I got a suggestion to make pets a little more balanced!

Yep this has alway been my hopes for fixing pets

Sad trurth is it will cause way to much outrage

It’s the year 2016 Grandpa! Rushing without a pet is no longer in style, technology has grown over the years and has provided pets for the future generations! Just think of the future after this, soon pets will be gone and replaced by the Megaultra2056(Which is a machine that fuses the abailities of pets and charaters together creating…SURPREME PLAYERS!!

Edit: Sorry lol

@Werbenja oh yeah I Guess I did, wasn’t my intention, had a really bad migraine and on meds XD I don’t want any credit lol you can have it.

My main goal is just to share ideas, I dunno how the rotmg community works, maybe people are very particular on where credit is due?

Like you said the idea probably isn’t new and isn’t yours Nor mine, what I was trying to say rephrased was probably ‘sorry if my POST is bad, got a headache.’ Or ‘sorry if THE IDEA I POSTED is bad, got a headache.’ Guess it was misunderstood.

No biggie.

The idea is sound, it’s just that people are tired of discussing solutions to pets knowing that any company currently running the game most likely won’t implement them.

But don’t let that discourage you, we’re always looking towards well developed ideas.

The time you save by rushing is used by playing more ROTMG, not less. You don’t log off early because of saved rushing time.

So the “average joe” has a legendary/divine pet now?
remember, this game has to be geared towards many different levels of players.

Puppet Master’s Theater mystic puppet

5 seconds is how long this lasts. that’s a long time.
if taking ANY damage resets the counter, i’m pretty sure this might as well remove pets from the game. in the time it takes you to find a safe place or to stop taking damage, your vit/wis will probably have done most of the work anyway.

also,

the reason for this is that almost every single idea involving pet nerfs has actually already been said, and/or isn’t very creative or helpful. this is not the first time i’ve heard this pet nerf idea, and i still think there are better ways to go about it.

try using the little magnifying glass icon next to your profile pic to look for other pet nerf ideas before posting.

5 seconds of Not getting hit is not a very Long time IMO, if it’s too long maybe 3 secs? Well it’s not really a discussion to nerf pets, just to change the mechanics. Maybe if this is implemented another change could be to buff the heal amount? That way people heal more if they aren’t getting hit but if they are getting hit they won’t get healed.

But I dunno, if you guys feel that pets are currently balanced and there’s no hope of changing and no point in discussing, it’s fine too. It’s just my own opinion that pets are currently too strong for the content present, and also would be very hard to balance towards other content in the future.

I’m not a hardcore rotmg player I just play on and off so I probably don’t know what the game wants. Also this forum is pretty slow moving for a game forum I’ve seen, that’s why I didn’t think it was necessary to prevent recurring posts.

they dont think they are balanced. They don’t want the thing they paid for nerfed

@Shatter I think in these kind of situations the Developers will have to make the final decision. Do they want to move the game on to the future? Or do they want to live in the past clinging on to their mistakes.

If they truly want to move the game onwards, they will have to make tough decisions that they personally think is best. Or they can just scrounge at the bits and pieces of the game’s past mistakes and try to salvage it. But for how long can they continue salvaging before reality hits them that it is still junk.

It is not a thing for me to say because the game is not my bread and butter.

Sure DECA can keep the game afloat by adding new skins, new items and new dungeons etc, but at the end of the day if the core Mechanic is flawed there will still be many problems.

My question is, is DECA going to just continue heeding the beck and call of a tiny player base, or does it really want to expand into something bigger. Just gotta remember that there are a ton of fish out there to catch, not just the ones in your backyard pond.

In my personal opinion, the way pets were implemented was the biggest mistake that was brought onto rotmg. The mechanics felt like they were not thoroughly thought out. IMO pets felt like a Developer’s last ditch effort to make a little bit more money before moving on to another game.

see you can say that but then you gotta remember people spent 1000$ + to get divines

@Shatter but it is still the developer’s game with their terms and conditions, if they wanted to change it they can still do it. Yes people will scream bloody murder when the change happens but they will get over it. Some people will leave some people will stay, but that is the Developer’s job to see if it is worth it.

Is DECA just a maintainence team to maintain rotmg the way it is currently, or is it a development team that wants to take rotmg to new heights. I don’t really know for sure, but if anything other games have taught me it’s that a system like this is not a sustainable endeavour.

A thousand dollar per player in such a small community is not really impressive to me, there are games out there that have made single players spend tens of thousands while still maintaining the balance and joyous aspect of the game. You just have to be Creative about it, and not just give a Sprite some levels in which level 100 gives you a ridiculously huge passive heal in a bullet hell shooter.

Like I said, the pet system feels like a last ditch attempt to make money and was not thought out Long term. Unless they just want to keep relying on pet skins and the RNG box.

The truth is that you could justndodge the bullets, the game has just become a place where people can heal faster by spending money. I agree that pets shouldnbe balanced, but not in that drastic of an affect, since people have spent over $1,000 on pets

@Hallernumb that is the sad truth. It is somewhat sad to see when a game becomes bound to its player base because of a mistake.

Here is what I feel is happening to the game.

-rotmg pre pets
-rotmg duping incident
-player base decline
-desperate for money/implemented pets
-first few months of profit
-player base decline again due to pets and people getting bored
-currently bound to pets, scared to lose what remaining players it has.

Seriously $1000 for a game is actually not a lot, but seeing how small this community is I can understand why the Developers are scared to let go of it.

The problem with your argument is that people have paid, and paid good money for what they have. And if a company provides shitter service for the same price, customer satisfaction goes down, company reputation goes down, sales go down.

Imagine if say, Netflix reduced the amount of shows they offered by a half but kept prices up. Naturally, people would stop using it, because they paid for something, and now their paying for something that isn’t worth that much.

Though not only divine users would complain, unless the nerf was not linear, but even then, this is what MSellers said about ‘whales’ in his AMA (like Shatter’s ugly landfish)

For most F2P games, they’re[whales] vital. They can easily make up the majority of the revenue you’re making.

But see rotmg is a different story. You can’t compare to Netflix because they are just too different. Netflix for example has already attracted 90% of their intended target audience, they are at the stage where they should be planning to sustain that target audience.

However rotmg is different, its target audience % is probably way Low. This is a problem because they will than start relying on ‘whales’ to sustain them, which than further leads to them trying to satisfy said whales. So with such a Low target audience %, they are spending too much time trying to stay afloat and satisfying the ‘whales’ instead of thinking Long term to first attract a larger target audience.

It has become so bad that the Developers are probably afraid of making risky or ‘game changing’ changes. They have come to such a bad position that they are now acting like the slave of their own players. Developers should always have their playerbase as their priority, but they should never become so bound by their players (whales) that they lose their own will.

That is why I asked it the Developers goal was just to sustain rotmg or is it to expand on it. If they are just looking to sustain rotmg than I say go on right ahead down this path. This game won’t belly flop if there is no change, but it definitely won’t be the success it could’ve been either.

This thread has run its course. The course that every pet thread is bound to follow.

“Pets are unbalanced! They need change!”
“But what about people that have spent money on them?”

It’s sad, really. And I’m getting tired of it. Not tired of the threads, tired of this situation where things are not good and nothing can be done about it.

lol this is actually exactly how parents and grandparents act! like technology has grown, we arent going back!

Well the devs will have to make the tough call.

i read majority of the comments, but buffing pets will hurt those wow popped $1000 for a divine. Like shatter said, so why not just make hard dungeons? More people will want divine/legendary, so Deca will also be happy.

I’ve given up on pet changes lol, now i just want perma stun/paralyse changes, and incentives to not rush, and buffing events :smiley: