I'm just missing life steal effect in weapons like as sword or dagger?

In my opinion this effect should be add to daggers.
I do not want to buff it but in new items this effect should be great , for example with dagger 110% life steal 1-3 hp or more can be very helpfull. What do you think about it?

Life steal is already on Necromancers???

It is , but life steal on weapons like as sword or dagger :slight_smile:

I already thought about this idea of lifesteal on weapons and here’s what i conclued about it. There are majors problems connected with this functionality:

1. You are wishing to put it on swords and daggers. Melees already have enough survivability with pets and high vitality (paladin has a seal) and dagger classes have alot of dexterity, which means they shoot around 10 shots per second. That means they will have a 10 to 30 hp heal per second, assuming they land all their shots, which is the same as a maxed uncommon pet, if I recall correctly.

2. It is just completely overshadowed by other healing sources, and therefore pointless. A priest could just spam his tome and heal you ten times better than your weapon, just like the other two healing classes. And even if quiet and pet stasis do exist, it is still not going to be very relevant as the game consists of either oneshot or getting oneshot these days anyway.

Tl;dr not effective enough, would be great and maybe even op if it was in the WildShadow era tho.

Sounds like Hearthstone.

@Tawdz no.
Nope.
Nuh-uh.
Firstly, too much and too many additions in +HP text. Lag.
Secondly, it’s not a mechanic that belongs in RotMG (not weapon-wise) as of now and probably never will be.

Think closely about how this would relate to Sickening, Bleeding, +HP, and pet heals. It’s simply not needed.
And I don’t understand the correlation of the sprite to the post.
3/10 balance, ?/10 spritework, and 2/10 effort. Next time, cap.

Vampiric weapons would work well for a dagger class, they’re a lot squishier than the sword classes but they still don’t outrange many if any enemies to make up for it. There’s surely a way to make it balanced. and it would greatly improve their survivability.

Interesting concept…

I like it. I reckon its a decent idea to debate about. :wink:

I can see it as a nice idea for a new class, doing health steal on their normal attack, and their ability buffs it in some way. But I would prefer to see it on a class, or as a whole new weaponclass, not as a change to plain daggers.

I think making a vampire ST set for Rogue or Trickster would be nice, would make more sense for it to be added in that concept.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.