I need help! [Progressing in-game]

I can’t do this anymore.

Whenever I get a good UT, I keep it for a while, and then when I use it, I die. Whenever I get a good character, something stupid happens and I lose him. I try so hard to be successful, but no matter how hard I try, I keep failing, over and over. I don’t know what to do at this point. Whenever I get a character that I want to max, I use another character to max him. Then I die on that character, and because I get so bored that I don’t want to get to level 20 again (and get good gear), I play on my good character. Then I die on that one. When I do PPE’s, I either get a good UT that makes me suicidal (like an EP or Demon Blade), I die a stupid death, the server lag kills the character, or I just die.

I’ve had 3 successful characters that I love and miss: my 7/8 pally who I could rush abysses smoothly and quickly with, my 6/8 archer who passed every threshold and got the most loot, and my 6/8 wizard who had old tops but was so much fun to play.

Even with the help of my kind, helpful guildies, I can’t get a good character to 8/8. No matter how lucky I get, my bad luck will always find a way to make me lose what I gained. No matter how careful I am, I always fail. No matter what DECA does every now and then to make us players get better at the game, I keep losing my characters, my UT’s, and my patience.

I play RotMG every day for at least an hour. I am very careful with my characters and my UT’s. I have a decent pet that should keep me alive. He is a close-to-maxed rare with Heal, MP Heal, and Electric (locked). Because I’m not allowed to get and spend Realm Gold for my pet as often as I should to level him quickly, I level him up very, very slowly (with fame). Therefore, at this point, I don’t know what to do.

I see so many light blue stars that are below rank 10 who are 8/8 and have awesome gear. Same with the yellow and white star players. If light blue stars can get 8/8 so quickly, there must be a certain strategy, a certain method behind everyone’s success. I need to know those methods so I can get better at the game. I want to know what people use (DON’T tell me hacks) that helps them become successful at this game.

Is there any tips or ideas that anyone could offer to help me get better at this game?

Thanks!

I Need Realm Tips

Works well.

I’m serious

A good thing to do while playing is to put more focus into your actual pet then characters until you get more comfortable with how it plays. Another thing that helps is when you die the best thing to do is to just take a break. Myself and a couple others I know tend to go onto a death streak when one character dies so taking a break usually helps. As for maxing a good way to make sure you don’t die while maxing is to run one dungeon and stick to it. Some good classes to pot farm on and to play 0/8 in my opinion would be a wizard and pally that’s just what I like. Also if you can try to keep at least a couple def pots always tucked away so that if you do die you can hop on the trade server or realmeye and gear back up. This game is very hard to start off on. Some people will learn it faster than others. It took myself a while to figure out how to sustain but after I started it became really easy to max myself. Hope at least something in here helped. And if you want you can shoot me a pm in game, and as long as I’m not up to something I’d be down to help out for a bit

Your best call would be to only run safe godlands dungeons that you’re comfortable doing and when you have enough pots gradually max characters to 6/8 with decent gear and once you get like 2 or 3 6/8s you could venture onto higher level dungeons with more gain, like shatts, tombs and LH. Although if you’re asking on how not to die often I can’t really help you too much, all I can really say is that my problem with stupid deaths is due to my unwillingness to nexus, like I’m in a dangerous situation and i know i could easily die but I still don’t nexus and although it causes me to die more frequently it also makes the game funner for me. So in short just start off doing easy dungeons/things that you know you can handle and as you build up your characters move onto harder things.

Thank you for your help!

I do take breaks. Pretty long breaks.

Thank you for this tip – I’ll be sure to use it!

Thanks for this tip – I’ll try it too!

Thanks for your help!

I edited the title for clarity.

All rightie, thanks

Huh. I’m also in the same situation. But I only have one character and my pet is a tad worse. I’ve tried all these tips and read many guides, but I still die stupid deaths and rage quit often. What server do you usually play on @Foxesrock

Edit: Wait you’re pro @Four do you have any tips for me? I only have one character and 2 vaults. I messed up on MotMG so I can’t get the new character slot and chest. I’ve tried ppeing but my pet is pretty bad. My only good character got popped instantly. I don’t have much stuff on my vault. I have a mule that has shit gear on it. The only good thing in my vault is an oreo. (Although its considered shit by many people) Oh wait i also have a plane.

USSW is my server.

Uh… lets see… um… have fun? Just play the game…don’t be reckless… learn how to do dungeons…team up with friends… use discord(since talking to other people helps me play)… play the game like a bullet hell… not a pinata simulator… use waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many “…”… yeah

I’ve recently started a new account to figure out how to survive off of one character as well. The best method I’ve found is to just take extra precautions and remember that nexusing is more important than loot. Eventually your vault will get full and you’ll have to make the choice to feed or drop the item. The only away around that is mules unless the item is soul bound. And also remember if you use muledump when you refresh on that program it counts as logging in for the event calendar. I’m on my phone right now so I can’t find the download for muledump, but when I get home I’ll grab it for you

Those are basically useless UTs that are only marginally helpful in the best of situations, and completely useless for most. There is no reason to EVER use an EP unless you having a knight stun O2 for you and you are conflict/EPing the crap out of it. As for dblade, yeah that thing is pretty much useless unless you are on a knight, and even then, why not just use a pixie?

[quote=“Foxesrock, post:1, topic:14273”]
the server lag
[/quote]Play on a new server or acquire a new hamster

You want an 8/8 without merching? It’s easy. Make a wizard, a warrior, or an archer. Farm godland pots till you can 4/8 a warrior. Take this warrior into every udl you see until you find a dbow. Farm the godlands until you can 4/8 an archer. Run enough tombs on that archer until you are comfortable with the tomb and don’t think you will die. Equip dbow, run endless tombs, profit. Tombs are the non-merch key to 8/8 characters, unless you happen to be a god at shatters and know people with a lot of keys.

I can tell you right now that most 8/8 light blue stars are either 1) dupers, 2) RWTraders, 3) merchers, or 4) smurf accounts for someone’s main.

how can u have fun without being reckless

I get that rushing is the norm, and that it’s all about the min-max efficiency life.

I might just be an old fart here now, but I honestly prefer clearing dungeons. It’s so much goddamn safer, and I enjoy the damn game that way, instead of cheesing content. It takes me a while to get a good wizard going to 6\8, but after that it’s just plain old smooth sailing.

I do play recklessly from time to time, sure. But that’s an exception, not the norm. Idk what to say, if you enjoy rushing and get an adrenaline rush from it, then be ready to face the consequences as well, there’s no damn point in crying about it.

If you need actual advice on gitting gud, there are quite a few good posts made on these forums with regards to that, and you are free to use the search feature to find said threads.

I would personally keep a 4/8+ pally in reserve. I currently have a 7/8 pally should my knight die.

u shud play paden kuz best class

I do, I do have a paladin. Look at my 7/8

o wait you can’t

i have 2 padens a 8/8 and 4/8 once i 6/8 ill make another paden :smiley: