I found a new form of Scam-hacking

Dude, the SAME exact thing happened to me the other day! This dude offered me a Life pot for my Mantle Of Skuld, and it WAS highlighted! But when we both clicked accept, my Mantle was gone and I had NO Life pot! It is some sort of hack where they can deselect their item with NO cooldown, and click accept before you have a chance to notice! ANYONE who thinks this is fake can ask Beige! YES! That’s right! @Beige the Sprite artist! @Beige can attest to this FACT! I was talking with him in ASE Nexus the very day that the Summer Nexus was launched, and he confirmed it! I know he remembers me because my priest sold him a Spd pot for a Dex pot!

There’s been no cool down deselect forever. That’s not what op is saying

Ask @Beige if you don’t believe me. He can confirm every word of what I’m saying man.

Yeah you’re talking about no cool down deselect. We’ve known of this

But @Thedrdu is right! Your new profile picture IS glorious! :slight_smile:

No, I’m talking about the hack that this post is talking about! @Beige knows about it! He told me that he has seen it!

Do you remember the scammer’s name?

Is this what happened to you? @IceWhirl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5BAuU07BsE
Says it only works on people with hacked clients…

Busted?

Yeah, this has been around forever, too. If you use a hacked client that allows you to bypass the trade timer, another person can use a client that deselects and trades immediately, and your client will simply accept and -poof-, you’ve been “scammed”.

I have never seen someone who was using the “official” client get deselect scammed by any method other than their own inattention.

Hacked Clients and Trading

this happened to me years ago, I kind of just accepted it. Rip 8 def

all makes sense

How do they have 8 spaces for 8 def? if they’re offering life say

But @Beige the sprite artist told me some dude tried it with him! And I know FULL WELL that he isn’t using a “Modded Client.”

It’s simply a deselect scam.
Because he deselects right before he accepts the trade, the trade delay should reset.

That doesn’t happen with people who are ignoring the trade delay with cheats, so those people get scammed.
If you don’t cheat, the trade delay will reset and make you wait another few seconds to check out whether all the items are selected.

With a hacked client, if you are both using one, if somebody doesn’t have enough inventory space and you use the quick accept, the trade will still go through, but the “overflow” items will be deleted.

TL;DR, both were 100% using a hacked client. ban hammer pls

so this scam only works if both users are hackers? i guess thats a way to find hackers?

It’s hilarious is what it is.

Yep. I mean, you can’t get definitive proof besides downloading a hacked client, using it and recording it, but still.

love the accidental self incrimination

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.