"Improper Image Header"

I am getting this error whenever I try to upload a screenshot from the game. Obviously not having problems uploading other screenshots, which is super strange because I take them the same way (alt+prtsc). Any idea how to fix this?

perhaps try copying the image somewhere else and then copy it from there

I have tried pasting directly from the clipboard into the forums. I have my computer set to automatically save screenshots in a folder on my PC, so I have also tried uploading from that file. I have also tried opening them in MS paint and cropping it slightly and resaving it and upload it after that, and it doesn’t seem to work either. However, screenshots from non-realm sources don’t seem to have a problem as long as they don’t hit the 5 Mpixel cap.

(example screenshot).

I have tested it with both exalt and flash, and have restarted my computer several times in the last couple weeks since this problem started.

looks like others have had this problem before.

random things i could think of to try:

• saving as a different format than jpeg in sharex settings
  • not using the application ss and just drag-area-screenshot of game to see if it works
  • upload to imgur (not rlly a solution but if u rlly need) also try uploading to discord? (to see if smth is rlly corrupted like some comment said in the second link i posted)

Paste in MS Paint and use snipping tool.

It’s usually fixed by scaling down the image a bit.

Something like “sips -Z [new size] [image file]” in Mac Terminal does the trick if you’re lazy like me.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Scaling down the images by 50% seems to have done the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.