Ichor Lord, yet another skin by Xaklor

This was my attempt at making a sort of “evil counterpart” to spook. I’ve shown a few people this guy before but the responses I got were all over the place, so I’m just getting some more opinions. (also I’m moving my skin ideas to Fan Art since the general consensus lately has been that if it’s just a sprite it goes here)

Here you go:

I tried doing a lot of different stuff than what’s normal, the ones that most particularly got people’s attention is that he has no arms, and the side view of the “crown” only has 2 points. that’s deliberate.
This was originally going to be a Necro skin, but I think it would be better as a Mystic skin, for the following reasons:

• there are already 3 skeleton necromancer skins, a fourth seems like oversaturating the class a bit
  • mystic has the most “levitating weapon” type skins, the two phylactery bearers, the icicle dial, and yuki onna. this guy has one too, so it fits there better
  • why not shake it up? a skeleton spellcaster is not the typical approach to mystic skins, this offers a different style to the others.

I think it looks awesome but that’s probably because I made it, so just let me know what you think instead.

Bonus:

I put some cloths on him, a Large Blue Dragon Scale Cloth and a Small Celtic Knot Cloth.
(might not have been the best combination lol)

How to Make Sprites? (that are usable)

he is like mini-skuld + necro. He’s very cute :heart: . Although he is kinda scary when he shots.

Not sure of my thoughts… His attack animations remind me of spook somehow… I think with spook i like everything except the nose, b/c it makes it look silly. With this, the attack animation is quite different from the sitting (from cute to scary ).

that was kind of the intention somewhat, Spook is the “good” one so he goes more toward the cuter/nicer side, while the Ichor Lord is the “evil” one so he goes more toward the scary/mean side.

of course the differences are subtler than I’m making it sound, but it’s there.

yes, but he looks awfully cute when he doesnt.

Its pretty cute, but when the eyes flash white when it attacks, it sort of blends with the skull. Maybe flash red?

Aside from that, it’s great.

Mind telling me why he has a lopsided crown when he faces toward the side?

I do like the shading, but I would question the walking animation, is his robe supposed to billow? If so, then it’s great! If not, then it would look weird.

Yeah sure. it only has 3 points, so from the side two of them overlap. Most other sprite crowns have 4 points, so they’re the same from both angles

Yup.

Oh, my bad, I suppose that crowns aren’t in my area of expertise.

Yup indeed

This is so good.

I don’t need it.
I don’t need it.
I deeeeefinitly don’t need it…

smexy

I don’t think it’ll surpass Spook, but this looks awesome.

Although you already know my opinion on it.

When shooting to right it got 2 ends, shooting straight to camera 4

pls

uh, what?
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.

Cute and spooky together doesn’t really match, but I guess this skin still works like that. I like how the eyes shine and how it doesn’t have any arms, makes it more scary and nonlifelike, which is good.

You just made your own skin look horrible, congrats.

A :candy: for your effort!

I thought of another possible name for this guy: “Sketch”
(y’know, as in “Spook-y” and “Sketch-y” :3)

which name do you like better?

• Ichor Lord
  • Sketch

0 voters

That other name is too sketchy.

Very nice skin.

Have a :cookie:.

Before I say what I’m gonna say next, just know that I gave it a like because I liked it. :wink:

The sideways moving animation seems… let’s just put the word “kegels” out there.

Seems like he’s sucking up his stomach or laughing more than walking, but that’s just how I saw it initially and I can’t unsee it now. Brain-wipe me and I’ll come back tomorrow.

noice

i feel like you are missing a pixel…