If duping were to be completely eliminated, would you want UT trading?

New players (very new) have pets that heal like 7 hp every 2-3 seconds, they aren’t gonna suffer. Even with a max rare most bosses can out dps the healing, so I have to back out to heal anyways, IC/OoC won’t effect me backing out to heal in the slightest. So not only does this not effect new players. It barely effects mid-tier players. This is really only going to have a meaningful effect on players with Legendary or Divine pets, and that effect is going to, without a doubt, be a step in the right direction.

Sounds like a solid nerf to PPEs and makes trading more incentivised

Makes PPEs impressive again

I don’t have much to say except ic/ooc, whatever that may be, is not at all part of what I was talking about… I also agree with the dude above that that isn’t a solution for new player retention and balance at all, not related topic…

Edit: I also don’t know why you quoted me on that, given the context of the rest of my post, that was the most generic sentence to quote me on.

Edit 2: Also because it came up somewhere in this thread, UT trading is something that 100% helps new players. It’s crazy to argue otherwise.

A simple example is a new player gets a quiver of thunder randomly, or any other realm white bag, maybe even really lucky and gets a few shots in a cube god for a CDirk. They can then trade that for upwards of 100 + def pots, through trading decas and gls, and they can use that for lots of lower tier gear and pots to max up. The Quiver of Thunder, CDirk, or other white is of much much less use to a new player than a maxed experienced player, who can use it on the bosses they should, safely, without dying with it. New players just die with this gear, or vault it forever… It’s just obviously helpful to newer players to be able to trade UTs.

My thoughts exactly. We’ve all seen noobs get lucky with valuable items. Rather than die with them, they could sell them to build up their characters.

That’s assuming they don’t get scammed by the more experienced players, which is extremely likely to be what’s gonna happen instead.

I mean that happens everywhere in life and all other games with trading, that’s not rotmg exclusive. Lol it’s better to learn those types of life lessons to avoid getting scammed in a game than real life. As someone who was a new player once while all items were traded, I can say I never got really scammed any more than when I’ve recently started playing again in some high value trades anyhow. That’s all part of gaining experience.

Edit: Also keep in mind some UT’s are low value anyhow, and opening trading to those UT’s is also helpful to new players (https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/chasuble-of-holy-light as example, most players would just give these out to newer players as a decent robe upgrade)

I think you should’ve checked out what it all entails.
What I don’t understand is how a doubling of regen can’t be seen as a buff to newer players. The worst thing it brings - so far - is a reduction in the damage that buffed groups bring…which is compensated for by a reduction in enemies’ max HP.

Thanks, actually I hadn’t read that or seen it yet. I didn’t realize they had provided more details. In the way they’ve described it, it doesn’t sound bad to me actually, and I do see how it should be helpful to new players if it is well implemented. It’s a big change though so we’ll see how it goes. I didn’t read through all the way, and maybe they highlight this, but there has been a ton of content designed based on the overpowered large groups with pets, and I think that content needs a heavy adjustment. But I feel this could be very good for the game, taking more emphasis off steamrolling and putting more into dodging bullets. I really don’t like situations of just standing and tanking shots, and ultimately agree they shouldn’t be in a bullet hell permadeath game.

Anyhow regardless, it’s a little off topic in this thread though I suppose, and still just to stay on topic, I still do support UT trading regardless of what the ic/ooc brings to the game.

I can see I’m not going to change your mind on this, but you’re definitely still wrong.

Like it or not, the lost halls “meatball” has always been a haven for noobs and proves exactly why you are wrong. I’m not debating whether the halls meatball was a good thing or the game or not, but it definitely was a bastion of safety.

In the lost halls meatball, players with divine pets would spam heals, drop mseals, and provide other buffs including increased HP.

You forget that high level pets benefit not only that player, but also the people around them.

You keep trying to nerf pets, which will lower the amount of constant healing. Priest can’t spam puris as much.

You also wanted to nerf armored, which will lower the meatball’s defense.

There is no way these nerfs will improve survivability.

Unless you’re trying to tell me killing Limon 5 seconds faster is somehow going to help noobs.

Maybe it will help the noobs complete the simplest of dungeons, but overall these changes will undoubtedly make the game more tedious for all players.

Unless Deca is willing to abandon the grindy nature of the game and really buff up some of the drops, these changes will just make the game more miserable.

To keep the thread on topic, I also do not think the UT system Deca is creating will be an appropriate solution.

We don’t know the conversion ratios. However, trading 5 gemstones for 1 crown is just unacceptable. Mark my words, I predict this “UT Conversion” system will be so convoluted it won’t be worth using. It pretty much violates the KISS rule from what we’ve seen.

realm was ruined by pets.
itss tough to say that but its true
The harshness of dying and losing everything was the only way the game is sustainable to GROW HUGE
but we cant go back because yall will cry over your spent dollars…
UT Trading and 11.5k fame for ammys of resurrections=rotmg prime time.
& its still feasible with Lost Halls and all the progress of the developers but…pets…

Guys lets not forget about the fact deca is working on a ut exchanging system.

The problem is there’s a high likelihood the exchange rate won’t be very close to 1:1.

This topic is relevant again

God exists

Unless you take that as “UTs were tradable in the past, which was a part of the game’s life”. I’m honestly leaning towards that, in spite of its cheesiness.

The question was if they “will be” so it isn’t the past unless they misread that

I don’t particularly care either way, but tbh if it WERE implemented I doubt I’d use it over the UT exchange in most cases.

One thing I wanna adress: UTs being tradeable will allow people to walk past UTs they dont want to try out, even more than what feeding pet allows. If you’re forced to play with say Esben staff, you might start to like it. But if you can feed it or trade it away, you’re missing out on an item you would’ve liked, if you gave it a try.

sorry for the slight bump, but tbh i disagree
I don’t think that would be enough of an issue to argue against ut trading, since i really dont think players would not give their new shiny white bag some time to play around with. Speaking from experience. More importantly, I think it would allow players to test out new uts even more since they’re more accessible to the average player, since, you know, you would be able to trade for ones you havent had yet.