Ibex [Boss]

Okayyy

why did you give him more?? Jk but they are 6 months old like lmao.

um

Please stop commenting if you’re not going to say anything remotely helpful.

I agree wholeheartedly but can’t help but feel there is a point to be made: the item descriptions are a bit cumbersome. ‘Retrieved’ could even imply that Ibex had taken the clothes from the players in the first place (and I kind of want it to). To be honest, the name is also a bit off - we already have a shendyt, and I’m not entirely sure what’s so prophetic about this one. How about:

Wraps of Ibex [?]:
Woven in prehuman realms from the petrific fibres of extinct Astalthon, this uncommonly resilient garment is the sole remnant of the Beast’s infernal incursion. Let it remain so.

Iron Gauntlet:
Fortified with iron plates and seven layers of the Beast’s impenetrable hide, this commanding gauntlet fills its wearer with force sufficient heave great Ibex’s mortal blades.

Golden Gauntlet:
An ancient gauntlet of immortal valour, plated with the molten hoards of Pandaemonium, and carven with unfathomably powerful runes which make the heaven-shearing blades of Ibex dance more lightly than floating petals in your hands.

I dunno, really I was just in the mood for writing some descriptions :3

Overall, for such an epic battle, I do feel like the loot needs a little more love!

Look redox, it’s great that you put a lot of effort into your idea and all, but you’ve gotta get better at dealing with random comments like these. You yourself are not 100% ontopic, and I think it’s unreasonable for you to blast @railgunman for posting that. Just ignore it and move on.

I’m not being funny or anything, but he’s posted 3(?) replies on this topic, two of which have consisted of one word replies accompanied with a quote from me.

When repeated twice it gets a little tiresome, I’m alright disregarding the first, but another is unneccessary.

I lack in these parts of item ideas, they never make much sense or are kind of flat.

Though I don’t see too much wrong with having another one of another armor type, it can be changed if a suitable name is found.

They’re fantastic :smiley:
Do you mind if I use these?

Alright, seems I misunderstood.

Yeah, don’t worry about it.

If I am credited for them, go ahead! Happy to help C:

why make 2 items where one is literally the other but lower stats and a bit altered sprite when you can make ibex drop something like le golden upgrade and after giving it to tinker with iron gaunlet it will upgrade le gaunlet to le golden gaunlet so it would give a little bit more purpose to iron gaunlet than just being another trash item

or make alchemist new purpose to combine such items allowing rotmg to increase drop table be more vague with trash items to make them more powerful

also combining such item could cost fame and everybody wants to waste their fame right

also it would bring alchemist back and everybody wants that too

i wrote this at 3am please try to understand whatever i tried to say thank you

I’d rather not make a fetch quest and basically rework part of the Tinkerer for the means of upgrading one item from one boss.

But that’s not the aim of this boss, I just added drops based on feedback that one white wouldn’t give enough drive to fight a boss that outputs as much damage as this one does.

Actually I’d say that the iron gauntlet itself - as a cyan drop, with an inherently good droprate - is pretty useful. I wouldn’t call it “trash” at all as it finds itself as more of a higher droprate version compared to its successor.
In this case, I’d probably put it on a similar level in terms of usability/desirability to Expo and in itself comes pretty close to Ring of the Pyramid (sacrificing 10 HP, 1 Attack and 1 Def for an additional 3 Dex).

However, yes I do see your point of one being a direct upgrade from the other, so in the case I do make a dungeon this may be relegated into being dropped from a sub-boss or something along those lines.

this new minecraft block looks great

Thank you guys for reminding me to edit this post lol
But on to the topic of this

How would these blocks spawn in? The Description doesn’t make it that clear, unless I missed something obvious.

Are you referring to the projectile or the pillar blocks themselves?

The projectile

Oh okay, Sounds good.

Be thrown by an invisible entity on the tile of the pillar upon the pillars’ destruction.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.