Improvement to Events

So… there’s been quite a lot of complaining about events since Deca took over. I myself have been in the game for a relatively long amount of time, and I think Deca has done a lot to improve the game, however they have been known to do… some things. Putting event whites in chests (not a fan), making primals drop at quite a low drop rate, making it impossible for many players to obtain a reskin item of their choice that they will die with anyway. I don’t like how they messed up the economy, or how they made an st set for every class but two. They have, however brought some excitement to this game. Month of the Mad God 2018 for me has been the best one i’ve ever encountered, improvements to the Ice Cave, Lost Halls and the Mountain Temple have turned those three dungeons into some of my favorite ones to run in the game. They’ve added some pretty awesome skins and made a really fun class to play on.

But Deca has done some pretty weird stuff with events.
I propose:

• Players themselves taking a vote and deciding what event will be held next
  • More art contests
  • An item art (reskin) contest
  • More Lost Halls events
  • Making some mystery packs ion the nexus shop be available to buy with fame

I don’t think this is asking much at all. Feel free to add your own suggestions in the comments below!

The whole concept of the boss insta chest event should probably be scrapped as it discourages playing during non-event times. Because why waste your effort for ‘normal’ 1x chance when you can wait for the next chest event for 2x, (or higher if you use loot pots in chained runs).

So we’ve become trapped in a cycle of everyone waiting for the next event, and ditching the game in between, Deca responds with increased frequency of events (every weekend) and it turns into the game dictating “this weekend you are doing dungeons A, B and C” instead of it being left for the players to do whatever they feel.

A difficult habit to break now it’s established in the routine of Rotmg, but if they change and reserve the bonus no-effort-to-spawn chests for a few times a year instead of every event/every week, they’d become special things instead of us feeling entitled to them. Danger of course is that leaves the actual core game exposed to daylight - and maybe there’s a few unsightly bits of the game that the events handily let us ignore, while waiting for the Unity transfer.

But that’s part of the reason for economy going down.

At the very least, they really need to fix hp scaling on event bosses in the realm. I just recently came back to the game, and tried to do a hermit, and both the tentacles and hermit had a ludicrous amount of hp even though I was the only person near them. If that’s how hp scaling works now, that’s just broken.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.