Ickabod's Halloween skins part 1

Heyyooo, I made more skins. This time misc halloween stuff, though about half is old stuff since I wanted to get them onto a doc at some point.

I have a lot more ideas rattling around in my head so I’m going to be making a lot more sooner. I just wanted to get some of these out before October.

So as usual give me your criticisms, comments, etc.

[details=
Here’s a little bonus for you forum people!]

It’s a scrapped idea for a flatwoods monster assassin. It never came out quite right so I gave up on it though!
[/details]

:sunglasses:

The Headless Ninja is very nice.

The witch hunter skin looks exactly like the vampire hunter skin for assassin.

I like the Wizard and Ninja skin the most.

Did u read the description for it? It’s the daughter of the other skin.

Hmm… Some are bad quality but the Mystic and Wizard I quite like.

Please go into detail so I may better myself :sunglasses:

Hmm

Son of Arachna - Doesn’t fit Sorc, AT ALL

Vampire Hunter - If you’re gonna do a skin branch off add more depth

Meddling Spectre - The color scheme isn’t very good and when I look at the attack phase idk if those grey things are daggers or shackles. It’s oddly shaded and doesn’t fit. Something like a mini Kage Kami would fit the sprite I would think.

Trickster Skin - It doesn’t look like anything at all… It’s just a grey blob that looks bad tbh.

The ninja wiz and mystic skins are gr8

That doesn’t help much.

I had based mini Arachna around sorc’s fulmi, since it reminded me of the son of arachnas web. It is also my second most well received skin i’ve made.

Meddling spectre I based off of the generic scooby-doo chain and shackle ghosts. I had designed the shading to match these ghosts as well. Is there anything I could do to make it look better?

For the trickster I based it off a generic gray alien, with the skinny skeletal body and bulbous head. Is there anything in specific you think I could do in order to make it look more like a gray alien?

As for Arachna I can’t explain it it just looks bad to me.

Now the Meddling Spectre… I doubt many people will know wtf that is but that’s fine because it’s decent (if you change it up a bit imo) and it looks good. Change up the color scheme a bit. What’s really throwing me off is the bright green. It looks like a snake pit portal went sentient.

For the Trix try a mix of Stone Assassin and Golem Skin. Make the head look big like the cancerous tumor on the Sin’s head and make the body sleek like the Golem Skin.

Just to make sure we’re on the same page here.

Still same page…

Those are actually the images I used as reference xD

Ooh, I want to join too!
#Meddling Spectre
It looks cute! A shambling hunchback is the impression I got. The colors are nice, as it compliments black and red to create the Spoopy vibe.

The walking animation’s dagger looks odd. Right now, the dagger seems to be extending every once in a while. I assume the meddling spectre is holding it backwards? In any case, the frontal and hind attack’s dagger curves looks very awkward. Perhaps you should sample another backwards-holding skin as well.

##Mischevious Gremlin
Ahh, I heard this character was pretty popular in some parts of the country. I like how it’s flapping its ears when it’s walking. Its attacking animation kinda looks like its spitting out its attacks, though. As I remembered, gremlins are vicious melee attackers? I don’t know what you can do with that, but that’s just a bias.

I don’t get why this is for a mystic, though. Seems simple, but it might work in its favor instead of against it.

#Witch Hunter
Ahh, reminds me of castlevania. I assume that’s a whip? I really like the concept, and the undead skin tone is quite the rarity in skins.

Its color partition reminds me of an undead Indiana Jones, and its attacking whip looks awkward as well, especially for the side-attack. As reference, I suggest looking at the classic NES castlevania’s spritesheet.

#Abductor Gray
Interesting concept. The green of the stick stands out to the skin’s rather pale complexion, but it’s portrays the gray alien archetype pretty well.

Well, the gray alien archetype has always been pretty skinny as far as I remember, and the default body type for RotMG is chubby. Perhaps consider a thinner one if possible! Also, I don’t remember and of them using a green glowstick. Maybe a gun would be more fitting, but that one is bias.

#Scary Scarecrow
My favourite of the batch right now. The bright orange, dark brown and gray cloth mix well, and the bouncy walk and attack animation satisfies me very well.

My only question for this one is probably what are those two pixels under each arm? I like their addition, but I can’t relate any article of clothing in the sprite which supports its existence.

#Son of Son of Arachna
or as I call it, the Spawn of Sataaaan. Or, y’know, Grandson of Arachna. Or Babe of Arachna. Or Spiderling of Arachna.

Obvious missing the joke aside, I like the walking animation of it bobbing its body up and dwn. Its coloring is also pretty spot on.

My problem stems from my philosophy of why I don’t use any skins; It’s already hard to track my character to begin with in the middle of these mish mash of colors, now I have to keep track which spider is also a player, enemy, or my character. At least it’s not stone skin… where you are quite similar to some tiles.

Regarding the execution of the skin I do like that it opens and closes its maws, but I don’t get why its raising its arms like it’s throwing a blob of web with its arms on the side-attack. The back-walk is different from the other parts of the skin in that its left and right legs alternate.How it raises its arms between the side, front, and hind are also different, with the one facing side raising it far below eye level, but the rest being quite above.

If I may suggest, perhaps have the poor thing use its string from its lower orifice like spiderman shooting web. It is a sorc skin after all. Ranged over melee!

#Foe of Ichabod
Genius concept. Marvelously flowing cape, a great contrast between blue, red, white and orange as well as yellow. And of course, the fact that you’re throwing your own head to attack. Brilliant. Animation is also pretty nice, with its lively bobbing for walking, and stand-still for firing.

One inconsistency I found s that the cape does not flow for side and frontal attack, but it is for the hind attack. If you have, this is will be my favorite, mostly becaus of the concept behind it.

Thanks for the feedback. My intention for spectre was for the arms to be chained and shackled, and such the spook would whip people with said chains. I should certainly increase the contrast to make it more obvious.

As for gremlin, I do agree for melee however one thing pushed me towards mystic. Gremlins are chaotic assholes who gain joy from messing with others, much like mystic players.

For scarecrow I tried to have it like loose strips of cloth flowing from his cloak as he lept into the sky, though I do agree it’s a bit awkward since I added it for the sole reason to add some extra easy movement.

Loving the Trickster skin, Good enough to make me start playing trickster again! :heart_eyes:

LOVE the Son of Son of Arachna skin! Oh, and by the way, I really thought “And he would’ve gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for you meddling PPE’s” was hilarious xD

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.