[Ideas Section] Sprite/Lore Request Subsection?

Hey everyone, lately I’ve been thinking that it would be great if there was a place on the forums were people could request sprites and lore for their ideas. Decent sprites and lore can really make an idea feel more complete and polished, even if the stats/concept is the exact same.

Maybe there could be a ‘Requests’ subsection in the ideas category where people could post requests for artwork, UIs, lore, in game item descriptions, etc. so that their ideas will be more well received by the community and can be better showcased.

This would also provide good practice for sprite makers and writers who don’t have ideas to create artwork and lore for.

Thanks for reading! What do you think about this idea? Any concerns or constructive criticism?

That goes against the main idea of #ideas, which is for complete ideas.

Wouldn’t it help create more complete ideas, since people would be able to expand their ideas fully with the help of other forum users?

A WIP subsection for the #ideas section is something many forumers (myself included) have wanted for a while now, but sadly we don’t have it. Sprite and lore requests could very well be placed on such a section.

It would, yes, but it would also make many people put less quality into their ideas. Why waste time making your own sprites when you can request for someone else to do it?

To be honest, a lot of Ideas currently in the ideas section isn’t worthy of the ideas section. I’ve given my piece of mind here

As for where we should go, I believe the correct section now is Community Hub, as it is a Community Request/project

Edit: If you don’t mind extending beyond the forums, we do have a discord for developing ideas here

Because you can’t?

Some people just can’t make decent sprites, so they ask for help. It’s not unheard of.

But I also wouldn’t want to discourage people from trying to make sprites, so you might have a point.

It would fit in very nicely with any potential Work In Progress subforum.

Collaboration is a good thing, eg. if you have an awesome idea in words but can’t make the pixel art do it justice.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.