Ice Cave

Collect feedback here on the Ice Cave rework!

I will update this thread later with more information, for now keep in mind that this is very much a work in progress and won’t be part of the next release.

Public testing feedback - Magic Woods / Ice Cave

Someone post some screenshots for all of the chillens at school! Thanks

Make a UT cyan bag set that drops from the big yetis and big bats. Lower the armor piercing damage of the mini yetis. Make the mini yetis despawn after the big yeti that spawned them dies.

cant find any info on the changes

It seems like too much of a difficulty jump compared to the old one, especially on unmaxed chars but maybe thats cause there arent like 40 people like in prod

Maybe they’ll buff the uts along with the dungeon🤫

I haven’t been able to test it alot (school chromebook) but I really like the new enemies, the sprite team did an amazing job!

Was that the ice dragon from Darzas? Now we are mutually copying each others texture.

I like the new changes!

Having players start at different areas will definitely get more people to clear and the narrower rooms + ice tears (I think that’s what they’re called) add an extra challenge with the ice physics.

The new enemies are cool as well but I feel like their colour schemes don’t really match that well with the rest of the dungeon.

First of all, there are (maybe) 3 spawn points (Starting Rooms) in new Ice Cave, that converges to the “leech pad”, larger than before. It seems to correct the problem of inactive players a little bit in Inner Sanctum Room.

Then, there are two new “mini-bosses” here, besides the Big Yeti and Snow Bat Mama. The first seems a Ice Scorpion and the other like a Ice Dragon, as someone spoke above, more stationary (little moving) and with peculiar attacks.

The dungeon decreased in size. Also, they introduced ice damaging tiles which, in some tests, hinders the character’s displacement and, therefore, increasing the difficulty, mainly for melee classes. For robe classes, it can become a nightmare if fleeing from enemies bump into a gray column near ice tiles.

In Inner Sactum, in phase 2, Esben carried damage by switching in vulnerability and invulnerability, which can cause instakill with large groups. Now, in this test, there is only invulnerability. It seems to have hp scaling too, in addition to removing the chest at the end of the battle (which with hp scaling improved the dynamics to encounter the boss).

As suggestions (since they are working on it) could have minions for new mini bosses, fix the ice tiles and gray columns displacements and add drops in enemies (hp and mp pots). In general, i like so much this huge improvement in this dungeon!

I don’t believe the ice cave is thematically fitting to drop from Lord of the Lost Lands. I think the Permafrost Lord should be an event boss a bit like crystal all year round which drops it, obviously with a modified loot table.

Other than that I really like the new changes c:

Very true. The color scheme is about the same, that’s probably why they have it drop from the lotll

Honestly they should drop from Constructs at a really rare rate like they did from White Demons beforhand. Sure getting them was like getting a white bag but Constructs seriously need a dungeon drop seeing as Attack chance just isn’t a good enough reason for people to bother and I’d take a temporary rare Ice Cave drop over nothing any day. Not to mention only Silver gives experience/fame.

No, Darza’s stole the Ice Dragon sprite from the RotMG Art Tool, probably without permission from the original creator. DECA owns the Ice Dragon sprite, so they have every right to use it.

Can the dungeon be renamed to something less… boring?

Lets call it the cold catacombs
Or the chilly caverns
Or frost something
xd

YOO that IS the Ice Dragon from Darzas! It’s the EXACT. SAME. SPRITE!!! Except in Darzas it was a boss after realm closes! LOL how could they do this to Darzas Dominion?!?!?

WOW really? Never knew that!!! Awesome!!!

screenshot_20180227_153435
Example of a map (that i soloed, although i could not solo the boss)
Light Blue is the new ice tiles and every dead end is a starting point (amount varies from those that I’ve tested, although most the time it is 3, I have seen 2, if anyone else has seen a different number than 2 or 3 please comment)

Also new ice tiles
screenshot_20180227_153421
They do 60 armor piercing damage at a unknown (to me) rate

Small yeti damage buffed to 80 and big yeti now has a bomb that does massive damage (250)

Snow Bat Mama has a new shot pattern as well slightly reminding me of crystal prisoners 3 directional white wave shot

work in progress is a work in progress (I.E. this might already be on your guys’ list for fixing up this dungeon and we simply haven’t heard) but… are y’all planning on changing esben staff by halving its amplitude, or giving it like 120% fire-rate instead of 70%? having the first derivative of the closed system [0, 7] only cross/represent its slope once is pretty terrible ; It’s like they realized they only needed to make it affirm the MVT and called it a day It also could probably use a little bit of a damage hike if you guys didn’t care for the idea of making it have a less extreme amplitude, or a much faster RoF.