IMPORTANT: Best of the Best nominations [finished]

I’m going to read the rest of these before I make a second place decision. I’ve only seen half of this list. I just already know what I want in first! :3

Ouch, now that I’ve read them all, 2nd place is hard to choose… I guess I have made my choice now, though.
I loved many of the ideas, don’t get me wrong, but ultimately, I think the tutorial quests gets the vote, because yeah, the game could really use more explanation beyond the tutorial for those poor souls who hate reading wikis. And as a f2p, I understand the 1 slot frustration perfectly. Even if that’s not the reward, I’d still want everything else included!

Some of my close option competitors were:

• Lost Halls: Because I loved that idea, being my second major read in the forums when I was new to this game, but it already (sort of) made its way into the game already, abs it would strictly be there as a momento.

• Sky Sanctuary: Also loved this idea, even if it needs tweaking and would probably get changed like the Lost Halls did it ever utilized in game

• The ninja st set: Made me smile, even though I don’t normally care for loot ideas; worth a mention

• Grave rework: That has bugged me a long timeand should be changed, but I’m not sure if the idea by itself can quite compete with the other BotB ideas listed above.

Again though, I genuinely liked all that I read, even if some were heavily flawed. No offense to the creations I didn’t list.

The Cryptic Rift was basically the disastrous consequence of A) my lack of game skills, B) ridiculous balancing, and C) the absence of actual effort. And you’d think I’d be proud of having my work up there. :pensive:

If it’s any consolation, I personally think that’s what the Guill idea was once I’d finished reading through it. It started out as a good idea that went a tad too far as the project expanded. Very humorous, but I’m not sure I’d want that included in game. (Also, I like Guill! Make him a mastermind, but not evil! :disappointed_relieved:)

(P.S. No hate intended, @Thropy :3)

Perhaps, but Thropy’s idea with Guill actually consisted of effort, plus he was willing to listen of feedback, go back, and change the things that didn’t fit.

What I did was essentially slap on some tiles using a pixel art editor to make two poorly-drawn rooms (I didn’t know what Tiled was back then), forgot to add the majority of enemy phases (because I’m cool like that), and use my old forum ideas for the items because I was too lazy. Oh, and I never went back to change stuff.

Why I’m spending time on a tantrum against my own idea, I’m not all too sure.

I will give him credit for that; he was facing some resistance at the time.

I legitimately forgot about this whoops

anyway to the surprise of absolutely no one, puffagod’s elder realms wins the poll and will gain best of the best status. sturky’s sky sanctuary also dominated the runner-up poll so that goes in too. @Puffagod @Sturky :partying_face:

BONZER! many thanks Xak and all the other charming rogues who voted <3 and grats to Sturky as well! C:

:crab:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.