Ideas for new Status Effects

Blessed is the opposite to cursed.

it never says anywhere whether its to be used on self or if its a party effect
and im saying you could do it next to wizards eping something and boom they cant see the boss because they’re sitting on it

It doesn’t need to, it’s describing the status effect so just assume that it applies to a single target.

“Blessed” serves more or less the same purpose as “Armored”.
“Depleted” and “Suppressed” are just worse versions of “Quiet”.

“Restored” seems so specific and pointless. It’s basically “Cancel the mystic’s ability”.

“Radiance” is interesting but is seems like a pain to implement, especially when you get down to the details. Keep in mind that in Realm “enemies” don’t do damage, their projectiles do. Since “enemies” inside the area become invisible it should mean their projectiles from said enemies also become invisible? Otherwise, there would be no real point, you’d still get hit. But what happens to the projectiles if the boss teleports? Do the projectiles just magically spawn as well? This needs a lot of chiseling and effort to make it work and it seems like there are so many edge cases to take into consideration.

Personally, I don’t understand the wording on “Unleash”? It says that damage will deal 75%, but then damage will be increased by 25%?

“Unholy” should only be able to affect players because if it affects enemies, bosses won’t be able to go “immune”, which will cheese out most fights (unless you make ALL bosses immune to it, but at that point why bother?)

“HP decrease” is simple and balanced. Seems like a nice idea, albeit a bit boring.

TL;DR:
I agree that more status effects would perhaps make Realm more fun, but just adding whatever comes to our heads without putting a lot of thought into it and coming up with criticism is not the best idea. You risk making the game overfilled with pointless things. One of the beauties of RotMG is its simplicity.

Divine Dragon [ST Archer Set]

what even is unleash based off anyway tbh

No it doesn’t, that’s like saying Curse serves the same purpose as Damaging.

Not really, one stops mana from regenerating, but you can still use it and the other depletes it but you can still use it.

It would be better suited to mid-tier enemies.

I may change it to being usable by enemies only.

No harder to implement than Darkness, it follows the same rule and concept, just reversed in terms of visibility.

No, any new projectiles that are shot out will then appear and hit you, even if the effect is still active.
Any shots outside of the AoE can still damage the player.

Incoming damage will deal 75% of its original and yours will be increased by +25%.

Same as HP Increase which is in-game.

???
You think I just thought of these one day and decided to make a post on it, Realm needs new status effects so I took the time to think of balanced effects that others would deem suitable for the game.

I don’t really see how it’s pointless, and I don’t risk anything.
You may want to think about how you word things because you’re beginning to come off a bit rude to me.

These effects don’t stray away from the pre-existing ones.

Nothing, just thought of an idea of absorbing damage and then “unleashing” it upon enemies.

Blessed is totally different. Armored is OP. It’s a compromise between no defense buff and to much buff. It’s good.

There’s a reason why there’s Silence. Because Quiet is sometimes too OP. These are nice balance additions.

You don’t know how useful or annoying that could be. Mystics will have a hard time trolling at times and won’t be able to dominate a boss by simply tackling one minion/boss at a time.

Um… Darkness??? Have you played the game yet?

To OP: I like the ideas. They’re quite interesting. But I think it’ll need further testing and things to fully balance. Good job!

I may just give this to enemies to make stasising minions more of a challenge.

My point exactly.

Thanks, man. :blush:

Definitely, but they’re ideas at best and they make the game slightly more diverse with less repetitive effects.
If any were ever implemented it would make introducing a new class all-the-more interesting.

I feel we have to many buffs already more buffs will just make mobs die faster then they already do

Ok?

But we need more variety.
What is the likelyhood that you’ll have all classes in one area to buff each other so all buffs could take effect?

You’re treading a very fine line between “adding new ideas” and “going overboard”.

How is it going overboard?

May be 10+ now…

So here’s a question, how would a melee be able to damage something when they have the ‘reversed’ darkness effect? They wouldn’t have much range in order to attack something outside of the hidden view.

I’m thinking to make the radius 2.5 tiles or so which would mean Melee’s have 1 tile that their swords can reach outside the aura.

Sounds good. But isn’t there like a .5 second delay between enemies appearing and disappearing when you have the ‘reversed’ or regular darkness effect?

If that’s the way darkness works, it should apply to this too. :+1:t5:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.