I'd much appreciate some emotional support

I am going to be real with you people for a minute. I suffer from depression. I don’t mean ‘omg dave bowie is kill am so depress best make a facebook post’ I mean actual diagnosable depression having lasted many many years. I am also keen on bottling up my emotions until they burst. Now, I really don’t want to talk about whats wrong. I am just feeling particularly sad today as my ‘sad jar’ has been tipped over, and I’d appreciate some nice posts to cheer me up.

I get I’m probably not a very likable person but a few of you always brighten my day.

What do you think of me?

You’re not alone, you play realm, from what i’ve gathered… half the damn player base is depressed in some way or another.

sometimes you just gotta look at the better side of life. dont focus on the bad side. dont let those small things bring you down because think about it, today may just be a bad day but tomorrow will be better. as for the bottling up of emotions, i suggest you write them down (yes ik sounds real cheesy) but i honestly helps. dont store your emotions away till the last moment.

In real life I’m a rather cold and distant person but I’ll offer some support.

We have saying in my language

In english it’s " what about yesterday"

And it’s saying that what about yesterday, you made it thorough that day and it’s time for another more.

I understand hard times but I also understand it is
Sometimes we run into bad places but there’s always a better place around the corner. It takes some looking though.

I offer one of my favorite pictures, normally I post slavic related picutues but this time it will be some slightly different

I would say I have almost all symptoms of depression besides having depression itself. Just know you ain’t the only one.

Here take a picture of the best ring!

Something about easy, vaguely satisfying, distracting, yet not quite fulfilling non-tasks attracts that kind of crowd, lol

I think many things share that attribute

You know they diagnose you with depression to sell you drugs right? Anyone could have an appointment and get diagnosed.

I have blue days, weeks, months and years too I know that feel.

I believe depression is real but I do think a lot of psychologist try to diagnose with books to much rather then what is actually the case.

Another part of that is now that people are so widely diagnosed with “disorders” and people start to diagnose them self espically in the United States, but on the other side people want to say people don’t have a problem and they are just sad. When in fact some people have chemical imbalances in their brains that cause large amounts of serotonin amoung things that make people sad and they have no choice in the matter
In the case of someone asking for help it’s best to actually give them help and see where it goes from there. If they really wanted the they will listen and try to adapt to their problem but if they keep complaining and do nothing that’s when you ignore them

Was mostly just responding to this.

Is Scorchmist’s leave related in some way? Me seeing your prof pic brings that to mind.

In any case, if you are clinically depressed, I’m pretty sure medication is needed. I’m not depressed, so I have no Idea, but I have listened to Danny from Game Grumps. I kind of remember him saying that he was clinically depressed, went to a road trip/vacation/adventure, and just found himself… not depressed.

He then chucked his medication to a river, which I think is not a very smart idea, and he also warned us not to do.
Let me see if I can find it…

Disclaimer; Your case and his case will be different, since you are two different people

Game Grumps is such a chill and awesome Channel imo. They have so much content to binge on, you can hop in on any damn episode, and Danny and Arin just talking is fucking amazing. Like half the time I don’t give a shit what they’re playing, just listening to those two be funny is the real treat.

It helps to stave off the loneliness when you’re coding/constructing a post. It’s like having a couple of roommates just having a good time with you

Also, battle kid finale is pure gold

Hey I understand most people who play realm are depressed but you just gotta push through it.No matter how hard it is just push through it. You like bunnies i do :rofl:

Talking from experience, that method never works.

I know how hard it can be for an introverted person to go out of their shell and seek help, but trust me it’s the only reliable way.

With that being said,

So… Cute baby animals are agreed to be the universal anti depressants. Good to know

My new profile pic also work
If you see it

Would it help if I turned into Ickabod for a while? I mean, you wouldn’t mind right? You’re currently Scorchmist from what I can gather. :sunglasses:

Edit: wow, I just got the “First Emoji” badge. Thanks, Icky.

even when you’re depressed you’re funnier than me goddammit

Rather, you should be scorchmist aswell. :sunglasses: