Improvements to the Candyland

Oh boy, my first post here. Please don’t kill me, especially @Xaklor (I called you this time, so don’t kill me).

I have a list of ideas that I thought that would improve the Candyland. Now, I see the Candyland has potential, but it’s kinda stupid as well, especially with the current system implemented, so I decided to make a small list.

#Ideas

###Remove The System: If People Sit in Boss Room, then The Boss Doesn't Spawn Honestly, this is a pointless idea. Naturally, there's a few idiots in game that like to ruin other people's day. One of them is to simply sit in the Cland's boss room (so that the boss doesn't spawn). This not only wastes time, but also annoys many people.

Idea: Remove the System. If people want to sit in boss room, fine. Let then die because the boss happens to spawn on them.

###10 Minibosses = 1 Boss Pretty self-explanatory. After killing 10 minibosses, a boss will spawn (the boss wil be based off the last mini boss you kill).
###Music This is practically an infinite dungeon (unless yo I get disconnected). Why not have unique music for the Candy Land? (Mentioned 100+ times).
###New Idea: Add Multiple Boss Rooms and More Rooms This idea is also self-explanatory. The idea is to simply add more boss rooms (Maybe 5 total) and more rooms (maybe 25 total). The bosses will spawn in random boss rooms (out of the five). The stacking system will still work.

Technically, this would make stacking more efficient, because you can see bosses spawning in the boss rooms (and fill up all five rooms with bosses).

####Thoughts and Comments?

Also, @Xaklor, peace?

inb4 noob #534236473 dies and sues deca. but not a terrible idea at least. has promise.

that could theoretically take way longer, what about it’s still random but is guaranteed after some set amount

only maybe 7% of the community actually listens to rotmg’s music. everyone else uses their own anyway

I like the idea of having more space to work with, makes it less repetitive.

the only thing that bugs me about you is attempting to summon me to threads I have already seen or will take a look at anyway. if something is in the ideas category, I will look at it. don’t waste your time and everyone else’s trying to get me to look.

I thought it was funny letting you assume this, but I’ll tell you anyway. I haven’t actually ignored you. just don’t take advantage of this new information or you might actually get ignored.

Truce it is.

I’ll stop with the telephone act.

my ideas/opinions

• Maybe just set a timer on them entering the room, for example after 30 Seconds the player is no longer registered as in the room and the boss can spawn. Saves people running through the room, prevents trolling.
  • So remove some of the RNG from an RNG Dungeon, sounds fine, I’m not sure about the number but the concept is fine.
  • Xaklor summed it up, even though I do listen to the music.
  • I can imagine people stacking the bosses, and then killing from the opposite direction as the crowd, getting full soulbound and removing the chances of others.
  • What about people sitting there not clearing, claiming to be an anchor.

What about stacked bosses? If a boss could just randomly spawn on your face right after you kill another boss, that would be annoying. That’s a completely bullshit unfair death.

As Curlip said, give them some kind of warning and at least a few seconds (no need for 30, 5 is most likely enough), don’t just spawn a shotgun on top of them.

On the one hand, it would be cool to be able to control what boss will spawn now that specific bosses can drop specific parts of the Pally set.

On the other hand, I can see this being a cause of conflict in public Candylands (what if you’re the only guy trying to get Seal or Armor while everyone else is farming Pixies exclusively?).

Precisely because it’s an infinite dungeon. Listening to the same loop for hours would grate on your nerves and you’d eventually turn it off anyway.

That I like, if only because it gets rid of leeching.

Aaaaaw, don’t stop doing it, I like it. Just don’t overuse it. Try to integrate it on your normal posts, don’t make new posts just for the sake of calling people over the phone.

I thought the whole point of Candyland was to be stupid and a waste of time.

Like the board game.

No, I’m pretty sure that the boss chance decreases over time.

ok.

The idea of more normal rooms is good, the idea of more boss rooms isnt.

ok so 1st
do you know how to quote? if not look here(looks like your just typing it and using ">"

maybe some form of warning, or the dungeon pushes you to the side? [quote=“Werbenja, post:6, topic:3738”]
Aaaaaw, don’t stop doing it, I like it
[/quote]

I recall that events used to frequently spawn in peoples faces, until some sort of patch made it less frequent. It still happens though, and is scary af o.0

Your first point would be solved if there are multiple boss rooms. I like the idea of having multiple boss rooms, if only for what RMG mentioned already. I really hate the current system, where you are penalized for clearing. Since the boss notification doesn’t always popup immediately, I’ve missed many bosses because I was actually actively clearing. So now I’m paranoid every time I kill one of the mini bosses, always on the look out for the boss.

As for music, why not have music for the rest of the Realm? I don’t see this as being particularly pertinent to the cland specifically.

10 Minibosses = 1 Boss
I’d personally like it, but it doesn’t fit in with the whole RNG concept that is found in the rest of the game. Like, it’s equally as annoying to do over 300 UDL’s and not get dbow as killing tons of minibosses and not getting a boss. But you’re even RNGesus himself, would you really want Mr. System to take over?

hence why i never do pub cland

that^[quote=“UnicornSla, post:10, topic:3738”]
. But you’re even RNGesus himself,
[/quote]

lol

Who is this Mr. System you speak of? I don’t even know who he is, but he seems more appealing than RNGesus…

Screw RNGesus, let us all worship Mr. System.

RNGesus: Go die in a hole. I shall bless you with death, shame, etc.

Nah, you gotta roll a die for that.

Rather than doing it where bosses just spawn, why not make it like in the Haunted Cem where a message comes up? Like “Candy Gnome: Boss Spawning in 10 Seconds!”

That seems like a great idea.

yes! that would be great

I thought the whole point of deleting ConsoleMC was to keep you AWAY from the forums. if you’re just going to use this account, what was the point?

Yeah, this is deja vu for when they added the chat message for those event chests.

Because right now, people actually contributing to the cland by clearing are penalized, while the leechers waiting outside the boss room get first dibs at boss.

I’d set it to 5 seconds though, way too long if you’re doing the cland for hours on end :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.