Ideas for new Status Effects

Status Effect Ideas

So we already have an array of status effects that effect abilities and attributes of characters of RotMG:

• Slow/Paralyze = Speedy
  • Weak = Damaging
  • Daze/Stunned = Berserk
  • Armored/Invulnerable = Armor Broken/Exposed
  • Bleeding/Sick = Healing

But there are some that don’t have equivalents, so I’m proposing some:

Positive Status Effects

Blessed
Affected target recieves 20% less damage (applied after defense).
Affects enemies and players.

Radiance
Visibility remains the same. The player and prevents enemies that are within range from displaying red dots on the minimap. All entities inside of the area are completely invisible, and will not be able to damage the player unless outside the AoE.
Only affects players.

Restored
Un-stasises within an AoE.
Affects enemies and players.

Unleash
All damage inflicted will only deal 75% of original damage (applied after defense) and damage dealt will be increased by 25%.
Affects enemies and players

Negative Status Effects

Depleted
Player will be drained of 20MP/second.
Only affects players

HP Decrease
Decreases HP by [x] for a set period. Affected by Vitality; the more vitality a player has, the less health is deducted.
Only affects players

Supressed
Stops Mana from regenerating for a set period.
Only affects players.

Unholy
No positive status effects can take effect.
Affects enemies and players

Taki no Ikari

Yes please, bring them all - with new classes to wield some of them of course. :slight_smile:
And could add them onto some older items if appropriate.

Explain radiance further plox for my limited mind o lord redox

Im pretty sure what it is is that every enemy in range on your minimap (the ones show up red) disappear off your minimap and become invisible to you on screen but can’t damage you unless its outside of your minimap range.

and @CaesarVIII

It’s basically the opposite of darkness. Enemies that are within a radius are not registered and cannot damage the player, only those outside can attack from a range and deal damage, so you basically become invincible within certain range for a set period.

Oh don’t worry, I and @ItsGrandma are creating 5 new classes and I hope to use these and some other new ones that I haven’t listed here on them.

good god

:+1:

I hope they don’t disappoint.

radiance seems way overpowered, as you can basically sit on an enemy and tank its non piercing shots (even if you dont take any damage, i’ve seen people tank ava shots but no damage appears above their head)

I love every single one. Debuffs and buffs; their well made and I would LOVE to see these added to the game.

But 1 question, The debuff “Supressed” , would that include pet MPheal?

Yes, it’s just the mana equivalent to sick.

Alright, I love it. That’s pretty damn balanced if I do say so myself haha
Add to the game please Deca

I see what you’re saying, but the enemies become invisible within the radius so you couldn’t damage them either. If you sat on the Avatar of the Forgotten King whilst being “radiant” you’d either die once it wore off or just do it or the hell of sitting on an Avatar, there really are no benefits.

How about depressed, a status effect that’s permanent on all characters and it’s just the game.

that could seriously ruin a void run if people are eping the boss

Read

cough cough samurai

I think blessed is more like heaven/angel stuff . I would make it ,Increases healing effects by 20% on target"

thats the fucking point they cant damage void so the void run fails

It’s a status effect on the PLAYER just like darkness, the rest of the group does not get affected.