Improvement to the wiki itself

Cross posted from

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/help-the-wiki/541#Improvement-to-the-wiki-itself

Should we change the following?

Prior to this edit, there was no section to discuss the topic of talking about the wiki itself other than this page itself. (There is currently no dedicated place for meta talk about the wiki),
Should we have one here similar to the way it is presented in this edit as of 3/4/2017? As an alternative, should this be a page in and of itself?

“If you can help out with any issues listed here, please do! If you notice anything wrong with the wiki but can’t fix it yourself, list it here.” (Scroll to top)

Should we keep this section itself?
If not, should we have the answers in the FAQ, or some other easily noticeable and accessible area within either the wiki or forum itself?

If in the forums, there is currently no forum section or even subsection about the wiki itself. Does the community think it may be well suited as a subforum of the forum feedback section if not its own forum section? If not, should a sticky be created?

This wiki does not have talk pages or talk pages about page histories (pages where information about any page &or it’s history can be discussed which can help to eliminate edit wars and potentially reduce data usage along with link inconsistencies.) Should we change that?

Further regarding link inconsistencies: Pages do not currently have linkbacks to other pages when links are created regarding any given page in question. Should this wiki have linkpages?
On a note similar to linkbacks; there is currently no page history method to read when a link to a page has been added or removed. Should we introduce such a feature? It would potentially make inconsistencies much easier to find and fix.

Please see
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/help-the-wiki/542#Improvement-to-the-wiki-itself

(The only difference is a link back to this very post)

@moderators I guess you can answers his question

As of now, I think that the community has decided that #feedback is good enough for any discussion regarding the forums, RealmEye’s main site and the wiki.

If the main site isn’t important enough to warrant a category of its own, I don’t see why the wiki would.

Though that doesn’t mean I disagree with you - in fact, I’d love to have three subcategories of #feedback.

1. Forum Feedback
  2. RealmEye Feedback
  3. Wiki Feedback

That’d definitely be awesome, @moderators I remember this conversation happening before but given how awful my search skills are, I’d rather you just tell me again what was wrong with this idea.

I haven’t really seen any discussion around the wiki save for Dragon (who is a self-pronounced wiki godfather now) and the occasional “this doesn’t belong here!” questions. But if there were another subcategory, who knows? maybe we could get some more talk happening :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Edit (Nevov): for wiki discussion on these forums, we have: Wiki Improvements