Ibex [Boss]

this is probably the longest post I’ve ever seen on the forums

(not counting the documents on google drive)

Looks cool, but i’m in love with these bricks :heart_eyes:

You can really lower the comments and actually be quiet, making a boss is hard and your over reacting and saying unneeded criticism

Just because you don’t agree with someone doesn’t make their comments unneeded, especially when Xaklor put a good amount of effort into their post. If you note parts of their critique that you don’t agree with, why not say alternatives or why you think they are overreacting?

He went a little far and in my opinion he got pretty rude

Wait… hang on. I like the setpiece, but I have one concern with it: wouldn’t it be hard to see half of the attacks? as a fair quantity of projectiles coming out are grey as well?

and you said the same thing before, so I guess I’ll repeat my same counterargument: if you want to make things more interesting, variable damage values are not the place to be doing that. having the rocks break up into varying amounts of smaller rocks is fine though, so all you really need to do is make the rocks inflict constant damage.

there are 3 ways to interpret this:

1. the projectiles spawn in front of the lead projectile, this has the same problem I’m talking about because one second you could be fine and the next there’s a projectile on top of you
  2. the projectiles spawn behind the lead projectile, if this is the case you don’t need to use posOffset at all just have him fire off all the shots in sequence like a normal enemy
  3. the projectiles spawn on top of the lead projectile, this is super unfair because stacked shots are a BIG no-no and players have absolutely no way of knowing how many shots are being stacked.

where are they coming from huh? BREEEEEEEEEEE

I read that paragraph like 5 times before writing up those comments and I’m definitely sure you did not mention any of those anywhere

you only get credit for a god kill or an oryx kill if your attack brings the enemy down to 0 HP and kills it. no other options.

gimmicks are neat but they don’t equate to difficulty. if you’re going to give this guy a whole new tier of weapon drops he needs something other than gimmicks to make him difficult. 675 damage projectiles don’t count for difficulty, because they just make it unfair instead of making it hard.

you didn’t tell anyone about that in your text wall :/

Redox has been pestering me specifically for months to get my criticism. I’m not going to stop just because some random yes-man tells me I’m overreacting when the majority of you are probably just skimming.

also have you not heard of the Clock Tower? I know how much effort goes into drafting up a dungeon idea, let alone a single boss.

Gidey has a very good point: many shots are similar in color to the ground tiles, and they’ll become even more similar once you add the shadow layer. make the shots brighter.

Why haven’t I seen comment on the fact that killing this gives a whopping 500 FAME!
I’ll read the rest now, but shit man that’s an incredible amount.

i think the amount of paralyze in the 6th phase might be a bit too much? Of course it depends on how well you can dodge his first petrifying stomp attack (possibility, not ability-wise) and if the attacks afterwards will (guarenteed) chain paralyze you. If its ‘decently’ dodgeable and not a chain paralyze it should be fine.

And what will happen if you/the group doesnt have enough dps in the 8th phase?
As far as I understand it now, it will just explode and Ibex will throw a new one out. But if the group just lacks the potential dps to clear this would you get stuck? A soft lock of sorts (like the eye-phase of ava).

And I agree with Xalor that the damage of the attacks should be uniform, both the waves (mini-molten, hoof stomp) and the boulder (and debris) throws. Since he’s right about not being able to differentiate them while they are in the air.

But other then that it seems like a really hard fight that i would love to try out sometime with guildies (preferably on testing since dying seems like a high probability)
as well as the fact that this indeed took a lot out of you and this post is one of quality :+1:

I’m definitely reworking this phase, it’s probably the most unforgiving out of them all. I’ll probably make it similar to the stone guardian sword phase, but instead throwing the sword in a random spot to make it a little harder.

I balanced this based on the DPS of an 8/8 WC top priest which can deal the required damage in half the time it takes to travel the whole distance, and since the HP scaling only adds 75% HP, it should be a lot easier for a group to deal the required damage than perhaps a solo/duo.

I’m gonna leave these ones untouched since they’ll all have different sizes. Of course the small waves will have a smaller size in comparison to the larger ones, so I wouldn’t expect this to become an issue.

Haha, thanks man. I’ll remake a finalized version in a google doc and then you can anticipate the Lich that I was working on too after :smile:

Amasing idea. Someone put this in Best of the Best.

The only thing missing now is more whites. Apart from that, amasing job, I’d love to fight that boss.

The thing is I like dungeons that rely more on skill than over powered items that will allow you to survive a 675 damage hit cough cough (max stats for characters are mostly a bit more than enough to survive). This dungeon is good but it could seriously take some nerfing.

I’m nerfing that specific projectile, so none will do over 550 damage, but the others are getting a range buff and perhaps damage buffs once I fully finish rethinking phases to make them a little more unique and gimmicky + more difficult.

I’m aiming for this dungeon to be on Void level, but this time up against a single enemy to stop it from falling into that “DPS wall” catergory, so I wouldn’t see a nerf of the entire thing fitting.

and if ur not 8/8 preist+ with tops+ on? ur just stuck alone in the dungeon?

If you’re referring to the part where I measured an 8/8 Priest’s DPS for the Deadman’s volley phase, that’s because Priests have lower DPS than other classes. However, I used a full top set because that’s not a DPS based build which means that the phase shouldn’t be so much of a problem for players if they’re competent enough to shoot the energy ball.

As I said, it’s endgame so i’d expect a majority of players to be 8/8. Why would I decrease the difficulty of it if there are T13 and 14 weapons up for grabs?

Prophetic Shendyt

Though the Beast never truly fell, its clothing was retrieved of its defeated body.
Made of an ancient fabric - though, through an unknown method - forgetten to the depths of time - it’s heavy, but strong.

Tier: UT
On Equip: +12 Defense, +60 HP, +5 Attack, +5 Dexterity, -6 Speed
Soulbound: Lock
Feed Power: 1,155

Lootbag: image
Drops from: Ibex

Iron Gauntlet

A great gauntlet tempered with iron plates, with a glove made from an ancient fibre. Mortals who wear these are granted the strength to pull the Great blades of Ibex from the ground.

On Equip: +90 HP, +3 Defense, +3 Attack, +3 Dexterity
Feed Power: 700

Lootbag: Loot%20Bag%205

Golden Gauntlet

A gauntlet heralded in legends for being imbued with strength. It’s crafted with golden plates, with the glove made from an ancient fibre.
Any being wearing it can not only lift the Great Blades of Ibex, but are granted intense power to so much as swing them with unfathomable force.

On Equip: +95 HP, +5 Defense, +5 Attack, +5 Dexterity
Feed Power: 1,400

Lootbag: image

Alternative Sprite (Less saturated Gold)

@OtherBill I created a seperate thread to keep the discussions based on the different categories.
I poste items in #ideas:items so i could get feedback relating to that, then I could later tweak the stats if neccessary and this is posted in #ideas:dungeons-enemies to get feedback on the boss mechanics.

Please move the item ideas back, I didn’t see what was wrong with posting them in a seperate thread anyway, unless you care to explain.

I didn’t do it but I’d prefer you keep all your stuff related to this guy in one place. it’s easier to keep track of stuff, it doesn’t cover the ideas subforum in your stuff, and entire dungeons filled with bosses, items, new mechanics/status, maps, AND mobs still only get 1 thread. yours shouldn’t be a special case.

I’m not even being petty, but:

Boss:

Item:

Dungeon:

Unless you decide to merge all of these too, please move my item post back to its own thread. I don’t see why it had to be moved anyway, it’s not hurting anyone being seperate and I’d much rather see the feedback for the boss and the items seperate so people can focus on either one (which I’ve stated twice now).

Ah, thanks for pointing those out. I’ve merged those, too.