If duping were to be completely eliminated, would you want UT trading?

I’d use it only for trading it to a mule account to keep my vault clean (have 5 chests yet as a f2p player). But that would be nice.

Players get drawn into the RWT community because of dupes. A quick look at the “vouches channel” (I joined using a spambot’s link) has most of their profit at farming, and duping. If UTs were tradable, no one would buy farming services, help in obtaining white bags is already adertised and sold, this wouldn’t make a difference. A look in their #vouches has items being “sold” already with service times akin to a few hours. IK we’re getting UT forge, was just imagining if we didn’t (there’d be no point to this thread if not.)

Yeah also no one would buy vaults then.

It was just idea, nothing was thought out, maybe you’ll have to deposit another white/ST for collateral?

This is actually the one thing I hate the most about the game. Powerful items have nothing to do with your skill or something that you can really control; instead, they’re RNG-based. And yes, you could grind endlessly to boost your chances of acquiring an item, but there is still no guarantee.

That being said, the game is fundamentally grind-oriented at this point in time, which I personally believe to be not in alignment with the original game and is more of what the game has evolved into over time.

Personally though, I wish the game was more oriented around skill and cooperation (as the grindlike nature of the current game is what has driven many players to quit and what also forces DECA to keep launching events over and over again to sustain the game) but it is probably impossible as there are too many deep obstacles in the way of certain proposed changes.

Some of these other changes would be focused on dramatically increasing the difficulty of many parts of the game while simultaneously weakening the pain of permadeath, especially with powerful items that are wholly RNG-based, and I believe UT trading to be one of those steps that should be taken to achieve this goal.

I believe that un-soulbounding UTs is just a tiny portion of a massive series of reworks that I would support that would change the game radically from how it is now. And of course, I understand that it’s probably impossible because, as with any radical change, those who support the status quo will be against it.

One the Ut exchange has already been hinted at, but to be honest I have been playing so long with Ut’s being untradeable, and i was here playing when they were, and when there was Ut weekends, been here since release year, but back to my point, I have grown used to them NOT being tradeable, and have earned so many white bags that i never thought id get without them being tradeable. I am a whitebag hunter, i want to have every whitebag in the game on my account/in vault not died/dead with them. I am also an avid event white hunter and i almost have all of them, i need 3 more. I used to buy Ut’s i needed back in the day on ut weekends but now that i am older, when i get an event white after 6 months of an attempt, the feeling, the rush of the achievement feels IMMACULATE, (just got my first tablet after 763 ava’s 2 days ago) I feel like ut’s being tradeable is nice, was nice, but would take away from the feeling of seeing the beautiful white bag drop. although you could just choose to not buy ut’s, You would never know if someone bought it or when to ground town to get it.The flex of having a nice character with items you know someone had to grind to get would be gone from the game. I hope my post goes noticed, and many people agree.

ultimately i did not vote because i really don’t know.

I completely agree with the grinding nature of the game, and am sad to see that this is what has happened over time, i have seen many people drained of life since the start of this year alone, even myself cant bring myself to grind after the start of the exalt event, i see people complaining on reddit and on some of the forums on here, and am greatly saddened.

It’s not impossible, but it’d be a gruellingly hard process, the in-combat update should make it alot easier since most people who would hate that direction either get accustomed or leave tbh.

I will not vote for either option because the second choice is “keep UTs sb as they are”, and I do not think leaving the situation unchanged is good for the players or for the game itself. the current system for UTs is insufferable, intolerable, and inexcusable.

I would leave them sb, making them tradeable to anyone for anything would eventually lead to their devaluation in the current state of the game with the size of the playerbase and the constant chest events, and it’d give RWT a massive boost in the time window before they become worthless.

I would not leave UT drops as purely RNG-based. I would like to just boost their drop rates to the heavens and be done with it, but keys make that approach as foolish as unsb-ing them. a pity timer would be practically necessary, and it might also be a good idea to award personal skill when deciding whether or not to drop. beating a boss without taking any damage from it could give the player a 50%-100% chance to drop a white or something, and a dramatic pity timer boost if it doesn’t. that’d discourage players from the facetanking meta, although in cases without piercing shots like cube god and skull shrine it’d be way too easy to cheese such a system so either enemies like that would need reworking or just be exempt from the system. another option might be beating the boss in a certain time limit could give boosted drop rates + pity timer acceleration. lots of players already play that way so it wouldn’t have a huge effect, but it’d be something at least.

there’s probably some other alternatives that might work better that I can’t think of right now.

What are your thoughts on the planned ut exchange system as opposed to the pity timer and/or increased drop rates based on certain criteria that you mentioned?

I’d also love for droprates to be variable based on your performance in a dungeon, but unfortunately the only metric rn is dps. Something like “team player” for highest healing priest or the cognizant warrior who positions themself to buff allies, or even soloing content. Of course these all have issues but the general idea stands. Would take a lot of work for sure

YES! the trading side of rotmg is getting extremely boring…

YES
gimme all those bulwarks, dblades, spirit staves and eps seriously imma buy em dirt cheap but at least imma buy em all

I honestly hope it goes away, cauze it only flexes on the fact that he only had to be patient and/or lucky. I like flexing if you thought about what you wanna use and how: is it a set to grind a particular dungeon, or is it based around one item? You look at someone’s set and try to get into his line of thoughts, then you ask him and he tells you ‘‘oh, in fact its just to look good’’

:man_facepalming: M E H :man_facepalming:

UT being unsoulbound will (yes, i put ‘‘will’’ instead of ‘‘would’’ even though i know unsb is unlikely to happen) prevent people from wanting to farm for an item for years just to find out its not the insane broken perfect pristine ultimate uncounterable item they thought it was, and I think its a good thing.

I agree, calculating performance purely on dps while having the threshold very low is REALLY mind-numbing. Its part of why grinding is aggravating, because you just have to survive and shoot. Being rewarded based on your other deeds will reward playing a certain way or specializing into something specific, making your goal into something else than KILL IT BEFORE IT KILLS YOU.

sounds great, in theory anyway. it’d depend on the details of how it gets implemented. one thing that might be worth keeping in mind for the final implementation (however that ends up working) is that depending on how it’s made it might not fix the issue that arises when someone can’t get anything rather than not being able to get one specific thing. cuz if you don’t have any UTs to exchange you can’t use the UT exchange.

it might be worth considering having bosses drop small amounts of UT craft material (at least I think that’s the system they’re working with atm) on its own at a decent chance so you can at least make some tangible guaranteed* progress. that’s one of the things I liked about the motmg alien event, yeah it was really fucking grindy, but it heavily relied on guaranteed token drops so you were guaranteed to be rewarded in the end. none of this “I’ve been running voids for a year and still don’t have an omni” business we’ve got everywhere else.

I’m a fan of this.

Like I’ve said before, ROTMG wears too many hats.

If you have a grindy game, you upset the hardcore crowd that hates grinding.

The developers want to have players die more often. This will inevitably cause more grinding.

I think it’s good that people who want to play the game at a faster pace have the option to do so.

As long as the white bag drop is real I don’t see why it can’t be traded.

I recently saw some of the very old droprates back when UTs were tradable. You know, the ones that someone made a video about?
Frankly, UTs are in at least a better state being untradable, as this theoretically allows for higher drop rates - which are currently being suppressed by the existence of keys, as Xak pointed out earlier.

I’d also be against unsoulbinding lesser UTs to prevent any further inconsistency.
One change that I sincerely hope is possible is changing the “definition” for the Halloween/Christmas/Easter tiered item reskins. They’re not UTs, but because they can’t be defined as tiered - thanks WS - they’re forced to wear the tag anyway, confusing newer players.

As for basing it on skill, an alternative approach might not be “wow, you beat the boss with restrictions”, but maybe just “wow, you beat the boss”? It could be a terrible idea, of course, but increasing the general difficulty of staying alive - something IC/OoC will do to pet owners - would allow for higher droprates in of itself, I reckon.
(Same goes for decreasing group damage output, as the longer something takes, the better the rates may be)

look, I can see that more than 50% people want ut trading enable if duping completely eliminated?haha

anyway im too lazy to explain tit for tat or something, if you use a bit brain, i believe you know the reason.
you know rwt still problem in this game right?

eg : you buy a legacy pixie from your close friend with money, your friend get money profit, you get a cool weapon, nobody else know so nobody reporting…happy ending?

so if duping were to be completely eliminated, would you want still want ut trading?
sorry my answer remain same

While I of course can’t give you a Yes/No answer to a question with this much implication on the future of the game, I’d like to add my own thoughts on this.

In a world where duping is not an issue (one that I wish very dearly could happen sooner rather than later) the biggest issue with UTs becoming trade-able in my eyes is that they serve as chase items and progression for a huge chunk of the game. Making them easier to obtain via trading has an issue of leaving players with a lack of goal and reason to keep going. in the current state of the game where characters can live for a very long time this is in particular pretty likely to let players amass items without ever a need to diversify their activities (Lost Halls being one of the only source of progression already causes a similar issue for example).

None of the above is impossible to fix and we are working on introducing more progression via exaltations for reasons such as this to allow UTs to not be the only way to progress past 8/8 characters. As some people pointed out we are slowly trying to push the game towards a gameplay loop that involves death a lot more, the permadeath aspect of realm is what makes the game very different and special from other games in the genre, but involving death more doesn’t necessarily means making the game only accessible by the most hardcore of players. We are absolutely aware that on the long term the current item distribution will need to be improved for this to work, UT Exchange is one step towards that and we’ll take more if necessary over time.

While I can’t really say if we’ll ever bring back UT Trading in such a world, I can at least say that we are painfully aware that trading has severely degraded due to lack of options to sell or buy, duping is the number one reasons for why the majority of items added those days are soulbound as we otherwise simply can’t control the amount that will exist in the game leading to possible unbalance and impossibility for any rarity.

Trading is one aspect of the game we’d really like to improve in the long term future, whether it’s via UT Trading or not will depends on the impact such a change would have on character progression, impact on recovering from deaths and if the time come for us to make the decision on it we’ll definitely look at feedback such as this thread to help us make the right choice.

(Also some of those suggestions for the current state of UTs are definitely interesting, keep them coming.)

I only have one thing that worries me about your plans of future progression and that’s if exaltation is just stats and not any sort of unique traits for classes, it’ll end up just being repetitive and uninteresting to most people as it’ll just be like another grind for pots. The idea of it being personalized to each class as you implied is great however all we saw in the preview was increases to stats and a few other things like weapon damage or at best a minor loot drop increase, something above 8/8 is a huge turning point and it would be wise to spend it on something that actually feels different from just drinking pots and is in favor of unique builds and cool traits or abilities, because if you make it just stats that will have permanent implications, it’ll be too late to change it eventually, and you won’t be able to add more progression ontop of it to rectify the mundanity of it without becoming unbalanced, those are my 2 cents on the matter.

In a way Exaltation is more meant to give extra meaning and structure to the existing progression of farming end-game dungeon rather than be an expansion, it’s why the rewards have a more limited impact than something like a Skill Tree would for example. It’s about contextualizing our existing content to provide them with a real purpose for existing beyond a few UT items you may never need due to not playing those classes. One of our focus has been to try and fix as much of the game as we believe need it following Exalt before heading towards expanding, this includes Progression, Balance, Fame as we’ve already shared but there’s still a few more topics we’d like to address in the future like the Realm itself for example, until all of this work is done it’s hard for us to justify a proper expansion of player capabilities and powers without the proper content designed around it to back it up.