In terms of loot, something really needs to change

Was in a puppet then as a 7/8 knight. Two (I presume) 0/8s are with me. I spend 10 minutes rushing because I was pretty unlucky, I uncovered the whole map. We did a troom & boss. I got 0 despite doing the majority of the work and DPS on boss. I’m pretty salty about this, not gonna lie.

I heard a suggestion a while back where the more tiles you uncover the higher your chance for loot is. I really like this because it stops leechers from, well, leeching. In this scenario I would’ve had a much higher chance of loot than the leachers. Your opinions on this?

Let's talk about the loot drop system

Rushers tend to be:

-people who are already maxed (and thus don’t need the guaranteed pot drops as much as a newer player)

-people with good pets

-melees

-leeches (Mad Lab) or draggers (Ice Cave)

so I don’t know how good an idea it would be to give increased chances at loot to these people.

I don’t understand your last point. Rushers are “leeches”? That’s a contradiction. And yes some might drag in a ice cave, but by clearing it out you still uncover all the tiles a dragger would.

Might as well explain it in full:

-Candyland: I can just uncover all tiles once and then leech for all the bosses afterwards.

-Ice Cave, Deadwater Docks, Lair of Draconis: I can leech for the entire actual dungeon as long as I uncover all tiles at the boss room.
In Ice Cave specifically, I can just make huge packs of enemies and drag them on the group, I’ll still have as many tiles uncovered as someone who is actually contributing by killing them.

-Shatters: if I drag all the mobs before 1st boss, I’ll have more tiles uncovered than someone who tried to keep it clean and stuck to the southern woods.

-Mad Lab: I can rush the whole dungeon then leech for 2nd boss and still have almost the same chances at loot as someone who actually contributed to breaking the Tesla coils.

See this is a rich get richer scenario anyways.

Player A is a 8/8
Player B is a 0/8

Lets say Player B finds a dungeon and goes in it. Player A goes in the same dungeon.

Lets say there are 1,000 tiles in a sprite world. Player A can easily rush, and finds 800 of the 1,000 because they entered late. Player B has 4 times less of a chance if they both hypothetically reach the soul-bound threshold. How is that fair, even though the first player is maxing for another character?

Rusher's and clearer's advantage - Loot should be earned

The current loot system, especially in this case, supports weaker players, giving them a chance at getting loot. You’re a 7/8 knight, technically you don’t need those attack pots. Everyone in the dungeon gets the same chance, that’s how the game is designed (same goes for fame, it’s co-op), and that’s how it should be.

Solution: Solo your puppets.

@PURELEE

I did a Puppet yesterday on maxed Warrior. Rushed the whole thing, found one troom, pixied the chests and got 0 twice. All the loot was taken by two unmaxed Knights.

I don’t really care that I did most of the job and got nothing for it, I’m more annoyed that I don’t even know if I had a chance at loot. I wish there was a mandatory pbag for everyone who hit soulbound threshold.

As for rushing rewards - I don’t think that’s a good idea. Makes no sense to expect any non-melee to outrun a Warrior/Knight/Pally in an Abyss or hope that anything but Trix/Rogue can rush OT efficiently (some classes can, but in case of a random Pony sit only Rogue with Plane and Trickster have a good shot at escaping and continuing rush).

Deca could always lower soulbound threshold on things and allow a maximum of Boss HP/threshold pots per kill, but only 1 per player (similar to Manas from OT, pots from Shatters’ chests and skins from the event chest). That would of course cause influx of pots, but should fix the issue of “OMG STOLE MY POT!!!”.

@RXAPL
Although the exact threshold is unknown, it is known that chests have a very low SB damage requirement (<500). This means that you had a chance for sure. Puppets only guarantee 1 attack pot. And again, if you really care about that pot, I suggest soloing them (shouldn’t be a problem on a maxed Warrior). I usually do Puppets only for their UT items.

Yeah, I can get my pots, no issues here. I just feel a little tricked when everyone is saying “low threshold here, low threshold there” and then I keep getting 0. That’s the nature of RNG, sure, but I would love to see a pbag as a confirmation that I at least qualified for loot or something.

It may sound demanding while talking about Puppets, but when I think about how I did around 50 Hermits and 30 Sphinxes the past week and only received 2 pot bags from Sphinx, I really feel cheated (regardless of whether I really was).

welll thats nothing, ive done hermits and shinxes my entire realm life (when i was actually good enough).

And ive gotten like 3 pots bags for herm.

@RXAPL
Puppets can be frustrating becaues they are usually run in a medium/large sized group, but the bosses only drop 1-2 pots each time.
Sphinx and Hermits are a bit different, since they don’t guarantee any pots, at all.

Sphinx has a 1/8 chance of dropping Vitality (SB is 1100), 1/5 chance of dropping Wisdom (SB is 8250), 1/500 chance of dropping a Jugg (SB is 4125). It doesn’t guarantee any drops.
Hermit has 8 times a 1/62 chance of dropping Vitality (1/8 total), 8 times a 1/33 chance of dropping Dexterity (1/4 total), 8 times a 1/3846 chance of dropping a Jugg (1/480 total). It doesn’t guarantee any drops.

I soloed once a Draconis with a 8/8 Sorc i made 2 Black and Blue i got 0.
Seems Legit

Oh boohoohoo, you sat on your ass for 10 minutes with a St Ab and didn’t get 8 tops from each boss. Cry me a river.

Draconis might have no guaranteed loot, it’s still 5 chances at Life/Mana/WC tops in a dungeon that’s 100% leech-friendly thanks to loot chests.

I agree but im only saying that loot in some dungs needs to get reworked especially loot chest in shatters is really fucked up.
TFW you make shatters and 0/8 leecher gets 2/3 lel

Simple: remove the loot chests.

Well, I am in favor of chests for Thessal and the Sphinx. Both get steam rolled so fast only the melees and the very lucky get a chance at loot.

Or … Perhaps for every person that shows up at Sphinx or thessal give that boss another 20 DEF and and 500 HP to allow everyone a chance at SB.

For Thessal i would make something like an awakening phase so everyone could tp fast enough

I kinda get this, because to a degree we all get a little annoyed when that 0/8 guy appears out of nowhere, barely qualifies, and gets ‘your’ drop. However, it just takes some perspective. As a maxed character, you can run far more of those dungeons far faster and far more easily than the 0/8s - whilst we may, therefore, remember with annoyance the few occasions we didn’t get loot, this is surely just a comment on how often we get loot the rest of the time. The fact that we almost feel entitled to loot demonstrates how easy these dungeons are as a source of pots for maxed characters, which isn’t the case for the 0/8s.

Let them have their loot. You’ll make dozens of def today. They’ll make one or two.

Oh, also, as an aside I hate test chests too. It’s just important to remember perspective.

That wouldn’t fix the steamrolling, just make it slightly more bearable.

If you’re going to address the steamrolling, it’s better to come up with an actual solution first rather than put a bandaid on it and never touch it again.

Or add a buffing mechanic to Thessal and all events, similar to Ent Ancients/Ghost Kings/Liches, and then keep loot chest only for Davy Jones, the only boss in the entire game for whom it really makes sense.

This is why I would like to see teleport changed, I get dungeons to drop for me, not for the endless stream of leachers.

If I enter the following dungeons and someone is in it, I leave. If someone follows me in, I leave or drag on them if they are weak, even if I am half way to the boss, one of us is leaving.

• UDL
  • Sprite
  • Abyss
  • Mad Lab

I simply don’t do any of the other dungeons. Leach that you pricks.