If you had to change one thing about Realm to make it better, what would it be?

Hello :slight_smile:

I was wondering what you guys think could be changed about Realm. What’s the singular change you would make to most positively impact the entire community/game?

Thanks

-Vulf

That is a very broad question and honestly, there’s not really one single change that could put the game in a healthier spot…

Though if I had to choose, it’d probably bee an overhaul of the levelling system in some capacity. It’s just kind of a redundancy given how quickly you can process through it, and given the rate at which your stats increase compared to after hitting level 20, it’s kind of a weird way to set up a game’s pace.
Though this in turn would lead me to want to revise the way the Realm is set up in terms of difficulty distribution, and also how stats are translated into calculation and how wack it actually is in terms of using stat-boosting equipment, and…egh. You get my point, I hope.

Alternatively, I would give the Reinforced Root Armor a vit-boosting proc, instead of its leftover speed-reducing proc.

Partially because I think it would be funny, and partially for shifting the culture, I would want keys to be removed from the game, or at least the purchasable ones. Stuff you find in events would be ok, I guess. (I know that removes a money making opportunity etc., just a pipe dream).

If not that, I’d probably wish something simple, like buffing Rising Fury to auto charge when moving, even at the price of lower damage. It would make another pet ability more worth using…

Require just one rune to open o3, could come up with something else but it’s too unrealisitic.

Very thorough answer, thank you. And I meant to keep it broad but ask for one answer. You definitely pointed out something I overlooked while compiling a list of problems. Thank you :slight_smile: I always thought the level progression was just to sell max-level potions while keeping them somewhat-useless XD

Interesting, I agree with you as a gamer. But as a businessperson it would be very difficult to remove the keys from the game and find something else to profit off of as a large portion of profits DOES come from the purchasing of keys. Also, rip chains? Hehehehe… Anywho this was already on my list, but it seems unfeasible. Thank you for your input anyways :slight_smile:

Muahahahah don’t worry. This is an easily fixable problem I have many possible solutions for :slight_smile:
Thanks for your feedback

old ui

make keys usable only outside of nexus, i hate lag on my home server during events

Just remove Urgles. It’s not that hard :slight_smile:

HONESTLY! URGLES SUCK I hate urgles.

rising fury isnt terrible, i have it and at lvl 60-70 it can do 500-650 damage. pretty good.

Mine’s at L72. There’s not many good places to utilize it effectively is all

the one change I’d make:
add an ending to the game

a bunch of other ideas that may be necessary to support such a dramatic structure upheaval:

• leaderboards now track characters who have beaten the game, and tracks both highest fame on game clear and fastest game clear.
  • after a character has beaten the game, that character can never be used again. everything they were carrying is also lost.
  • soulbound items can no longer be put down after being equipped. you can unequip them and switch to something else, but you can’t return them to the vault after you equip it. you can put the item down if you picked it up without equipping it.
  • either add a new currency that can only be gained via game clears, or change death fame into clear fame and dead characters grant 0 fame regardless of bonuses.
  • pots are instantly drunk as soon as they enter your inventory, you can’t farm progress on characters you aren’t actively playing.
  • game clear requires the player to make a certain amount of progress before being allowed to attempt the clear, either some amount of dungeon clears and/or being maxed
  • dramatically increase drop rates.
  • remove or rework exaltations. they are built to support the crushing grind-a-thon that I’m actively trying to end with this approach.

but if all that feels too weasel-y to fit under the “only change one thing” restriction, then my backup one change to the game is “delete pets”.

had this idea because i only managed to get into one shatts run in 4 hours today on discord because of slow loading times.

a system similar to guilds, called clans, you could join any amount of clans that you want and their primary function would be to assist discord runs,(they would be seperate from guilds) , these clans could hold thousands of players and there would also be an clan hall. so for example when an lh discord is doing runs everyone would just get into the ‘lost halls’ clan hall preventing crashers, there is also no cooldown for entering a dungeon in here so nobody would miss out on runs if they got there late, they would also have leaders and officers so trolls could just get kicked

release droprates

Buff void droprates

At that point, it seems like you’d want to just do a different game with those mechanics… though I like endings, I don’t mind the free reign you have in most post-game endings to goof off.

Not a criticism, just an opinion!

I agree not every game needs an ending, in fact not having one is pretty standard for MMOs, which rotmg ostensibly is.

the thing is, rotmg is an extremely shallow game for one that’s supposed adhere to an endless gameplay model. most experienced players can reach an “end of game” power level in a day from scratch, or in 5 minutes with sufficient vault storage, and then all that’s left is 3 months of grinding against miserable drop rates. the reason I think rotmg would benefit from an end state is that it’d be much simpler to implement compared to adding enough depth to last you several months of meaningful power building. well, that and permadeath. I don’t think permadeath would be a helpful thing to have in a game where progress can take months to restore.

The one change I’d make to positively impact the game/community would be eliminating the bot net successfully. How to do it? No idea.

I can’t imagine it’s a good look to newer players and as a returning player they only serve to annoy.

There’s countless different gameplay changes that could have more of an impact, but no players would complain about this change like they could a pet rework, for example.