Idea for a boss phase

I had this idea for a boss phase, which I think is interesting based with what we’ve seen in the Nest boss with unavoidable attacks.

Basically, have 2 new status effects similar to confuse.

Disoriented - controls are simply reversed (up <-> down; left <-> right; camera rotation keys unaffected)

Chaos - like confuse but opposite (up <-> left; down <-> right, camera rotation keys reversed as in confuse).

The boss will shoot an unavoidable wave of confuse, disoriented, or chaos, all of which also inflict sick/pet stasis but do no damage. Then, it’ll shoot some other stuff, which you’ll have to dodge while paying attention to what control scheme (normal, confuse, disoriented, or chaos) you’re in. The duration of these effects would be timed such that you could only be affected with one of confuse, disoriented, or chaos at once.

An easier version would be to just have normal and confuse.

it is already an unbalanced fight this is just unfair

What makes you say it’s unbalanced/unfair?

most of the time a pet carries you, it makes knight useless and one of its major flaws is that it relies too much on a wide array of negative status effects to cripple non priests, and a big amount of undodgeable shots used improperly while it is still a very good dungeon its just not something i see myself consistently doing.

######nest guide
https://www.realmeye.com/s/a/img/wiki/Priest_1.PNG
+
https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/wiki/Untiered/Book%20of%20Geb.png
+
https://static.drips.pw/rotmg/wiki/Pets/%20%20_%20_/Shroom.png

This obviously wouldn’t be an addition to the Nest, just something based off of it - and would be one of many phases to a boss.

The balancing really depends on the “stuff” the boss shoots while everyone’s controls are altered, which is why I didn’t provide further details. The main gimmick is making sure everyone can handle each control scheme, independent of their class and pet. Of course, there would be other phases where certain classes could really shine.

I like it. It pushes the players to actually dodge. Which has at this point become a lost art.

why do you need so many similar status effects?

It’s not only unfair, it’s also no fun. At all. Why? A game gives you controls to act inside an artificial world with some artificial rules. Easy to learn, hard to master (ideally, anyways). Taking away the controls from the players is essentially removing the game. And what’s left is just a shitshow of random pixels.

Confuse is one thing, because you can actually master it (unless you get repeatedly blasted with only short lasting confuse, which will fuck up anyone). But what you’re proposing CANT be masterd. I.e. it’s shit. Absolutely nonsensical game design.

Although interesting, as stated before me, it is quite malicious to implement something like this. Not only must players who might not have been introduced to this learn it - in, if it is like you said, only one of a boss’s phases - from scratch, but they must also deal with already existing Confuse controls. It would all just be a mess to remember.

That said, it is unique. Sadly that’s about all the positive things I can really think of.
Sorry, bud :\

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.