"Infinite" Killer Bee Nest spawns

I found this too un-trivial to fit the said thread.
If the last Beehemoth of a Killer Bee Nest is left alive, a supposedly infinite (or at least extremely high) number of Colony Guardians (image) will keep spawning, as shown here:
c513d5f1dcf41dce3596f836e67c2e82f513c5b6_1_666x500

I presume this is because of different entities being used in the event, but I’m not sure.

Addendum: Hey, look, we can blame Mrunibro now!

Addendum 2: I’ve sent a mail to Deca. Dunno if Uni also notified them, but I’m sure this’ll convince them to quick-fix it :)

Trivial Issues Thread

mf best drag ever LUL

GOOD MOTHER OF GOD

someone’s gonna make Avatar/Ent Sitting 3.0 with this

I remember that this used to disconnect anyone who got near the event because hundreds of bees would be in the same spot. Then once it got very crowded the realm would start to get slow and eventually teleport randomly in the nexus and crash.

I thought it was fixed. Not completely, it seems.

what the hell

I want to throw poisons.

wtf

Crasher pheromones intensifies.

I agree with Nevov, though I’d assume it’s less fun with all the fancy lag reduction features nowadays. (As opposed to snakes and poisons in 2013)

I was hella confused cuz I had some simple logic in place that prevented it from spawning more than 1 wave at a time, then…

How has this bug existed for so long, let alone how did I ever write that down and not notice it ever beefore

BlueBee::
“If none of the small red bees exist go to spawn phase” (spawns blue bees)

SHOULD BE "If none of the small blue bees exist (…)

Yellow and Red do have their logic straight.

Well, that clears that at least >w<

He had to scribble out his map hacks

that feel when you are an xml programmer

who you gonna call?

the assassins

Yo, before you disappear into the aether, can you tell me whether or not you’ve talked to DECA (or could fix it yourself, maybe???.. idk who fixes would go through, or if you could even contact them about the dungeon you made…), but could you try and get the Nest to be unable to spawn after all ghost kings, cyclops, phoenixes, and red demons (I.E. stuff before ents are visible) are killed? it’s just ridiculous to see such a large event be ignored, because there’s basically no time to kill it with a small group before liches are killed. :confused:

OR you could strip the Bee Colony of its special status as excempt from needing to be killed to close oryx, that’d be kinda cool.

Gets my vote. It never used to be exempt, and true it did lead to some abandonments, but that was a year ago before the event was improved with such as additional map dots to know where the bees are. Suck it up and go kill the thing if you want Oryx. That’s my opinion anyway.

It doesn’t have to be killed for Oryx anymore, since it’s an optional event, like the Lost Sentry.

Please no, at least not with its current state. Events like this one (and Oryx Horde, and Lost Sentry, and Avatar) are unnecessary DPS-walls which kill eventing in nice small realms. You either have to ignore them and try to get around by finding remaining quests without quest markers, or have to waste a ridiculous amount of time soloing these and putting yourself in danger for measly reward. You probably don’t remember how it was last year, but people were ignoring Nests even in decently crowded realms (20-30 people) sometimes and it would block going to Oryx and locating low level quests. Heck, I’ve been playing in a 60 person realm yesterday for 2 hours, doing dungeons and godlands. No one even touched Oryx Horde or Sentry, and realm closed and went to Oryx with both of these still alive, despite MotMG and LH event still going. That’s because events like Nest, Sentry and Avatar don’t belong to the normal realms at all, imo (and Oryx Horde, despite its all fixes, is a terrible, boring and dangerous DPS wall), and should be located somewhere else. They are such a wasted opportunity to make elder realms instead of stuffing all in normal realms.

I’ll have to disagree with Sentry, since it drops pots very often, and it’s well HP-scaled.
The phases aren’t impossible either, and have notable patterns (except the one w the swishy parametric armor breaking shots…)

But there’s no DPS wall on Nest Colony or Sentry? :thinking:

Since the nerf to Sentry it’s hardly much threat at all, and I’m seeing it be consistently fought, at least on my server, it only takes a couple of players fighting+calling to start the ball rolling and get others to join. Nest Colony is much easier since the addition of map dots for the bees - so last year’s experience of it being ignored wouldn’t necessarily be repeated, though something more attractive loot-wise (whitebag from all 3 bees), would definitely be a sweetener if it was de-optional-ised.

There is definitely a risk vs reward thing going on. Nothing new to Rotmg if you recall the first days of Sphinx when there was no cap to it spawning, and players simply did not want to fight it - realms would have multiple sphinxes blocking it going to Oryx. People adjust as time goes by, but only if “forced” to learn to fight these things, and if they have something worth gaining. This is my main problem with optional quests - it allows players to stay in their comfort zone and their learning skills go to rust, contributing to them being part of the nonsense outrage when anything new is added because they aren’t used to having to use that part of their skillset, and new becomes threatening.

This is completely true.
I’m only concerned with them being optional for the final realm close. Maybe the nearest standard quest (GK, Ent, etc) should continue to be displayed alongside the nearest event quest (meaning 2x quest arrows) so anyone wanting to spawn new events and progress the realm, but unable/unwilling to battle the active event can still contribute. I kinda had the idea they were working to this, when they renamed the quests “bounty” but maybe that was only in my head.

Oryx Horde, yeah, is a different thing, sigh, for the 2nd year they still didn’t get it right. Had the Mayhem only been available through it, or had the Decaract whites or some other unique item also dropped from the final phase, or even mere guarantee of 1x MG Token in the group, I’m certain it would have been more attractive to fight, but I agree what’s the point in risking that danger for likely only a moss. Its regaining of the HP in the last phase - so annoying. And HP scale totally fails if it’s evaluated against the whole realm but only a couple of players are actually trying to fight it.