Indomptable: not as good as was thought?

Well well well folks, the results are in!

As we can see here, it seems the new ST sword isn’t the crazy, better than A.S.S, sword we all thought it was. In fact, the Ancient Stone Sword (white line) is still the second best sword for high defence enemies, while when attacking enemies with medium defence like test chests or stone guardians, it is actually the second worse sword of the bunch, with our “favorite” new ST still being wayyy worse than it.

In fact, the only time the Indomptable is better than any other top tier sword is at extremely high defence, on a passive bomb enemy in the manor and some other passive enemy from whoever knows where.

Additionally, it seems the pixie sword is better than dblade on enemies with very very minimal defence, but in the long run it is probably better for safety’s sake as it is easier to hit 3/4 pixie shots than both dblade shots at the same time.

ANother cool tid-bit I learned is that although dblade is the best on test chests, the pixie is not far behind, while acclaim and cutlass are slightly behind that.

Anyway, the point of this was to prove once and for all that under solo circumstances, the Indomtable is not very good at all. And please don’t start with that “oh it pierces” stuff. Just kidding I know someone will and I’ll counter that argument later. Leave a like if you learned something today.

-MrLoaf

Do you like the planned sword nerf?

Based on the fact that it’s a piercing sword with very high damage per shot, super low rate of fire and a Defense penalty on it, I would argue Indomptable was never meant to be a DPS sword but rather a hit-and-run sword.

Remember, DPS graphs are only useful to a point.

Right. If a shot from this sword pierces and hits just one additional enemy, the sword’s DPS is technically doubled. Same goes for hitting more than two enemies.

It seems pretty good for e.g. abbys or bosses that have lots of minions around them.

The sword is situational. I just haven’t thought of a good situation for it yet.

I’d say any time the boss is surrounded by a shiton Of enemies.

Right. But then again you have to ask would an ass or acclaim kill those minions and the boss faster than the ST alone?

Yes yes yes. But. If used on warrior I can almost agree with you. However you have to ask yourself if (while berserked) will an ass or pixie or acclaim kill the enemies you are piercing faster just do to damage and fire rate.

If used on pally then you can use to deal large sums of damage, but then all other weapons would do more damage as well so the division still stands.

Now on knight. I think this sword is either best or worst on knight depending how you look at it. One way he can live with the -10 def very easily. On the other hand so can a jug warrior with cc and he can actually increase the fire rate. However knight already has a piercing ability THAT STUNS. With this, knight can stun some enemies and proceed to move close enough to hit more than one of them with the sword effectively doubling the damage as @Life said. That’s why I think knight is best for this sword… However I would still use acclaim or ass or literally anything else in the long run.

Check out this video! Note I am not basing most of my argument off of it, this is just so you can see it action.

Yeah, it should have been also compared to the crystal sword.

I considered it but then realized nobody would ever use crystal sword as a main weapon, additional it does X amount less than an acclaim so one can do the math themselves.

The indomitable is a piercing weapon. Therefore it should be compared to other piercing weapons.

Where on earth did you get the idea that the crystal sword pierces??? The wand pierces armor but only at the cost of no enemy piercing.

Oh.
(I have never used a crystal sword)
PS: Screw crystal prisoner drop tables.

Yeah ummm… the crystal sword doesn’t pierce…

But crystal whites are so common. I mean I’ve only gotten 3 but I still know how common they are.

Drops are random. Which means I can do 1000 more and still not get a csword.

You are correct, However I can also do a crystal the day the event started and get the re-skin wand…

And those random drops you speak of… Yeah well they are high enough that you can do 100 crystals and get 10 whites.

Sometimes you don’t have the time to kill the mobs. If you have a limited time window to deal damage and the enemies around a boss respawn, then you’re better off dealing damage directly to the boss with a piercing weapon and retreating right after. Ergo,

But RNGeesus doesn’t give any to meeeeee! :sob: