Idea for change to Puppet Master's Theater

This may be just because of my recent death in a pup, but does anyone else find the fact that the puppet master clones are immediately damageable upon spawn annoying? It is a small inconvenience to find oneself paralyzed and in range of 10 or so puppets, and it usually results in a close nexus or death. I understand that burst damage is a part of the game, but is it really necessary to have that sort of hard-to-avoid burst damage in such a low-level dungeon?

Suggested change: make the clones invulnerable for a second or two upon spawn, or increase the damage needed to make them explode. It would significantly reduce the danger level in the 2nd to last stage in the boss as it becomes vastly easier to make clean pup fights. There is still plenty of oppourtunity to make it a dirty fight, but it would at least give people some time to get out of the way.

Thoughts?

I personally don’t see that many deaths here. Right before the clone phase starts, I make a point to back up for a moment to make sure I don’t get killed, and that seems to be enough to avoid death for me. If a nearby puppet is about to explode, the fact that they are no longer moving is a good enough warning to get me to pay attention to the bullets they are about to throw out. I don’t think the phase needs any changes, personally.

The paralyze can be annoying when “caught” in the wrong place, but as JimdaFish said, there’s not many deaths and most people know to back up. The paralyzing projectiles just make it “funner” in a way, to me.

Danger and permadeath are what make rotMG unique, with danger comes loot, and with loot comes danger.

Ideas go into #ideas

Actually considering you know where they spawn and you know what angle the shots go so if you insta, you should be able to be in a safe position. The truth is that they actually have a decent amount of health so the only times you insta is if you have a high dps group anyway. However, if you ever do get paralyzed, don’t wait. Just nexus immediately. Lost a 6/8 cause I tried to stay. An atk is never worth the amount of time you spend on your char (assuming your char is at least level 20)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.