Idea: Small MT Changes/Nest Changes

I wanted to group these two. Feel free to read whichever part you like, if at all.

MT CHANGES

Okay, the wand and orb are amazing, latter actually being my favorite UT in the game.

Look how aesthetic that is.

Ok, but on that note, the dungeon does need a few changes. It does well in aesthetics AND UTs, but the reward is awful. Most people just end up with 1 mark, which is absurd given the difficulty of this dungeon. So here are a few small fixes I have in mind:

1. Make Daichi drop 3 guaranteed pots. These can be any type of pot, excluding of course Life and Mana. With this, Daichi would be more worthwile to defeat.

2. Make the Treasure Room Boss have a higher chance of dropping whites. This is especially important given the difficulty of this dungeon. Considering it’s quite literally a second boss, this should be reasonable. It would also drop pots, but only two as opposed to three.

THE NEST

Do I really need to explain this?

Instead of having this really giant, complex boss fight that no one likes to do, I recommend the same setpiece, but a different boss. Introducing…

Black Ops Beehemoth

Okay, okay, it’s green. That aside, this one giant bee would replace the event, and this is the bee you would kill to get your loot.

It would be immune to ALL status effects except curse. It has 100,000 HP(+5% per person in the realm), 40 DEF, and is fast. It can either circle the setpiece, strafe, or simply move erratically. It goes all around the setpiece. It only has one attack:
This does 100 damage armor piercing and he fires 8 of them omnidirectionally every 2.5 seconds. It has short range(1 tile) so treat the Beehemoth as an ice sphere. The upside is that this boss is always vulnerable, meaning you don’t have to back away to get your soulbound. Once you hit it with everything you got, it will go into the center, flash, and then explode into 20 of these shots. This WILL kill you if you stand on it. He drops the same things the Beehemoths would normally drop, so every color armor, every color quiver, and the Nest would be a guaranteed drop should you kill this event.

The Dungeon itself

Honestly, Nest seems like such a cool dungeon; it’s a source of so much loot, yet simultaneously, a source of so little. In other words, it’s far, FAR too dangerous most of the time to do this dungeon without a giant group, and even then it’s difficult to get SB. So, here are a few ideas I have:

1. Make the Killer Bee drop a guaranteed Greater Life. You’re probably thinking, What?! But this boss is significantly more difficult than all Shatts bosses, maybe even combined, and considering how long it takes to clear this dungeon(addressed later), you deserve more than some measly “Greater Dex”, which is also counterproductive considering most characters who can complete this dungeon have already maxed dex. That being said, the boss should also have a chance to drop Greater Defense or Vitality. Considering how important these stats are to many players, especially tanks, this would be a good balance.

2. Always have the treasure room en route to the Queen Bee’s Room. That way, players who would’ve nexused at this difficult boss STILL get a chance to walk away with some compensation from a still-difficult-although-less boss. Beekeeper should drop potions of Greater Defense as well, as one def pot is simply not enough to warrant fighting him. The two types of rooms in which the troom can be found in will still be there, and the secret boss will be accessed from those rooms.

3. HP SCALING!!! Because there are so many enemies within the Nest as it is, I’ll only focus on the two bosses and their reworked stats.

KQB: 140,000 HP(+5% per player in the dungeon)

That way, you still get a difficult boss but in half the time to conventionally complete the dungeon and a better chance at SB loot.

Beekeeper: 70,000 HP(+5% per player in the dungeon)

1. There is always a direct path to the Boss. The amount of rooms can change and all that, but it’s heavily unrewarding to hit a dead end, especially in this dungeon. Because teleportation is disabled it can take a very long time to finish this dungeon. Making it one-path would make it much quicker to do, while still maintaining the difficulty.

2. This is a bit of an experimental idea, but I feel that the Killer Honey should daze. Of course, with an easier layout and less HP on the boss, there should be an element that is more difficult. Killer Honey as it stands is reskinned Lava. But because a lot of the theme has to do with slowing, and danger simultaneously, dazing would really make the dungeon a lot more difficult, while still maintaining the risk vs reward.

These are just some thoughts I had on the MT/Nest. If you want a TL;DR, just read the bolded statements and you’ll be g u c c i.

Thanks for reading!

Only thing the nest needs

It drops life and some really good whites which are rewarding enough

The event is unique and fun, if a little tedious at the beginning, however there is a lot of grinding in this game, tedious is a common thing

And trooms should NEVER be intentionally on the direct route to the boss

Event is legit a spooky boi that last longer and is actually worth fighting.

I understand your concerns about the troom. Tbh I’m kinda hesitant on the idea myself. I guess my main concern is that often the dungeon takes way too long. If there were two pathways: one to troom, the other to boss, would that be better? That way the same thing happens BUT you have a choice then.

The whites are really great, but honestly the pots are measly for the amount of time to put in the dungeon.

When talking about event, do you mean the one we have now, or the one that I proposed? If the former, then I respectfully disagree; it is tedious, and I wouldn’t even compare Grinding to this; it’s deadly, takes way too long to clear the event, and the Beehemoths will kill you so quickly that it’s not worth doing. There’s a reason why everyone always skips it, not to mention that Nest isn’t even guaranteed.

But if it’s the latter I understand what you mean! I wanted this to be a more unique event; a chase event if you will. That’s why he’s always vulnerable; so that way, you can still get SB while getting a semi-difficult challenge.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you! I wanted it to be a unique event, so that’s why it’s a “chase” event as opposed to one where you have to just beat a boss.

I understand where you are coming from here but I will have to disagree with you saying the Beehemoths being dangerous, while they are deadly, their shots are easy to avoid and require only a simple retreat to avoid entirely, as to no one doing it I’ve seen it done in plenty of realms, all I had to do was clear a few mini nests which wasn’t too bad and didn’t take too long and then the tedious part is over, however if I were to compare it I would say that the best event is among the less deadly, however the one you suggested is basically a joke and would be a whole lot more tedious, so my personal thought would be that that event is in no way an improvement and while you wish it to be unique if I’m honest, the simplicity and attack style has almost 0 uniqueness compared to the present event which is very unique

In which realms do you see the Nest event get cleared? From what I’ve seen no one ever clears them, or does them in any realm. Clearing the mini-nests is repetitive, boring, and requires way too many people to actually be viable. It’s a joke of an event, and still dangerous for less reward than 3 separate events. With this new one, it might not be that exciting, but it’s far less tedious and guarantees more loot.

Ones I’m in since I do the mini nests first

As soon as you get to the main hive everyone jumps in since the tedious part is gone

Tbh what i said was designed to be a criticism of your idea but now that you point out it is a chase event im actually coming to terms with it. I think it is a bit too bland though so something extra should be added like a variation in attacks of some sort or a unique layout of the event spawn area.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.