough, but I feel it captures the look of the drifter’s cape better than the second one)

“A bloodstained cloak. You feel as if it is eating at your heart when you wear it.”

Drifter’s Cape

Looks like the summer solstice robe, and a little more slick than the first version, in my opinion.

The Drifter
(this isn’t a complete spriteset. I haven’t made the other perspectives, but I’m really really happy about how this turned out)

Stand

Walk 1 and 2

Attack 1 and 2

Anyways, those are some of the sprites I’ve been working on.
If you want to see the animations and the sprites don’t do it for you, check out my designs on Rotmg Draw Tool. Just use the tags hyper,light,drifter and it’ll show up. Anyways anyways anyways, thanks for checking out my stuff! :^)

Moving to #community-hub:art

It would be better if you screenshotted the preview on the side of the Draw Tool grid. It’s currently very difficult to tell what’s going on in the Drifter sprite.

Will do :stuck_out_tongue:

The thing is, I don’t mind it, but other people could get a little ticked off that you are basing it off of a different video game. I like the concept, sprites, and other things, but just uncomplete.

I’m not claiming to have designed it, I just enjoy spriting things. I didn’t intend for this to be complete, I’m too lazy to put the work in to create an entire set and stats for the set :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.