I got an item that wiki say is TBA

I just got the tome of holy furor from the decaract. I think the wiki page might need to be updated but I’m not sure how.

Wiki Improvements
Wiki Improvements

Was it from the Decaract itself?

As for editing, you need to log in with your RealmEye account (which, iirc, is the same as your Forum account), then scroll down to this part of a page:
You should try to look through some pages to get familiar with the layout; some pages use slightly different coding stuff, since it switched to a different type of Markdown (I think?) a couple years or so ago.

Thanks, it’s now been added to the Decaract wiki page, in the white bag section: https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/decaract

But can I ask, was it definitely from the Decaract, and not from the event chest?

I looked through all of the patch notes within the last year, and found no reference to this item. I’ve only seen it on testing. Was this released just quietly, without mention? It seems like an oversight, especially when new UTs are usually a point of interest within patch notes.

It was released not too long ago but was only available through a tinkerer quest along with the rest of the Decaract UTs

Ah, I see. I suppose then, a shortcoming of the wiki, is that it does not keep a record of in game events in the development history. By face value this makes sense, but in this case they’ve added a new item during the event, and it went subsequently unnoticed by those who would normally upkeep the wiki, because that change was not noted in the development history.

like seelpit and nevov asked, it’s important to clarify whether it came from the chest in the dungeon or the decaract itself. if it came from the chest, it’s possible the decaract itself is not actually capable of dropping it (yet?) and so the drop table doesn’t need to be updated.

For clarification: it’s not that the Holy Furor item wasn’t on the wiki, it’s had a page since 2018 when the item was added into the game code. And in June when it made an appearance through the event, its page was updated then too. It just had ‘TBA’ in its Drops From section because until now it’s not dropped from anywhere.

I can’t remember which I got it from sorry, I did find the update they added it in though https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/bv7l4f/weekly_event_quests/

It was added with the quest chests so it may have been from them.

edit: Campfires found it too :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for letting us know. I’ve written on the wiki in the History of the item that it was first available during that Weekly Event in June, and now has appeared in the Event Chest, as that’s definitely known fact, and for now I haven’t included it as loot direct from the Decaract tower, as it might’ve been from the chest that yours dropped. Enjoy using it!

Just got official word on this, the decaract tower does not drop the tome. If you want it, you have to get it from the chest.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.