If duping were to be completely eliminated, would you want UT trading?

• Yes, make UTs (and other soulbound equipment) tradeable
  • No, keep soulbound UTs as they are

0 voters

just curious to see how the community feels about this pretty old topic. haven’t seen any polls for it yet so here it is :slight_smile:

It should be regulated, but making UT/ST items tradable overall is a good idea.

Not going to participate in the vote because I’m pretty conflicted on this. Some could definitely be tradeable and make everyone’s lives easier, but making event whites obtainable through merching is a no-no to me.

Personally I would think that they at least make the new t13 weapons and amour tradable as it would add another element to trading since the only really top tier thing these days is Decades Ring.

No. You think RWT and bot spam is a problem now? Just imagine if they changed from just trading tiered gear, pots (stuff many of us happily give away) to all the most valuable items in the game.

Other than that: why bother playing the game to get the white/set item you really need when you can just buy it with whatever rare crap you find? Or with $$ from some shady site?

All current items in game would need to become soulbound then all new items could be trade able.

thats just going to piss off most or all of the playerbase

Yes, if it remains a completely optional feature and duping is not present, then there is absolutely no harm to adding it.
(Plus, there isn’t really any other way to make the economy relevant again)

I don’t think you understand the concept of the question

Personally, trading is a pretty lackluster system right now because of the lack of options, if duping were to be completely eliminated, I personally would say yes. Before the rise of duping everything was unsb and it seemed to work out well (though with the new, larger community, who knows?) and there are many items I would love to try, like Void Quiv or Cult Staff, but never will be able to due to my unwillingness to do discord raids due to them making the game intensely easy and meaningless, however if I could save up life to buy Decas, and then Decas to buy LH Whites (or maybe certain other UTs that may come inbetween), I could reasonably try them out.

I see what you did there

sorry

But in all seriousness (and this isn’t directed at you Gamma, I just quoted you to sh*tpost) I would be STRONGLY in favor of UT trading.

The main reason? I believe everyone should have a chance to try out all the white bags. Potion drops are GUARANTEED from many places, as opposed to white bag(and orange bag but you know what I mean) drops which are RNG-BASED. But many of these powerful items are very useful, but also in limited supply for many players. Very few players have enough event whites, for example, to constantly be willing to risk them in many dangerous situations.

This would essentially allow for something similar to the idea about doing X bosses to get a guaranteed drop of Y white bag (except in this case it’s X bosses that guarantee pot drops which can be exchanged for many other things).

I guess UT exchange is coming up though, and I think that might be good enough for me. We’ll have to see.

Many rare boss drops are purchasable from other players in many other MMOs. I don’t see why not.

That is a game design problem though, how supposedly hard, endgame content can be easily steamrollered. There is no simple fix; a co-operative shooter like ROTMG is always going to have an issue with balance.

But there are things they can do. They’ve already reduced the rewards for that dungeon, so not everyone gets pots. Adding IC/OOC will help undo the damage to balance due to OP pets, as will giving enemies immunity and cooldowns from stun and similar effects.

Letting you trade their UTs instead is exactly the wrong solution. The best solution is to make the game challenging – fair but challenging – again.

I had an idea long ago about rentals, but that just sounds like another source of income for Deca…

unless deca braindead, ut trading will never happen

silly wish…

It’s not a wish, more a hypothetical situation for discussion. Care to expand on why DECA would be braindead to let UT trading happen though?

What’s the point of rentals? What if you die with the item?

My take on it. I’d definitely support being able to trade lower end UTs, that have no reason to be soulbound. Does it really make a difference if I can buy a Pyra instead of a UBHP? I think not, and as someone who has horrible luck on higher end rings specifially, it’d be a welcome change. You have to decide where to draw the line though, because there are some STs items that are straight downgrades/upgrades to UTs, but the fact that they’re tradable mitigates that. Will Puri just straight become the new geb, with the same price, which would give groups more steamroll power? Then where do the legacy/New STs go, because right now, you could get away with making Etherite for example the same as old etherite (however much the P2W crowd would moan) but what do we do with old ghastly drape and new? As an item that was introduced purely to combat duping, would new versions be removed entirely, or just left as a monument to the horrible state the game was once in.

Even if DECA addressed all these issues, players in 2013(?) weren’t subject to the burnout of an endgame player in 2020 who just wants to get that jugg after 7 years. After screwing around with it, they either conclude it’s overrated or die with it and quit because they have no more goals. In this case, I’m more anticipating a 3rd scenario: I’ve got my white, done pretty much everything, I’ll lay this game to rest now. 4th scenario - I’ve ground so hard for this item, and now any merchant red star could get one wtf decker.
Skandlng:

this will make RWT worse

It won’t. RWT would have a harder time even FINDING the items, they’re not inheretly skilled players, just people looking to earn some profit off a game they’ve found a loophole in. Even if they bought from players themselves, their stock would be limited -> higher prices -> deincentivisation for peopl nw to RWT to try it.

You… lose a deposit?

I accidentally voted, my answer is inbetween yes and no. It’s hard to exactly point out where the line should be drawn, but to put it simply:

Low and mid-tier UTs should be un-soulbound. This would refer to the UTs gotten from the midland, highland and godland dungeons. So items such as dblade and dbow would fall under this category

Some high-tier UTs, on maybe a case-by-case review, can be unsoulbound, like the rings from the Tomb, or the cyan bag equipment from Davies and OT.

Most high and end-tier UTs should remain soulbound, and this is where things get a bit more complex. This would refer to UTs gotten from event bosses, end-game dungeons (particularly the ones that can drop any of the 3 runes) or limited-edition/special-themed items like the cores from the alien planets and their successors, event-related items such as most reskinned items, shard items like all of the oryx equipment and crystal key, etc.

It’s not an easy question to answer on point, it’s likely more analysis and thought should be put into it, cuz last thing we want is to make items like crowns and conflicts tradable. We have to take into account their intrinsic value due to their rarity, as making such items un-soulbound hurts their value.

Right now the biggest problem RWT sites have is the lack of stuff they can sell. Tops, pots, a couple of sets, Ring of Decades. Except for Deca rings none of that is especially valuable, which both limits their appeal to most players and the profits they can make.

Making UTs tradeable would massively expand their ability to make money. They would have little difficulty obtaining stuff. I like many players end up throwing away or feeding UTs and STs I cannot use and have no space for. Someone willing to pay $ for them would have no problems finding sellers.

They don’t operate in a vacuum. If they become much more profitable at least some of that is money that does not get spent in-game, hurting DECA’s revenue and damaging the game. It also gives them more money to spend on promotion, including in-game promotion, such as bots.

And DECA have already announced a way for players to get UTs they have not been able to find in-game: UT recycling. We have few clues how it will work, but it sounds like it will go a long way to satisfy those who want UT trading to access particular items, without the trading aspect which can be abused for profit.