IMPORTANT: Best of the Best nominations [finished]

This slightly goes against my nature, but since others have suggested their own ideas I feel it is not unwarranted… it is the toil of several years (and I’m still working on it!), so worth a try I suppose! C:

@Sturky’s Sky Sanctuary is also rather delectable…

Good luck unto all!

I only have a single humble item set that is supposed to be from a full dungeon, but here we are.

I put a lot of time and effort into making unique ideas to make the set special and how to make the set usable for anyone who uses it while still being balanced.

The sprites were also redone many times with the recommendation of the community, especially @GammaGamer, and the stats led to many a convincing argument to tweak things here and there throughout the whole set.

It may not have the sheer enormity of some of these other contenders, but this little guy has got a fighting spirit to him!

It’s my first set as well, so of course I’d be happy for it to be honored this way

Well, Since of course all of my ideas are amazing and super duper well thought out and would be great for the game, I would propose my really old idea on familiars:

“jokes” aside, I would totally be for my “non” joke thread of T0s to be nominated.

@Textbook’s idea for tutorial quests is also really good

@GammaGamer’s Cryptic Rift is pretty good as well

I finally found @CrystalPX’s Sorcerer’s Tower, and its pretty great even now.

Off topic, but this thread is a gold mine for cool ideas that I either forgot or never saw

Bless this community

sergierekt’s samurai class 10/10 humour

I’m nominating the Elder Realms, work on this is amazing and would be sacrilegious not to nominate it. Deca hire puffagod!

ELDER REALMS: An Endgame Idea by Puffagod

This idea was really good too

Simple and sweet, like the status depletion idea also in best of best

so it’s been a month and there doesn’t seem to have been much interest in the subject. definitely going to have to leave it open for another month to get more attention. I think there’s been enough nominations to work with, but nominations alone aren’t what’s needed. because if very few people care about the subject, that means that very few people care about the subject. tautological, yes, but still an important point.

I will still follow through at the end of this second month, but I will also probably never bother with this again. not until a proper resurgence of #ideas interest comes up, anyway.

i care about the subject uwu

rip

I think it’s more that there’s a relatively small population the game that uses the forums, let alone realmeye! For those of us that have been doing the game for a while, this place seems like the other half of the game, but I’m taken aback by how few people actually know of it’s usefulness or mere existence. It’s not like I see a lot of people talking about it in game beyond other guilds (even then), which is another reason I try to adopt new players into my guild earlier in their career. To teach them the fundamentals.

I don’t know though. I can direct and inform, but I’m not the super social type.

another month passes :cricket:

at the very least, this confirms my suspicions about activity in #ideas. alright then here’s your poll with all nominated threads. vote for the one you think most deserves to be in best of the best! it should go without saying, but please try not to vote for your own thread if you’ve been nominated.

0 voters

and here’s the same poll again, but this time vote for the one you think comes in second place. if there is a clear majority on the runner-up then I will add this one to best of the best as well.

0 voters

as promised, I will now ping everyone who commented on this thread in an attempt to hurry this along. I’ll take a look at the results in a week or two and assign BotB status accordingly.

@GammaGamer
@Sturky
@Wilhuff
@Gotgot
@Toastrz
@Puffagod
@Deplington
@WindowsHDD
@Twitchystr
@PohleBear
@XBookwyrmX

dab

I’m going to read the rest of these before I make a second place decision. I’ve only seen half of this list. I just already know what I want in first! :3

Ouch, now that I’ve read them all, 2nd place is hard to choose… I guess I have made my choice now, though.
I loved many of the ideas, don’t get me wrong, but ultimately, I think the tutorial quests gets the vote, because yeah, the game could really use more explanation beyond the tutorial for those poor souls who hate reading wikis. And as a f2p, I understand the 1 slot frustration perfectly. Even if that’s not the reward, I’d still want everything else included!

Some of my close option competitors were:

• Lost Halls: Because I loved that idea, being my second major read in the forums when I was new to this game, but it already (sort of) made its way into the game already, abs it would strictly be there as a momento.

• Sky Sanctuary: Also loved this idea, even if it needs tweaking and would probably get changed like the Lost Halls did it ever utilized in game

• The ninja st set: Made me smile, even though I don’t normally care for loot ideas; worth a mention

• Grave rework: That has bugged me a long timeand should be changed, but I’m not sure if the idea by itself can quite compete with the other BotB ideas listed above.

Again though, I genuinely liked all that I read, even if some were heavily flawed. No offense to the creations I didn’t list.

The Cryptic Rift was basically the disastrous consequence of A) my lack of game skills, B) ridiculous balancing, and C) the absence of actual effort. And you’d think I’d be proud of having my work up there. :pensive:

If it’s any consolation, I personally think that’s what the Guill idea was once I’d finished reading through it. It started out as a good idea that went a tad too far as the project expanded. Very humorous, but I’m not sure I’d want that included in game. (Also, I like Guill! Make him a mastermind, but not evil! :disappointed_relieved:)

(P.S. No hate intended, @Thropy :3)

Perhaps, but Thropy’s idea with Guill actually consisted of effort, plus he was willing to listen of feedback, go back, and change the things that didn’t fit.

What I did was essentially slap on some tiles using a pixel art editor to make two poorly-drawn rooms (I didn’t know what Tiled was back then), forgot to add the majority of enemy phases (because I’m cool like that), and use my old forum ideas for the items because I was too lazy. Oh, and I never went back to change stuff.

Why I’m spending time on a tantrum against my own idea, I’m not all too sure.

I will give him credit for that; he was facing some resistance at the time.

I legitimately forgot about this whoops

anyway to the surprise of absolutely no one, puffagod’s elder realms wins the poll and will gain best of the best status. sturky’s sky sanctuary also dominated the runner-up poll so that goes in too. @Puffagod @Sturky :partying_face: